PAY children to go to school!

I know what it is like for any slave loving capitalist out there. They all want something for nothing. You expect children to learn learn learn (often bullshit) for free. (I say sarcastically) "That's right. Crack that fuckin whip!" Then there are all of the parent's expenses. Such as providing their children with things like shoes. Which as a small child I remember having to go a whole summer without. As you can imagine, on rainy days it was even more unplesant.

Like it or not, we live in a push button instant gratification world. And you expect children to go through 12 years of school work for nothing? That's obscene! Also, many children don't get any sort of allowance at all. Though as a child, I used to. Every sunday we were given fifty cents to go see a movie. Which wasn't much.

But what if children were actually paid to go to school. They would likely do better. It doesn't have to be a lot like an adult would expect. And if I was paid, I could have gone to the movies every day if I wanted. Or buy other things. Which would stimulate the economy. Or maybe they could save their money to buy something more expensive. Such as maybe a birthday present for mom. It would also get children used to the whole work ethic thing. They do school WORK and get a salary for it.

This should extend even to college. Where we would pay them even more to go. So they might be able to afford to drive or take girls on dates. In taking this route, more would be likely to go to college. And having more college educated people would be good for society on the whole.

Also, I have heard that this country has a shortage of nurses. Well pay these students a little more if necessary to go into that line of study. Though once that shortage is solved, that increased pay would be less.

And you expect children to go through 12 years of school work for nothing?

I wish they could go through for nothing.
Here in Chicago we waste...err...invest more than $15,000 per year per student to try to educate these little punks (and illegal alien punks). You want us to hand them cash on top of that?

What are you some kind of moron?
Those Who Invented All Weapons Will Someday Get Revenge for Your Insults and Ingratitude

Morons like you are jealous of smartkids and want to see them suffer. And those wasteful programs that you've been tricked into believing are sincere are forced on us intentionally by the agents of the rich who pretend to be democrats. But you love those spoiled brats so much that you will never believe that the modern Democrats' sole purpose is to make government look bad so you'll vote for their anti-government fraternity brothers.

Which smart kids?

Unpaid Education Gets Us Mostly the Shallow End of the Talent Pool

Whatever IQ would be the cutoff for those we need to motivate to take the jobs we need them for. Every college graduate today could be replaced by someone smarter who was too turned off to graduate. So it is unproductive to say, for example, "We need 30,000 biochemists," because what we actually need are the 30,000 with the most potential for biochemistry, which is a different talent pool from what we are getting now.

I can't really agree. Once you know something, it is human nature to become good at it. At least most of the time. Maybe I am wrong, but I am guessing that a bad biochemist is better than none at all. Also, what if the U.S. needed 300,000 guitar players. Would it be necessary that they all played like Allen Holdsworth?

I nominate you to pay for the plan as well.

I have a 14 y.o. and a 15 y.o. You go ahead and pay them to attend school.

Make sure it's enough for them to support families of 4 and rent a 3 bedroom house. Isn't that the gold standard for minimum wage you guys maintain?

They attend school 9 hours a day, and probably devote an hour a day and 3 hours on the weekends to homework..pay them for that as well.

And since it's over 40 hours a week, you'll have to pay them overtime.

As I basically told todd, you are fukin high! In the countries that provide universal health care, they didn't do so by having any single person pay for it all. So paying children for their school "work" couldn't be done by me alone either.

Next, I wasn't talking about paying them what an adult would expect. You would have to be stupid to think that an 8th grader would need anything even close to https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/night-of-the-long-knivesethat kind of money.

As for homework, I say fuck it. If you were following along, you may have seen what I told somebody about students in Finland. They are said to be the most educated students in the world. Or at least in the top three. And when they do tests, they aren't given multiple boxes to check for the answers. They give the answers. How did they do all that? They did away with homework!
people always bring up countries with very small populations compared to the US
you can't do that--it's not a good analogy
that's much easier to enact for these small populations
Finland population 5.5 mil..US 300 mil
etc

If a small country can do anything, it would have to be just as easy for a large country to do. It is only a matter of scale.
no
1. many people would be against it--much harder to convince people to be for it
2. some communities do not have the $$$$ for it as much as others
3. there is no guarantee this would work!!! there are more kids in the US--meaning more that could be [ are ] not as smart/different cultures-parental upbringing/etc
---- = the parents have a huge part in the ''intelligence''/education of the kids
Like most aspects of human behavior and cognition, intelligence is a complex trait that is influenced by both genetic and environmental factors.
Intelligence is also strongly influenced by the environment.
Is intelligence determined by genetics?
Unlike Today's Unmotivating Structure, This Will Get the Best and Get Them to Study

As a substitute for paying taxes, their future employers would fund individual recruits.

No. Employers should still pay their taxes. To help pay children to go to school. You could also think of it as a paid apprenticeship.

Where does anybody ever get any money from. For things like the military, police, fire department, etc. You simply figure out a way to get it.

Excellent idea!!
You should use your own money to implement this wonderful plan.

Let us know how it goes.

You are what they would call a jackoff. In paying for universal health care in England, that isn't how it was done. So why would you think what you said is how it should be done to pay children for their school "work." Do me a favor and don't reply. Go haunt somebody else's thread.

In paying for universal health care in England, that isn't how it was done.

Their healthcare system is collapsing.

So why would you think what you said is how it should be done to pay children for their school "work."

Your "idea" is moronic.

Who says their health care system is collapsing. The same kind of morons who say there is no human caused global warming? And any problems they may be having with their health care system is most likely due to them leting all those sand negroes (can I say "nigers" around here?) they stupidly let into their country.

Next, the only thing that might make my idea "moronic" is when so many things are made in other countries. Otherwise, unless the children put their pay into a bank, it would just go back into our economy. I already brought up the universal health care that most developed countries provide for free. (You would be surprised by some of the countries that do so) Well paying children for their school "work" would cost far less.

Who says their health care system is collapsing.

Reality.

Do you mean the same kind of "reality" that says that during WW II, the Germans were the bad guys? If you want to know some real realities about health care, watch the documentary "Sicko." I don't agree with everything it says. But it does make some very good points.

No, the reality that their heath care system is busting their budget and making people wait in long lines for sub par care.

If you want to know some real realities about health care, watch the documentary "Sicko."

Did Moore say we needed to be more like Cuba?

[L]Sounds like your dad was pretty fucked up. All that aside, don't you think it would have caused a little less strife if you actually got paid to go to school?

Not at all. Both of my parents were professional educators for parts of their working lives.

There would have been far more strife if I’d been paid. My attitude toward school wouldn’t have changed, but there wouldn’t have been anything to hold me accountable. I’d have been dead or in prison before I turned 19 instead of off to college and a career that’s allowed me to support myself and my family.

Why would that have caused more strife. Because your parent's would have said "We didn't get it, why should you." To which, if you were smart enough, you could have replied with "Things change." Next, if you got used to having a little extra cash, that would have held you accountable. Also, what if you were actually PAID to go to college. Don't you think that would have made it a little more likely to happen?
Dude...give up. He is a psychotic nut who wants to live in the tenth century.

Whatever IQ would be the cutoff for those we need to motivate to take the jobs we need them for. Every college graduate today could be replaced by someone smarter who was too turned off to graduate. So it is unproductive to say, for example, "We need 30,000 biochemists," because what we actually need are the 30,000 with the most potential for biochemistry, which is a different talent pool from what we are getting now.

Are you suggesting we TELL students what career path thechave to take rather than letting them freely choose?
We Don't Owe a Living to Those Who Own the World

Sure, those who don't want to be recruited and get a high student salary by signing a contract can always live like teenagers afraid to grow up, working part-time low-wage jobs to pay for their dreary student lifestyle, if that's what they believe "freedom" means.

[L]Sounds like your dad was pretty fucked up. All that aside, don't you think it would have caused a little less strife if you actually got paid to go to school?

Not at all. Both of my parents were professional educators for parts of their working lives.

There would have been far more strife if I’d been paid. My attitude toward school wouldn’t have changed, but there wouldn’t have been anything to hold me accountable. I’d have been dead or in prison before I turned 19 instead of off to college and a career that’s allowed me to support myself and my family.

Why would that have caused more strife. Because your parents would have said "We didn't get it, why should you?" To which, if you were smart enough, you could have replied with "Things change." Next, if you got used to having a little extra cash, that would have held you accountable. Also, what if you were actually PAID to go to college. Don't you think that would have made it a little more likely to happen?
Plutes Never Walk Their Talk

Slavish college graduates who make a lot of money are more likely to subconsciously admit they should have been paid when they give their brats a high allowance and paid-up tuition. So we shouldn't believe their preaching, because they don't practice it by telling their privileged spawn what they push on everybody else, "Work your way through college. If you can't stand living like that, join the Army and get the GI Bill."

I know what it is like for any slave loving capitalist out there. They all want something for nothing. You expect children to learn learn learn (often bullshit) for free. (I say sarcastically) "That's right. Crack that fuckin whip!" Then there are all of the parent's expenses. Such as providing their children with things like shoes. Which as a small child I remember having to go a whole summer without. As you can imagine, on rainy days it was even more unplesant.

Like it or not, we live in a push button instant gratification world. And you expect children to go through 12 years of school work for nothing? That's obscene! Also, many children don't get any sort of allowance at all. Though as a child, I used to. Every sunday we were given fifty cents to go see a movie. Which wasn't much.

But what if children were actually paid to go to school. They would likely do better. It doesn't have to be a lot like an adult would expect. And if I was paid, I could have gone to the movies every day if I wanted. Or buy other things. Which would stimulate the economy. Or maybe they could save their money to buy something more expensive. Such as maybe a birthday present for mom. It would also get children used to the whole work ethic thing. They do school WORK and get a salary for it.

This should extend even to college. Where we would pay them even more to go. So they might be able to afford to drive or take girls on dates. In taking this route, more would be likely to go to college. And having more college educated people would be good for society on the whole.

Also, I have heard that this country has a shortage of nurses. Well pay these students a little more if necessary to go into that line of study. Though once that shortage is solved, that increased pay would be less.

And you expect children to go through 12 years of school work for nothing?

I wish they could go through for nothing.
Here in Chicago we waste...err...invest more than $15,000 per year per student to try to educate these little punks (and illegal alien punks). You want us to hand them cash on top of that?

What are you some kind of moron?
Those Who Invented All Weapons Will Someday Get Revenge for Your Insults and Ingratitude

Morons like you are jealous of smartkids and want to see them suffer. And those wasteful programs that you've been tricked into believing are sincere are forced on us intentionally by the agents of the rich who pretend to be democrats. But you love those spoiled brats so much that you will never believe that the modern Democrats' sole purpose is to make government look bad so you'll vote for their anti-government fraternity brothers.

Which smart kids?

Unpaid Education Gets Us Mostly the Shallow End of the Talent Pool

I can't really agree. Once you know something, it is human nature to become good at it. At least most of the time. Maybe I am wrong, but I am guessing that a bad biochemist is better than none at all. Also, what if the U.S. needed 300,000 guitar players. Would it be necessary that they all played like Allen Holdsworth?
The University Is Primarily Designed for Richkids Living off an Allowance

We're stuck with the shallow end of the talent pool because of being generic, filling some quota with wannabes. That's why they're not paid a student salary; they aren't worth anything. We can't afford to have inferior people in superior positions just because unpaid education doesn't attract enough talent. So you're begging the question by attaching the solution to the status quo.

Another undeniable proof that this situation is unnatural is that, in my generation, 18-year-olds had to be threatened with death in Vietnam in order to get enough of them to go to college.

As I basically told todd, you are fukin high! In the countries that provide universal health care, they didn't do so by having any single person pay for it all. So paying children for their school "work" couldn't be done by me alone either.

Next, I wasn't talking about paying them what an adult would expect. You would have to be stupid to think that an 8th grader would need anything even close to https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/night-of-the-long-knivesethat kind of money.

As for homework, I say fuck it. If you were following along, you may have seen what I told somebody about students in Finland. They are said to be the most educated students in the world. Or at least in the top three. And when they do tests, they aren't given multiple boxes to check for the answers. They give the answers. How did they do all that? They did away with homework!
people always bring up countries with very small populations compared to the US
you can't do that--it's not a good analogy
that's much easier to enact for these small populations
Finland population 5.5 mil..US 300 mil
etc

If a small country can do anything, it would have to be just as easy for a large country to do. It is only a matter of scale.
no
1. many people would be against it--much harder to convince people to be for it
2. some communities do not have the $$$$ for it as much as others
3. there is no guarantee this would work!!! there are more kids in the US--meaning more that could be [ are ] not as smart/different cultures-parental upbringing/etc
---- = the parents have a huge part in the ''intelligence''/education of the kids
Like most aspects of human behavior and cognition, intelligence is a complex trait that is influenced by both genetic and environmental factors.
Intelligence is also strongly influenced by the environment.
Is intelligence determined by genetics?
Unlike Today's Unmotivating Structure, This Will Get the Best and Get Them to Study

As a substitute for paying taxes, their future employers would fund individual recruits.

No. Employers should still pay their taxes. To help pay children to go to school. You could also think of it as a paid apprenticeship.
Blue Chips, Not Bluebloods and Brownnoses

Just because all GreedHeads care about is making money doesn't mean they're smart enough to know how to. Even without the tax substitute, if an employer recruited the smartest high-school graduates in the country and paid them to learn what he needs, he would dominate his sector within a few years. It would be like an NFL team getting the entire first round of draft picks.

You are what they would call a jackoff. In paying for universal health care in England, that isn't how it was done. So why would you think what you said is how it should be done to pay children for their school "work." Do me a favor and don't reply. Go haunt somebody else's thread.

So why would you think what you said is how it should be done to pay children for their school "work."

Your "idea" is moronic.

Who says their health care system is collapsing. The same kind of morons who say there is no human caused global warming? And any problems they may be having with their health care system is most likely due to them leting all those sand negroes (can I say "nigers" around here?) they stupidly let into their country.

Next, the only thing that might make my idea "moronic" is when so many things are made in other countries. Otherwise, unless the children put their pay into a bank, it would just go back into our economy. I already brought up the universal health care that most developed countries provide for free. (You would be surprised by some of the countries that do so) Well paying children for their school "work" would cost far less.

Reality.

Do you mean the same kind of "reality" that says that during WW II, the Germans were the bad guys? If you want to know some real realities about health care, watch the documentary "Sicko." I don't agree with everything it says. But it does make some very good points.

No, the reality that their heath care system is busting their budget and making people wait in long lines for sub par care.

If you want to know some real realities about health care, watch the documentary "Sicko."

If you want to relate that to education, admit the fact that a doctor doesn't earn a living until he is 26 years old. So he is a Mama's Boy who was afraid to grow up. All that produces is crooks, quacks, and crackpots.

Sure, those who don't want to be recruited and get a high student salary by signing a contract can always live like teenagers afraid to grow up, working part-time low-wage jobs to pay for their dreary student lifestyle, if that's what they believe "freedom" means.

There shouldn’t be a student salary to begin with. I never had a job as a high schooler or while in college (except summers). My job was going to school and my pay was the food, clothing and shelter my parents provided.

Why would that have caused more strife. Because your parents would have said "We didn't get it, why should you?" To which, if you were smart enough, you could have replied with "Things change." Next, if you got used to having a little extra cash, that would have held you accountable. Also, what if you were actually PAID to go to college. Don't you think that would have made it a little more likely to happen?
Plutes Never Walk Their Talk

Slavish college graduates who make a lot of money are more likely to subconsciously admit they should have been paid when they give their brats a high allowance and paid-up tuition. So we shouldn't believe their preaching, because they don't practice it by telling their privileged spawn what they push on everybody else, "Work your way through college. If you can't stand living like that, join the Army and get the GI Bill."

SPAM alert. 10000000000000 times the same bullshit. Students are NOT going to be paid to go to school no matter how many times you spam your spam. People with any sense will continue to see the value of education.

Your "idea" is moronic.

Reality.

If you want to relate that to education, admit the fact that a doctor doesn't earn a living until he is 26 years old. So he is a Mama's Boy who was afraid to grow up. All that produces is crooks, quacks, and crackpots.

Worst inferiority complex ever ^^^^^^

I have known some parents to reward their kids with money for good grades. It usually provided a good incentive.

My brothers and I were rewarded for good grades by being able to do after school activities, play sports, etc.... We were rewarded for poor grades by having to show my parents our homework and progress reports from our teachers every night.

Your "idea" is moronic.

Reality.

Busting their budget? BS

Your "idea" is moronic.

Reality.

Does that mean you saw the documentary or not. But don't tell me here. If you want to talk about universal health care, I just started a thread for that in the healthcare section. It is called "How to afford universal health care." Tell me if you ever saw "Sicko" there.

Why would that have caused more strife. Because your parent's would have said "We didn't get it, why should you." To which, if you were smart enough, you could have replied with "Things change." Next, if you got used to having a little extra cash, that would have held you accountable. Also, what if you were actually PAID to go to college. Don't you think that would have made it a little more likely to happen?
Dude...give up. He is a psychotic nut who wants to live in the tenth century.

Sooner or later, anybody should tire of being told why they are wrong.

Your "idea" is moronic.

Reality.

Busting their budget? BS

Your "idea" is moronic.

Reality.

Does that mean you saw the documentary or not. But don't tell me here. If you want to talk about universal health care, I just started a thread for that in the healthcare section. It is called "How to afford universal health care." Tell me if you ever saw "Sicko" there.

I wouldn't waste your money on any of Moore's crap.

Forum List

Back