Pawlenty's super-rich tax cuts

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
Under the terms of his recently revealed economic plan, Americans in the top 20% of earners would see their taxes cut by an average of $23,500, an 8.6 percentage point drop in their tax rate, according to an analysis by the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center.

And the top 1% would get an annual average reduction of $261,000, a 14.8 percentage point drop.

Meanwhile, Americans in the lowest 20% of income would see their taxes drop by an average of only $23, a 0.2 percentage point change in their tax rate.

Put another way, Americans who earn between $40,000 and $50,000 a year will see their after-tax income increase by 1.7%, while Americans who earn more than $1 million will see a 24.1% bump.

Wow....just wow. Did this guy miss math or economics or both?

Pawlenty's super-rich tax cuts - Jun. 17, 2011

And the lowest 20% pay how much in taxes.. and how many of them pay no federal income taxes at all??

I would have to take time to look at the whole thing, which I don't have right this minute... but I do suspect that this is probably blown a bit out of proportion

How many times do you have to be shown that tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans do not create jobs?

Under the terms of his recently revealed economic plan, Americans in the top 20% of earners would see their taxes cut by an average of $23,500, an 8.6 percentage point drop in their tax rate, according to an analysis by the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center.

And the top 1% would get an annual average reduction of $261,000, a 14.8 percentage point drop.

Meanwhile, Americans in the lowest 20% of income would see their taxes drop by an average of only $23, a 0.2 percentage point change in their tax rate.

Put another way, Americans who earn between $40,000 and $50,000 a year will see their after-tax income increase by 1.7%, while Americans who earn more than $1 million will see a 24.1% bump.

Not surprising. I've had people on here state that the poor should pay the largest percentage of taxes while the rich should pay the least.

I don't think even the dumbest of voters will buy into Failenty's plan.

How many times do you have to be shown that tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans do not create jobs?

Well Evidently tax cuts for the bottom 40% don't create Job's either guess that was unexpected huh?

And the lowest 20% pay how much in taxes.. and how many of them pay no federal income taxes at all??

I would have to take time to look at the whole thing, which I don't have right this minute... but I do suspect that this is probably blown a bit out of proportion

Well, I made 17,400 last year, and I ended up paying 435 in taxes.

Oh yeah........my taxes went up about 30 bucks a month, thanks to the government.

Not surprising. I've had people on here state that the poor should pay the largest percentage of taxes while the rich should pay the least.

Link?

Well Evidently tax cuts for the bottom 40% don't create Job's either guess that was unexpected huh?

Hey stupid.......we've tried that failed experiment of Jr's for 10 years now.

Guess what? The tax cuts STILL haven't worked.

Hey Stupid which part of what I just said did you fail to understand.

Ya Fail

The story doesn't mention doing away we deductions which I believe are part of the plan.
Hell the story doesn't even link to the actual plan from what I could tell.
This is similar to the Simpson/Bowles plan.
When you do away with the deductions you get an increase in revenue.

Ya Fail

Well.....you stated that tax cuts for the poor don't create jobs, but........they actually do.

For every dollar in tax cuts given to the upper rich, it generates about 1.03 for the economy.

For every dollar in tax cuts given to the poor? It generates 1.63 for the economy, resulting in more goods being sold, and more jobs being created.

Back at ya you cock smoking colon jouster.

Ya Fail

Well.....you stated that tax cuts for the poor don't create jobs, but........they actually do.

For every dollar in tax cuts given to the upper rich, it generates about 1.03 for the economy.

For every dollar in tax cuts given to the poor? It generates 1.63 for the economy, resulting in more goods being sold, and more jobs being created.

Still waiting for those Job's to show up Stupid......We've dumped trillions into tax cuts for the bottom 40% and Unemployment is still climbing....wanna try again princess

Ya Fail

Still waiting for those Job's to show up Stupid......We've dumped trillions into tax cuts for the bottom 40% and Unemployment is still climbing....wanna try again princess

Really? I live on my military pension earned while in the Navy after 20 years. I made 17,400 dollars last year and still had to pay in 435 and some change. Oh yeah......a couple of months back, the Navy told me that my taxes were going up roughly 30 bucks.

Where are those tax cuts for the lower 40 percent again? That's right.......they're being given to the uber wealthy so that they can ship more jobs overseas in pursuit of a bigger bottom line.

Try again asshole.

Really? I live on my military pension earned while in the Navy after 20 years. I made 17,400 dollars last year and still had to pay in 435 and some change. Oh yeah......a couple of months back, the Navy told me that my taxes were going up roughly 30 bucks.

Where are those tax cuts for the lower 40 percent again? That's right.......they're being given to the uber wealthy so that they can ship more jobs overseas in pursuit of a bigger bottom line.

Try again asshole.

Maybe then idiot you should adjust your deductions to what its supposed to be. Try again asswipe

This thread needs The Tax Fable:

Suppose that everyday 10 men go to PJ's for lunch. The bill for all ten comes to $100. If it were paid the way we pay our taxes, the first four men would pay nothing; the fifth would pay $1; the sixth would pay $3; the seventh $7; the eighth $12; the ninth $18. The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59. The 10 men ate lunch in the restaurant every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement until the owner threw them a curve.

"Since you are all such good customers," he said, "I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily meal by $20." Now lunch for the 10 would costs only $80. The first four are unaffected. They still eat for free. Can you figure out how to divvy up the $20 savings between the remaining six so that everyone gets his fair share?

The men realize that $20 divided by 6 is $3.33, but if they subtract that from everybody's share, then the fifth and the sixth man would end up being paid to eat their meal. The restaurant owner suggested that it would be only fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same amount that each paid and he started to work out the amounts each should pay.

And so the fifth man paid nothing, the sixth pitched in $2, the seventh paid $5, the eighth paid $9, the ninth paid $12, leaving the tenth man with a bill of $52 instead of $59. Outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings.

"I only got a dollar out of the $20," declared the sixth man pointing to the tenth, "and he got $7!"

"Yeah, that's right," exclaimed the fifth man. "I only saved a dollar, too. It's unfair that he got seven times more than me!"

"That's true," shouted the seventh man. "Why should he get $7 back when I got only $2? The wealthy get all the breaks."

"Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison. "We didn't get anything at all. The system exploits the poor."

The nine men surrounded the tenth man and beat him up. The next day he didn't show up for lunch, so the nine sat down and ate without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important: They were $52 short!

And that, boys and girls and college instructors, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up at the table anymore. There are lots of good restaurants in Switzerland and the Caribbean.

A Tax Fable

Don't believe it? Just take a look at New York City.

Pawlenty is a successful two-term Governor of a very blue state. He's obviously more successful at governing than your President.

Try again asshole.

Maybe then idiot you should adjust your deductions to what its supposed to be. Try again asswipe

Wouldn't make a difference ya colon jousting cock monkey, because I would have STILL had to pay in 435. GE made a lot of money this year, and they not only didn't pay taxes, but they got a 4.2 BILLION dollar refund.

The wealthy are getting tax cuts, and my taxes went up.

Yes it would if it had actually happened. We're too concerned about not raising taxes on the top 5% though...

New Topics

Forum List

Back