Pawlenty: If you can Google it, cut it

You rely on yourself a whole lot less than you think. It's government that builds the roads you drive on. Would you really want your kids in a car that was built without government safety regulations or eat food that hadn't been inspected? The list is endless in the ways government protects you and takes care of you. Our government is not some evil cabal made up of shadowy figures in backrooms who smoke cigars. This is what Republicans would have you believe.

Protects... not provides... and protects the populace as a whole, not individuals... the roads are not built for me, they are built for all to freely access EQUALLY... not for some...

The government is not inherently evil.. but much like many governments along the way, it is power hungry and over bloated...

I rely on myself more than I am reliant on any government service... unlike you and your ilk

that's not a correct reading of the role of government as described in the constitution. if government were not supposed to provide, why do you suppose there is a general welfare clause? why do you suppose that no where in the constitution does it say the role of government is not to provide for that general welfare? do you deny that when the populace is lifted up, it is in the general welfare of society?

what "ilk" is reliant on government services? i'd direct you, once again, to the fact that red states suck more from the federal system than blue states while blue states pay more than they get back.

that kind of shoots rightwingnut arguments about "libs" and the system in the proverbial butt...

General welfare OF THE UNITED STATES... AKA the UNION... not all individuals...

I do not support government handouts to states either... never have seen me argue that, jill

Oh... and all other rights are granted to the states and/or individuals specifically, that are not specifically granted to the federal govt.. see amendment 10

Protects... not provides... and protects the populace as a whole, not individuals... the roads are not built for me, they are built for all to freely access EQUALLY... not for some...

The government is not inherently evil.. but much like many governments along the way, it is power hungry and over bloated...

I rely on myself more than I am reliant on any government service... unlike you and your ilk

that's not a correct reading of the role of government as described in the constitution. if government were not supposed to provide, why do you suppose there is a general welfare clause? why do you suppose that no where in the constitution does it say the role of government is not to provide for that general welfare? do you deny that when the populace is lifted up, it is in the general welfare of society?

what "ilk" is reliant on government services? i'd direct you, once again, to the fact that red states suck more from the federal system than blue states while blue states pay more than they get back.

that kind of shoots rightwingnut arguments about "libs" and the system in the proverbial butt...

I do not support government handouts to states either... never have seen me argue that, jill

Oh... and all other rights are granted to the states and/or individuals specifically, that are not specifically granted to the federal govt.. see amendment 10

where does it say "the union"? where does it say "not all individuals"? seems to me the country is made up of individuals.

what's a handout? keeping someone from starving?

before social security, 50% of the elderly lived below the poverty line. that isn't a "handout". we all pay into that system.

"handouts" aren't the problem... corporate welfare and bloated military spending and intentionally cutting our income are the problems.

Oh... and all other rights are granted to the states and/or individuals specifically, that are not specifically granted to the federal govt.. see amendment 10.

Then see McCulloch v. Maryland (1819) and United States v. Darby Lumber Co (1941) to understand what it means – it doesn’t mean what you think.

where does it say "the union"? where does it say "not all individuals"? seems to me the country is made up of individuals.

before social security, 50% of the elderly lived below the poverty line. that isn't a "handout". we all pay into that system.

"handouts" aren't the problem... corporate welfare and bloated military spending and intentionally cutting our income are the problems.

can you link to that please?

The country is made up of cells, atoms, and specs too, Jill.. don't be silly

The united states IS the union, Jill.... and the united states is made of of the union of states, not the union of people... the states ratified it, not the individuals... take the statement in complete context, unlike most of the idiots on here who conveniently leave off "Of the United States"

Not ALL pay into that system that draw from it, Jill (SS)... also... you get less out than you put in, you would do better putting the same amount into a general savings account.... if the system were so great Jill, WHY THE HELL IS IT FORCED TO BE MANDATORY?? People would flock to it in droves, jill...

All handouts... corporate or individual are the problem jill... so is unaudited military spending.,. so is increased government expansion into areas where it is not supposed to be,....

Oh... and all other rights are granted to the states and/or individuals specifically, that are not specifically granted to the federal govt.. see amendment 10.

Then see McCulloch v. Maryland (1819) and United States v. Darby Lumber Co (1941) to understand what it means – it doesn’t mean what you think.

both examples of the government starting to grab more power for itself above what was dictated in the constitution

"We can start by applying what I call 'The Google Test.' If you can find a good or service on the Internet, then the federal government probably doesn't need to be doing it," Pawlenty said."
Whatta shame he forgot his...

I guess there's still time for him to apologize for consorting with ignorant White-Trash...if he wants his campaign to continue.

:eusa_whistle:

"We can start by applying what I call 'The Google Test.' If you can find a good or service on the Internet, then the federal government probably doesn't need to be doing it," Pawlenty said."
Whatta shame he forgot his...

I guess there's still time for him to apologize for consorting with ignorant White-Trash...if he wants his campaign to continue.

:eusa_whistle:

There's nothing wrong with consorting with ignorant white trash - as long as you don't take advice from them.

That proved to be a winning formula for Bill Clinton. :lol:

When I Google Pawlenty, his name comes up

Guess that proves we don't need him

Does anyone really wonder why the republicans fail so often given power?

"Why Conservatives Can't Govern" by Alan Wolfe

"Poor countries are poor not because they lack resources, but because they lack effective political institutions." Francis Fukuyama

"Americans may have elected a Republican president and Congress, but they are unlikely to go back to a world in which one illness can devastate their last years or one storm can destroy their lives. Because government is the one institution that allows us some control over our future, conservatism, which distrusts government so much, is best viewed as a natural counter to liberalism, which, if left unchecked, tends towards wasteful bureaucracy. Indeed, as the Bush administration fully proves, conservatism remains a force of opposition even when it purports to be a governance party. And so the best that can be hoped for is that American voters will do for conservatives what they are unable to do themselves: to vote them out of office." from link

It is truly astonishing that the Liberals who hate the Republicans more than anything on the planet see the Bush administration which increased spending, sought to centralize power, expanded social welfare and ran up debt with a policy of free spending as Conservative.

George W Bush was more liberal than any President of the previous 2 generations.

Because he was a Liberal Republican, though, Democrats cannot bring themselves to acknowledge that he is a Liberal and is exactly what they are.

It would be wise for the Republicans to shine a light on this. Bush was a regular liberal and Obama is a super Liberal. The execution of Obama's policies should be enough to show this. He has continued and expanded everything that Bush started from the wars to Obamacare.

If you liked Bush, you'll love Obama.

You mean like how Zero has failed?

The government may provide some services, but private enterprise can do them better.

Now, I know the thought of being independent and taking care of yourself terrifies you Liberals, but the more you do it, the easier it gets.

Precisely

It's the liberals who are taking care of conservatives. Conservatives just haven't figured it out yet. It's why they say things like, "Keep government out of Medicare". Because they have swallowed Republican swill and now they don't know fact from fantasy.

Can you please link to a quote of anybody who said this?

can you link to that please?

Elderly people with no income and no money. How do you think they lived? It's just common sense. Do you really need a "link" to "common sense"?

Precisely

It's the liberals who are taking care of conservatives. Conservatives just haven't figured it out yet. It's why they say things like, "Keep government out of Medicare". Because they have swallowed Republican swill and now they don't know fact from fantasy.

Can you please link to a quote of anybody who said this?

Is that a joke?

Medicare-keep-your-hands-off-my-medicare.jpg

egyptprotests-medicare.jpg

idiot.JPG

Forum List

Back