Pawlenty Drops Out

T-Paw had the trouble of being a 'green republican' as well as not casting a commanding presence. Romney=lite isn't going to cut it in this race. Face it, he cannot take over a room with his personality which you pretty much need to be elected president. I think the last one who couldn't do that was HW Bush, who won based more on his resume than anything else.

Not to mention he was the weaker of the two Minnesotan candidates despite having the more advantageous position of being a governor with an okay to good record to run on.

Bachmann just outshined him.

And just how many times do we need to learn that having a great ability to run one's mouth has NOTHING to do with being a good president.

Really? So you agree Barack Obama is a bad President.

T-Paw had the trouble of being a 'green republican' as well as not casting a commanding presence. Romney=lite isn't going to cut it in this race. Face it, he cannot take over a room with his personality which you pretty much need to be elected president. I think the last one who couldn't do that was HW Bush, who won based more on his resume than anything else.

Not to mention he was the weaker of the two Minnesotan candidates despite having the more advantageous position of being a governor with an okay to good record to run on.

Bachmann just outshined him.

And just how many times do we need to learn that having a great ability to run one's mouth has NOTHING to do with being a good president.
:::shoots a glance over towards the white house::::

Really? ;) Did you mean to showcase Homey the Pres while he's on vacation like that?

I don't answer questions that insult the President by title. Strange little quirk I have going. You drop 'homey', I'll answer.

Well, what do I know? I was predicting that Pawlenty would stay in after Ames just hours before he dropped out.

I still think that he had about the chances of Bachmann or Huntsman, and better than Cain, Paul, Gingrich or Santorum, but I guess he made a different valuation about the benefits of staying in the race. He also seems to have been actively running since sometime in 2009, so maybe he's just tired.

I don't think Bachmann will get the nomination, but given how badly the Community Organizer has screwed up the economy, the GOP could run the Cheney/C'Thulhu ticket and win at this point

I think Romney could lose. He's another free spender in the W, McCain mode. He contradicts himself which unlike when Democrats do it the liberal media will report. And the Left who preach tolerance will once again demonstrate they have none scaring people about a Mormon becoming President. He's getting it relatively light right now from the left and their military wing, the media, specifically because they want him nominated. They even try to help with the innuendo they are afraid most of him. Clearly they are not given how hard they are working to get him nominated.

Well, what do I know? I was predicting that Pawlenty would stay in after Ames just hours before he dropped out.

I still think that he had about the chances of Bachmann or Huntsman, and better than Cain, Paul, Gingrich or Santorum, but I guess he made a different valuation about the benefits of staying in the race. He also seems to have been actively running since sometime in 2009, so maybe he's just tired.

I agree. I didn't think he'd win but I didn't expect him to drop out this fast either. I'm guessing there was private polling he faced up to going into Iowa that the results confirmed. He also had the dumbest line in the debate I heard when he chastised Bachman for being a poor leader by not having stopped Obamacare. A member of the House? Please, what a moron.

If you run Bachman you will seal the history of just how insane this current republican party is and your sound defeat in the next election.

I don't think Bachmann will get the nomination, but given how badly the Community Organizer has screwed up the economy, the GOP could run the Cheney/C'Thulhu ticket and win at this point.

Why vote for the LESSER of two evils?
Meh, that joke is so old. I remember those campaign signs from 1992. Let's hear it for GenCon whackiness infecting college campuses.

What can I say, I'm a Lovecraft fan...

I still think it's funny.

Give Paul the nomination now and spare us the drama.

That is so precious. I get it though...I like Kucinich. (but I have realistic expectations)
I like Kucinich as well, he's one of the only Congressmen with the balls enough to talk impeachment of the President.

Buy yeah, I agree, we have to get behind a candidate that is already bought and paid for by the corporations. He have to support a candidate that will just be a puppet of the international bankers and that would be Rick Perry (D).

:::shoots a glance over towards the white house::::

Really? ;) Did you mean to showcase Homey the Pres while he's on vacation like that?

I don't answer questions that insult the President by title. Strange little quirk I have going. You drop 'homey', I'll answer.
Your non-statement and stated reasons already answered it. So don't worry.

Too much money and ego involved. Newt will have to be dragged out of the tent kicking and screaming all the way. Johnson will fade away, his campaign never cranked up.

Too much money and ego involved. Newt will have to be dragged out of the tent kicking and screaming all the way. Johnson will fade away, his campaign never cranked up.
Johnson? Who's Johnson?

Newt will probably do what he did the last few times. Hang in there till the point where he has to put up or shut up... and then shut up. He's never going to be president, and I think knows it. He's crossed over too many times since leaving the House.

It's still way too early - so I am not going to "endorse" any particular candidate at this point - but I can say this with certainly - Ron Paul will not get the nomination.

to bad, I think he should have discounted the strawpoll, pual always does well and goes now here, bachmann will fail later on in the primaries, on neutral ground...........I am sorry hes out.

This is too bad. Pawlenty is a superior candidate to the people who finished ahead - people had just heard about them for a longer time. He should have stayed in - the straw poll is just who has the money to bus more of their supporters in. Also, people want someone with "charisma", not someone with cool calm intelligence who can get the job done. Look what "charisma" has done for us since 2009 :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back