Pax Americana

Dumbfuck...we pushed Mubarak out the door, allowing the Muslim Brotherhood to take power.

The Muslim Brotherhood is a terrorist organization that has been around longer than AQ. It's the strategy of an idiot to let a terrorist organization to take over a country that controls the Suez Canal and is the #1 threat to Israel's border.

Mubarak understood being peaceful with the US and Israel was better for Egypt than aligning itself with stone age islamic beliefs and Iran....but Obamination and your kind believe he was wrong.:eusa_whistle:

We didnt hand over countries to anyone, we freely let them elect their own leaders. Interfering is what's insanity, it flies in the face of what you'd THINK you call an American principle.

We HANDED Egypt to the Muslim Brotherhood and remember "we came, we saw, he died"?

We HANDED Egypt nothing.

I agree that we shouldnt have pushed Mubarak under the bus and backed it over top of him.

After much consideration over the latter part of my adult life, I am now a firm believer that it in is the best interest of the USA to exercise some degree of control and influence over any part of the world that is of interest to us. To ignore an area, to let them to their own devices is the height of foolishness and downright dangerous to us.

Our government was modeled Rome, so should our military strategy. I was taught that is was inappropriate for us to flex our power, that George Washington warned us about foreign intervention. We were a weak sister then and were better off not tangling with France or England. Today, France and England both rest comfortably knowing that the firepower aboard a single US Aircraft Carrier can destroy the entire armored strength of the USSR without resorting to nuclear weapons.

Rome never had any qualms about letting its neighbors know who had the big stick. When an area became of interest and importance, the Legions were dispatched. Once subdued and under Roman rule, they prospered from trade and protection. The Germanic Barbarians in the North were never subdued and they lived worse than pigs. The civilized world knew true peace because the leader was not afraid to let the world know it was a safe and dependable leader, it should be no different today.

Good thinkin Frankie! A 2500 year old model. Ever wonder why the Roman empire fell?

:lol: Frankie...you are such a dufus!

Lead plumbing

If I thought you could locate Rome on a map I'd talk further

Roma? wasn't he a Dallas QB?

Precisely what gives us the right "to exercise some degree of control and influence over any part of the world that is of interest to us", especially when this exercise affects the affairs of another sovereign country?

What gives us the right not to?

If you don't like the world under Pax Americana, just wait until it is gone.

Look at the Middle East today. That's what happens when we abandon our leadership role. The entire area is a powder keg and far more dangerous than it's ever been BECAUSE the USA has not only abdicated its role, but has encouraged the Radicals to take control of nations.

Our Ambassadors murdered and our Nero fiddles with Jay Z and Beyonce while our Embassies burn

Forum List

Back