Pawns of the Powers that Be

Rosie:

Are you trying to apologize for ethnic cleansing when its committed by the "chosen people?"

In 1948 over 700,000 Arabs and others were uprooted from their homes, businesses and bank accounts when one third of the population of Mandate Palestine imposed a Jewish State by force of arms.

If 700,000 Jews had been displaced, you would have no problem blaming their tormentors, would you?

Jewish exodus from Arab and Muslim countries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What ethnic cleansing and who uprooted them? O, believer of fairy tales.
Surely..you jest?

"The 1948 Palestinian exodus, known in Arabic as the Nakba (Arabic: النكبة*, an-Nakbah, lit. "disaster", "catastrophe", or "cataclysm"),[1] occurred when approximately 711,000 to 725,000 Palestinian Arabs left, fled or were expelled from their homes, during the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine and the 1948 Arab-Israeli War..."

"The expulsion of the Palestinians has since been described by some historians as ethnic cleansing,[17][18][19] while others dispute this charge."

1948 Palestinian exodus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Has the Republican investment in ignorance paid any dividends for you lately?
I was 9 years old in 1948 and remember avidly following stories of the Israelis in the Weekly Reader in school and the discussions we held. During and after WWII schoolchildren were very knowledgeable about world affairs. So you and your ilk can't change history for my generation. Nakba, indeed!

It's downright comical watching the "New Historians" try to twist facts witnessed by so many who still carry the memories. :D

Surely..you jest?

"The 1948 Palestinian exodus, known in Arabic as the Nakba (Arabic: النكبة*, an-Nakbah, lit. "disaster", "catastrophe", or "cataclysm"),[1] occurred when approximately 711,000 to 725,000 Palestinian Arabs left, fled or were expelled from their homes, during the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine and the 1948 Arab-Israeli War..."

"The expulsion of the Palestinians has since been described by some historians as ethnic cleansing,[17][18][19] while others dispute this charge."

Has the Republican investment in ignorance paid any dividends for you lately?
I was 9 years old in 1948 and remember avidly following stories of the Israelis in the Weekly Reader in school and the discussions we held. During and after WWII schoolchildren were very knowledgeable about world affairs. So you and your ilk can't change history for my generation. Nakba, indeed!
I was one in 1948, Hoss.
Do you happen to remember who published your Weekly Reader?
What did they have to say about Jim Crow?
Hiroshima or Lyuh Woon-hyung?
Has it ever occurred to you that some big lies may have played a prominent part of your "education?"
The Weekly Reader damn sure wasn't published by Haaretz.

wrong again Georgie-------jews do not START FLEEING islamic oppression after 1948 not did islamic oppression begin as a result of 1948. -----you certainly do the islamo nazi revisionist history BEAUTIFULLY I will tell you a somewhat long story that conflicts with your revisionism
My hubby arrived in palestine at age one-----in 1940 He was
his parents second son. His parents were very young----mother probably about 18 when her second son was born and--father --maybe 24-----and his grandfather was ---doing the program of flight from the muslim country It has started about SIX YEARS before hubby's birth-----as an escape. Hubby's father died-----which in islamic law mades his mother an ORPHAN----In islamic law an orphaned jewish child-----can be claimed ---as the POSSESSION of the local islamic chieftain (see dhimmi orphan law) hubbys paternal grandfather had lost his wife----and two babies to islamic rape/murder----just a radom thing------he decided to SAVE the married son and little daughter in law ----in a jouney of escape that took about five years to accomplish ------so they did it-----the grandfather died en route----he as probably about 50 at the time----but the little couple did manage to get from aden to egypt and thence to palestine------baksheesh supplied by a cousin who had escaped years earlier. That cousin----ended up in parts in the backyard near the chicken coup------but that is ok-----there were jews moving into palestine so the arabs had as much right to cut him into pieces as they did to enslave and rape my mother-in-law. so much for the nazi pig world you support so ardently and your revisionist history
You and Hubby should take Lord Balfour and Lord Rothschild out behind that chicken-coop.

"The Balfour Declaration (dated 2 November 1917) was a letter from the United Kingdom's Foreign Secretary Arthur James Balfour to Baron Rothschild (Walter Rothschild, 2nd Baron Rothschild), a leader of the British Jewish community, for transmission to the Zionist Federation of Great Britain and Ireland."

Balfour Declaration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where did the refugees come from?

"al-Nakba.

"Nur-eldeen Masalha writes that over 80 percent of the Arab inhabitants left their towns and villages in 1948, while Rashid Khalidi puts the percentage at 50.[8][9]

"Factors involved in the flight include Jewish military advances, attacks against Arab villages and fears of massacre after Deir Yassin,[10]:239–240 which caused many to leave out of panic; expulsion orders by Zionist authorities; the voluntary self-removal of the wealthier classes,[11] the collapse in Palestinian leadership,[12] and an unwillingness to live under Jewish control.[13]

"Later, a series of laws passed by the first Israeli government prevented them from returning to their homes, or claiming their property.

"They and many of their descendants remain refugees.[14][15]

Fathi Hammad, Hamas Minister of the Interior and National Security, acknowledged that the roots of most "Palestinians" are elsewhere in the Middle East, and that the Palestinian label is only a thin veneer.

"Every Palestinian, in Gaza and throughout Palestine, can prove his Arab roots - whether from Saudi Arabia, from Yemen, or anywhere. We have blood ties."

"Brothers, half of the Palestinians are Egyptians and the other half are Saudis."
- Fathi Hammad, Hamas Minister of the Interior and National Security - Al-Hekma TV, March 23, 2012 :D
And the roots of many Jewish citizens of Mandate Palestine came from far outside the Middle East:

"Jewish population during the mandate and immigration - The census of 1922 listed 83,790 Jews in Palestine. The census of 1931 listed 174,606. The Anglo-American report of 1946 listed 608,000 Jews in Palestine.

"According to the Israel Statistical Abstract, there were 716,000 Jews recorded in November 1948 and 758,000 recorded at the end of the year. It is not possible to ascertain the actual number of Jews present at the birth of the state, but the number given is generally 650,000.

"Considerably numbers of immigrants entered immediately after the state was declared.

"A net immigration of 216,000 Jews was recorded for 1930-1939. According to the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics, about 483,000 Jews immigrated to Palestine between 1919 and 1948."

MidEast Web - Population of Palestine

I'm saying every Jew and Arab in Mandate Palestine had the right to self-determination in 1948.
What's your problem with that?

Rosie:

Are you trying to apologize for ethnic cleansing when its committed by the "chosen people?"

In 1948 over 700,000 Arabs and others were uprooted from their homes, businesses and bank accounts when one third of the population of Mandate Palestine imposed a Jewish State by force of arms.

If 700,000 Jews had been displaced, you would have no problem blaming their tormentors, would you?

"Though Jewish migration from Middle Eastern and North African communities began in the late 19th century, and Jews began leaving some Arab countries in the 1930s and early 1940s, it did not become significant until the 1948 Arab-Israeli War.

"From the onset of the 1948 Arab–Israeli War until the early 1970s, 800,000–1,000,000 Jews left, fled, or were expelled from their homes in Arab countries; 260,000 of them reached Israel between 1948 and 1951 and amounted for 56% of the total immigration to the newly founded State of Israel.[2]

"600,000 Jews from Arab and Muslim countries had reached Israel by 1972.[3][4][5] By the Yom Kippur War of 1973, most of the Jewish communities throughout the Arab World, as well as Pakistan and Afghanistan, were practically non-existent."

All because Lord Balfour and Baron Rothschild decided on a "little, loyal Jewish Ulster" in 1918.
Do you see how the rich profit from divide and conquer?
Do you care??

I was one in 1948, Hoss.
Has it ever occurred to you that some big lies may have played a prominent part of your "education?"
Does this sound like the publication you read?

"Formerly My Weekly Reader, the Weekly Reader was a weekly newspaper for elementary school children. It was first published by the American Education Press of Columbus, Ohio, which had been founded by Charles Palmer Davis in 1902 to publish Current Events, a paper for secondary school children.[2] The first issue of My Weekly Reader appeared on September 21, 1928."

Weekly Reader - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I vaguely remember a similar weekly publication during my time in elementary school.
I don't remember reading any articles by Chomsky or Howard Zinn.

I was one in 1948, Hoss.
Does this sound like the publication you read?

"Formerly My Weekly Reader, the Weekly Reader was a weekly newspaper for elementary school children. It was first published by the American Education Press of Columbus, Ohio, which had been founded by Charles Palmer Davis in 1902 to publish Current Events, a paper for secondary school children.[2] The first issue of My Weekly Reader appeared on September 21, 1928."

Weekly Reader - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I vaguely remember a similar weekly publication during my time in elementary school.
I don't remember reading any articles by Chomsky or Howard Zinn.
Weekly Reader was not a propaganda paper and published known facts.

Rosie:

They were.

It should be clear to all with even a passing interest in the conflict that the Arab "refugees" are nothing but a pawn of the region's powers, each using them for their own nefarious purposes.
The region's various monarchies and dictatorships, the self-serving UNRWA and even 64 years of lame "Palestinian" leadership have turned generation after generation of these hapless "refugees" into little more than grist for their mills.
Even some posters here who exhort them to "just hang in there" are guilty of the same crime against humanity as the aforementioned parties.

PJ Media » Palestinian Refugees: Still Being Used as Pawns
I would support the Palestinian people if they would get off their lazy duffs and forcibly remove the criminals in their so called government. The UN should back them up. But then, the Un is the UM. Dead end there.

They did that but the US came in and put the criminals back in power in the West Bank.

I wonder if there were any jews living in today what some people call "palestine" to wit------the west bank and east jerusalem and Gaza? If there were------I wonder why they left those places. Maybe georgie knows

There were Jews living in all three of those places but were displaced during Israel's war. Otherwise they would probably still be living there.

Rosie:

What part did the Palestinians play in that exodus?

In 1948, the Arabs violently rejected UN 181- that would have given them a "Palestinian" state, and chose war INSTEAD.

That was their choice.

Any land that they conquered was ethnically cleansed of its Jews. Every last Jew was forcibly removed from Judea, Samaria, and Gaza- and half of Jerusalem. Subsequently, the Jews of Arab lands were forced to leave as well.

And the Arabs here? Those who remained, remained and became citizens of Israel with more rights and freedoms than their brethren in Arab countries. Those who fled, fled:

“The mass evacuation, prompted partly by fear, partly by order of Arab leaders, left the Arab quarter of Haifa a ghost city.... By withdrawing Arab workers their leaders hoped to paralyze Haifa."
- Time Magazine, May 3, 1948, page 25

"[The Arabs of Haifa] fled in spite of the fact that the Jewish authorities guaranteed their safety and rights as citizens of Israel."
- Monsignor George Hakim, Greek Catholic Bishop of Galilee, New York Herald Tribune, June 30, 1949

"Israelis argue that the Arab states encouraged the Palestinians to flee. And, in fact, Arabs still living in Israel recall being urged to evacuate Haifa by Arab military commanders who wanted to bomb the city."
- Newsweek, January 20, 1963

“The Arab states do not want to solve the refugee problem. They want to keep it as an open sore, as an affront to the United Nations, and as a weapon against Israel. Arab leaders do not give a damn whether Arab refugees live or die.”
- Ralph Galloway, Director of UNRWA, 1958

Even Muammar Qaddafi admitted it!

“It is a fact that Palestinians inhabited the land and owned farms and homes there until recently, fleeing in fear of violence at the hands of Jews after 1948 - violence that did not occur, but rumors of which led to a mass exodus. It is important to note that the Jews did not forcibly expel Palestinians…”

- International Herald Tribune (Jan. 22, 2009)

Jawad Al Bashiti, PA Arab journalist in Jordan, writing in Al-Ayyam, May 13, 2008

"Remind me of one real cause from all the factors that have caused the "Palestinian Catastrophe" [the establishment of Israel and the creation of refugee problem], and I will remind you that it still exists... The reasons for the Palestinian Catastrophe are the same reasons that have produced and are still producing our Catastrophes today.

"During the Little Catastrophe, meaning the Palestinian Catastrophe, the following happened: the first war between Arabs and Israel had started and the "Arab Salvation Army" came and told the Palestinians: 'We have come to you in order to liquidate the Zionists and their state. Leave your houses and villages, you will return to them in a few days safely. Leave them so we can fulfill our mission (destroy Israel) in the best way and so you won't be hurt.' It became clear already then, when it was too late, that the support of the Arab states (against Israel) was a big illusion. Arabs fought as if intending to cause the "Palestinian Catastrophe"

Mahmoud Al-Habbash, PA Journalist in PA-run daily Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, December 13, 2006

"...The leaders and the elites promised us at the beginning of the "Catastrophe" in 1948, that the duration of the exile will not be long, and that it will not last more than a few days or months, and afterwards the refugees will return to their homes, which most of them did not leave only until they put their trust in those 'Arkuvian' promises made by the leaders and the political elites. Afterwards, days passed, months, years and decades, and the promises were lost with the strain of the succession of events..." [Term "Arkuvian," is after Arkuv - a figure from Arab tradition - who was known for breaking his promises and for his lies."] "
Asmaa Jabir Balasimah, Woman who fled Israel in 1948, Al-Ayyam, May 16, 2006

"We heard sounds of explosions and of gunfire at the beginning of the summer in the year of the 'Catastrophe' [1948]. They told us: The Jews attacked our region and it is better to evacuate the village and return, after the battle is over. And indeed there were among us [who fled Israel] those who left a fire burning under the pot, those who left their flock [of sheep] and those who left their money and gold behind, based on the assumption that we would return after a few hours."
Son of man who fled in 1948, PA TV 1999

An Arab viewer called Palestinian Authority TV and quoted his father, saying that in 1948 the Arab District Officer ordered all Arabs to leave Palestine or be labeled traitors. In response, Arab MK Ibrahim Sarsur, then Head of the Islamic Movement in Israel, cursed those leaders, thus acknowledging Israel's historical record.

"Mr. Ibrahim [Sarsur]. I address you as a Muslim. My father and grandfather told me that during the "Catastrophe" [in 1948], our district officer issued an order that whoever stays in Palestine and in Majdel [near Ashkelon - Southern Israel] is a traitor, he is a traitor."

Response from Ibrahim Sarsur, now MK, then Head of the Islamic Movement in Israel:
"The one who gave the order forbidding them to stay there bears guilt for this, in this life and the Afterlife throughout history until Resurrection Day."

Fuad Abu Higla, senior PA journalist, Al-Hayat Al-Jadidah, March 19, 2001

Abu Higla, then a regular columnist in the official PA daily Al Hayat Al Jadida, wrote an article before an Arab Summit, which criticized the Arab leaders. One of the failures he cited, in the name of a prisoner, was that an earlier generation of Arab leaders "forced" them to leave Israel in 1948, again placing the blame for the flight on the Arab leaders.

"I have received a letter from a prisoner in Acre prison, to the Arab summit:

To the [Arab and Muslim] Kings and Presidents, poverty is killing us, the symptoms are exhausting us and the souls are leaving our body, yet you are still searching for the way to provide aid, like one who is looking for a needle in a haystack or like the armies of your predecessors in the year of 1948, who forced us to leave [Israel], on the pretext of clearing the battlefields of civilians...

Want more? Just ask.

Israel took in its victims of Arab aggression long ago. It's time for the Arabs to take in their own victims of Arab aggression- once and for all.

Feel free to look up the quotes yourself- including the International Herald Tribune (Jan. 22, 2009).

I'm not yet allowed to give URLs, but will be happy to once they allow it.

And I wasn't aware that Al-Hayat Al-Jadidah, Al-Ayyam, and PA TV are "Israeli propaganda sites".

I wonder if there were any jews living in today what some people call "palestine" to wit------the west bank and east jerusalem and Gaza? If there were------I wonder why they left those places. Maybe georgie knows

There were Jews living in all three of those places but were displaced during Israel's war. Otherwise they would probably still be living there.

By "Israel's war" do you by chance refer to the civil war (Nov 1947-May 1948) between the Mandate's Arabs and Jews or the regional war (May 1947-July 1949) which included the militaries of multiple Arab countries? :D

on the one hand

the nakba is a true description of what happened to the pals in 1948

all klepto-zionist attempts to deflect and disguise that fact are truly sick making

as usual the best true historical accounts are by honest "new" israeli historians Benny Morris and Ilan Pappe

The right wing Israeli politicians wanted to make it a crime for arab israelis to hold any public commemorations of the nakba

and subject them to "loyalty tests" to jewish israel

or face deportation to the west bank....Liebermann especially, but Neten Yahoo blocked this....for now

what a sane israel would do is to make "naqba denial" a crime like holocausr denial !!

on the other hand

it is true that the pal refugees have been dreadfully abused by Arab governments in their host countries,

unlike the jewish refugees from arab lands who found ready homes in Israel and the west.

i have personally seen pal refugee camps in jordan. a breeding ground for terrorists

and having huge families many of them welfare dependent; some still are

Rosie is right there were tens of millions of displaced people after ww2...

many million germans all over eastern europe, of whom over a million died in the process of ethnic cleansing...is just one example

Last edited:

By "Israel's war" do you by chance refer to the civil war (Nov 1947-May 1948) between the Mandate's Arabs and Jews or the regional war (May 1947-July 1949) which included the militaries of multiple Arab countries? :D

First explain your civil war theory.

Forum List

Back