Paula Fredriksen: Paul was NOT a Trinitarian

Ancient lion

Thank your creator
Nov 22, 2010
"He’s living in a period where he’s not thinking in a Trinitarian manner. The idea of the Trinity hasn’t been conceived yet. His letters will have Jesus Christ in them; they will have God the Father in them; he will talk about the Spirit of God. Those are the textual origins that will be used to formulate the doctrine of the Trinity, but Paul’s not thinking in a Trinitarian way. "
This was the conclusion of Paula Fredriksen (early-church historian, the Aurelio Professor of Scripture emerita at Boston University).

Last edited:
"He’s living in a period where he’s not thinking in a Trinitarian manner. The idea of the Trinity hasn’t been conceived yet. His letters will have Jesus Christ in them; they will have God the Father in them; he will talk about the Spirit of God. Those are the textual origins that will be used to formulate the doctrine of the Trinity, but Paul’s not thinking in a Trinitarian way. "
This was the conclusion of Paula Fredriksen (early-church historian, the Aurelio Professor of Scripture emerita at Boston University).
'

yeah? so??? are you trying to make a point? From a practical
POV-----IT DON'T MAKE NO DIFFERENCE. Paul was MOSTLY a
moralist.

'

moralist.
It goes deeper than that. There are real issues surrounding the question of whether Paul's teachings are consistent with those of Jesus.

And, if you are interested in the truth at the root of Christianity, that deserves more thought than "it don't make no difference".

'

moralist.
It goes deeper than that. There are real issues surrounding the question of whether Paul's teachings are consistent with those of Jesus.

And, if you are interested in the truth at the root of Christianity, that deserves more thought than "it don't make no difference".

thanks for your "deep" insight, More... I was responding to the Islamic POV--
presented by Ancient Cat. . I have a long experience with the Islamic POV---
like more than 50 years of it. If you---(I assume as a Christian) have something
more to say about Paul and his philosophy and motivations----feel free to express
yourself. The Islamic POV regarding Christianity is "lets spit on it". I learned
about it in a mosque-----about 47 years ago. The speaker was a MUSLIM SCHOLAR. I do have some interest in the early development of Christianity-----a little

'

moralist.

like more than 50 years of it. If you---(I assume as a Christian) have something
more to say about Paul and his philosophy and motivations----feel free to express
yourself. The Islamic POV regarding Christianity is "lets spit on it". I learned
about it in a mosque-----about 47 years ago. The speaker was a MUSLIM SCHOLAR. I do have some interest in the early development of Christianity-----a little
I presume, then, that you are well aware of the reverence Islam has toward Jesus and the Bible, including the New Testament. They hold Jesus in seriously high regard.

Finding an individual who spews hate is not all that hard in this world - regardless of religion. In fact, perhaps BECAUSE of religion.

The treatment of Islam by the Christian world (including the hate spewed today) is something the Christian world loves to ignore when attempting to "prove" some sort of superiority.

I presume, then, that you are well aware of the reverence Islam has toward Jesus and the Bible, including the New Testament. They hold Jesus in seriously high regard.

Finding an individual who spews hate is not all that hard in this world - regardless of religion. In fact, perhaps BECAUSE of religion.

The treatment of Islam by the Christian world (including the hate spewed today) is something the Christian world loves to ignore when attempting to "prove" some sort of superiority.
That's why I think "ignore" button is most useful when it comes to trolls and extremists :2up:

'

moralist.

you kinda changed the subject. Of course I know the Islamic POV on Jesus and the stuff in the Koran------Your delusion that muslims hold "jesus" in high regard is kinda funny. The only "jesus" they hold in high regard is their own
perverted version of Jesus------to wit "Jesus---a muslim" who would slit your throat if your put a crucifix around your neck and LAUGHS at that silly "turn
the cheek" principle. The only turning the cheek muslim "jesus" does is----
twisting heads into position for throat slitting. (I learned it from muslims)

'

moralist.

you kinda changed the subject. Of course I know the Islamic POV on Jesus and the stuff in the Koran------Your delusion that muslims hold "jesus" in high regard is kinda funny. The only "jesus" they hold in high regard is their own
perverted version of Jesus------to wit "Jesus---a muslim" who would slit your throat if your put a crucifix around your neck and LAUGHS at that silly "turn
No, Islam sees Jesus as a prophet second only to Mohammed.

The primary difference is that, like Judaism, Muslims don't accept the notion of the trinity, so Jesus is not considered part of God in that manner.

'

moralist.

say what. My muslim neighbor sez the Bible has 44,000 contradictions.

'

moralist.

The primary difference is that, like Judaism, Muslims don't accept the notion of the trinity, so Jesus is not considered part of God in that manner.

what "no"? -----the Islamic version of Jesus is nothing like the Christian version of JESUS--------Your very childish response is lifted from some idiot KHUTBAH JUMAAT feces fling. Likely, you are a muslim. YOUR hero Jesus advocates raping Kaffirah women

'

moralist.

ya, Jesus will return and say he was a fake messiah when he returns with the mahdi he will convert the world to islam.
Islam is fake news. pull your head out and fly right.

'

moralist.

The primary difference is mohammed is still in the grave and Jesus is not.

Forum List

Back