Paula Broadwell vs Mrs Petraeus

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
95309893-paula-broadwell.jpg

hollypetraeus_wide-dd11483aebf851d5f2647caf8b7f9ee0604fd36c.jpg

So what is your point in comparing two women who are decades apart in age, some 20 plus years and a photo of Broadwell that is nearly 10 years old? One woman, Holly who stood by her husband through deployment after deployment, being mother, father, and alone for years and years at a time? Being a military spouse is not easy, moving every few years, losing friends, jobs, etc.

Hey man I don't know her true motivation, but some women see all those stars and their panties just fall off. They LOVE famous, powerful men.

Hey man I don't know her true motivation, but some women see all those stars and their panties just fall off. They LOVE famous, powerful men.

I wonder how Broadwell's husband and children feel?

Here is Broadwell and her husband:

article-2230782-15F1F3D9000005DC-9_634x450.jpg

Here is Petraeus and his wife before the scandal:

article-2230697-15F1762B000005DC-500_634x559.jpg

Here they are as highschool sweethearts:

article-2230697-15F17CDD000005DC-209_634x364.jpg

when I see petraeus with all those ribbons and medals he looks like a freaking cartoon character.
Freaking lifers

now all he is, is a dumbass 2nd Lt.

I wonder who Paula Broadwell was sending harassing emails to which caused the FBI to investigate her?

WASHINGTON — The FBI investigation that led to the resignation of David H. Petraeus as CIA director Friday began with a complaint several months ago about ‘‘harassing’’ emails sent by Paula Broadwell, Petraeus’ biographer, to an unidentified third person, a government official briefed on the case said Saturday.

FBI probe into biographer’s ‘harassing’ emails uncovered Petraeus affair - News - Boston.com

539-david-petraeus-paula-broadwell.jpg

Bunny boiler?

I think that picture of them as "highschool sweethearts" looks like a picture of Petreuas from his West Point days.

But to the point, this is a tragedy for all involved. They have no one to blame but themselves, but it still sad to see.

From what I understand, Broadwell is actually a pretty good writer, but you think any one will touch her again?

And Petreuas, love him or hate him, has given this country 40 years of service.

when I see petraeus with all those ribbons and medals he looks like a freaking cartoon character.
Freaking lifers

He retired as a 4 star. He doesn't lose that. The highest permanent rank is 2 Star, 3 and 4 star have to retire from their congressional approved post with in 90 days of losing it or they revert to 2 star.

Bad situation all around.

He was attracted to a younger female body and she was attraced to a strong father figure.

His wife and her husband are the victims.

During my military officer career, I knew where to draw the line with officer women and anyone that was enlisted being their "buddy" nevermind being in some relationship with an officer woman. I trained female Lts and Captains when I was an instructor/evaluator and I could've easily dated some of them....but I was married and knew better.

Petreaus screwed the pooch big time, but now he has to make up for it by telling the truth about Libya.

Last edited:
I think that picture of them as "highschool sweethearts" looks like a picture of Petreuas from his West Point days.

But to the point, this is a tragedy for all involved. They have no one to blame but themselves, but it still sad to see.

From what I understand, Broadwell is actually a pretty good writer, but you think any one will touch her again?

It is a picture of Petreuas from his West Point days and his current wife Holly. He married Holly Knowlton (now Holly Petreuas), the daughter of Army General William A. Knowlton, the superintendient/commandant of West Point at the time.

And she gave him 40 years of her life, they have been married for his entire military carreer, nearly 40 years. It takes a lot to be a military spouse.

Last edited:

was this an intentional or accidental pun?

Freaking lifers

He retired as a 4 star. He doesn't lose that. The highest permanent rank is 2 Star, 3 and 4 star have to retire from their congressional approved post with in 90 days of losing it or they revert to 2 star.

I was just being sarcastic. I served during vietnam and still have a little bit of chip on my shoulder over it, even though I'm a conservative.

Petreuas is a true American hero. It looks like he got set up.

So they had sex.

So what?

It's between them and their spouses as far as I'm concerned.

So they had sex.

So what?

It does not seem like 'so what' to you Chris. You post pictures to compare the spouse who is 60 years old to a photo of a woman taken at the age of 30. Why? To make Holly seem old and ugly or to make fun of her? Or perhaps to have given 'good' reason for this 60 year old man to cheat on the woman he was married to for nearly 40 years?

I wonder what Broadwell will look like at 60 years of age?

CaféAuLait;6320433 said:
So they had sex.

So what?

It does not seem like 'so what' to you Chris. You post pictures to compare the spouse who is 60 years old to a photo of a woman taken at the age of 30. Why? To make Holly seem old and ugly or to make fun of her? Or perhaps to have given 'good' reason for this 60 year old man to cheat on the woman he was married to for nearly 40 years?

I wonder what Broadwell will look like at 60 years of age?

Indeed, Chris has problems with concepts such as honor, loyalty, faithfulness, etc. He's a typical lib whackaloon who doesn't think anybody should be responsible for anything...unless they're conservative of course...then they're responsible for every tiny little thing they do.

Forum List

Back