Paul supporters, what are you going to do....

I think Paul could possible win the NH primary. I think even with that, he won't have enough momentum to win the primary. I don't think he'll win any Southern State. He definitely won't win Texas now.

I can't disagree. The Republican establishment has yet to train their heavy guns on Paul, which they will certainly do if he begins to build any real momentum. I simply can't imagine them handing over control to someone who's basically against everything they stand for (... and I'm talking about what they really stand for, not their rhetoric).

Holy hell..........

You do realize how the primary process works, right? Were we talking about the general, you would have a good point. As it stands, Ron Paul is going to try and convince people who are "blinded by silly little labels like a (R) and a (D)", specifically the (R) label why he should be the person to represent that label.

I agree that Paul won't deviate from his message. He's honest like that. That's what is going to tube him with all those silly people who care about the (R) label.

Crying about the sillyness of party politics while your chosen candidate is in the middle of the most important aspect of party politics in our country is pretty silly.

This is why I suspect you will be very confused in April of 2012 (if Paul even has a strong showing that late into the process).

You are beginning to rant and jumping all over the place.

Why would I be confused? I have my reservation about Paul winning. I know that many Americans get turned off by the message of liberty, peace, prosperity.

p.s....I don't know how that little angry guy got up there. I must have press a button by accident. I am not angry. I am tired.

No worries. I don't pay attention to emoticons.

My point is that I think Paul is going to have a hard time winning the GOP nomination.

You disagree. Fine. That's not really the point of the thread. Hypothetically, say he loses the primary.

What then? Go for the LP nomination?

However, he's got real problems with his foreign policy stance when it comes to the GOP, which is now extremely hawkish. ...

I can almost see that worm turning. Paul isn't a pacifist. He's opposed to nation-building meddling in the affairs of every other nation on the planet. But I don't believe he would hesitate to annihilate any nation that posed a genuine threat to us. He supported the initial attacks on Afghanistan when the Taliban refused to hand over bin Laden.

His foreign policy views are essentially conservative in nature and might have more appeal with mainstream republicans than most people are assuming. The neo-cons were always a minority in the party, even when they managed to take the reigns. And any serious consideration limiting government and reducing debt demands a different approach to foreign policy.

I guess we will see. I have a hard time believing that the lone GOP vote against Iraq and someone who thinks we should stay the hell out of the middle east and Iran would win over the base. Especially when part of the GOP line is going to be trying to be as hawkish as possible on Iraq as a foil to Obama.

I agree with your last sentence. That might resonate, the whole "we can't afford this shit" line (which is true).

He has good ideas and belives in the Constitution same as I do…

Everyone ‘believes’ in the Constitution, the question is do either of you understand it. We know Paul doesn’t.
You think there is any chance the LP will run him anyways?

No. That would guarantee an Obama re-election.
First of all Ron Paul is the most conservative on the platform. Just because other GOP candidates no longer follow the true conservative ideology does not mean anything.

Actually it means a great deal, given the fact the failed economic policy component of that ideology brought about a near economic collapse.
I think the difference now is that Ron Paul's message is being heard loud and clear. A message of returning to Constitutional government at this time rings true to most who are seeing our personal liberty's dissolve.

This makes no sense. We are currently functioning under a ‘Constitutional government,’ there is nothing to ‘return to.’ And personal liberties are more realized today then any point in American history, in spite of conservatives’ efforts to the contrary.

What evidence or case law do you have to support your statement, since it’s clearly wrong.

Ron Paul is doing great at carrying his message of liberty, limited government, and looking at the Fed, and changing our foreign policy. More and more people are listening and likening it from all walks of life.

Please cite in the Constitution or its case law where the concept of ‘limited government’ is mentioned; where in the Constitution does it mandate the size of government.

It is a shame that citizens rather focus on the little (R)s and (D)s rather than messages.

True, it is.

Otherwise, the OP's premise is correct.

I think Paul could possible win the NH primary. I think even with that, he won't have enough momentum to win the primary. I don't think he'll win any Southern State. He definitely won't win Texas now.

I can't disagree. The Republican establishment has yet to train their heavy guns on Paul, which they will certainly do if he begins to build any real momentum. I simply can't imagine them handing over control to someone who's basically against everything they stand for (... and I'm talking about what they really stand for, not their rhetoric).

Yeah. They are going to drop the scunyon on him, and it's going to be bad. The establishment is going to nuke him.

IF Paul doesn't make it or one of the TEA PARTY candidates isn't on the ballot I will vote for ANYONE the Republicans run to get rid of the a**hole currently in the oval office. A F'in moron could do a better job and I will vote for a F'n moron if I have to as long as he or she isn't a F'n moron named obama.

IF Paul doesn't make it or one of the TEA PARTY candidates isn't on the ballot I will vote for ANYONE the Republicans run to get rid of the a**hole currently in the oval office. A F'in moron could do a better job and I will vote for a F'n moron if I have to as long as he or she isn't a F'n moron named obama.

You know, you can say "fucking" here.

What about if Paul jumped over to the LP ticket, would you still vote for him or support the GOP candidate?

Unless someone better or "very good" comes along I'll do a write in or vote for him... What else would I/we do? Turn on him, LOL?

Unless someone better or "very good" comes along I'll do a write in or vote for him... What else would I/we do? Turn on him, LOL?

Fair enough. I actually hope he jumps on the LP ticket. Not for nefarious reasons (split the conservative vote). I just find it annoying how the GOP strings along the Paul camp for their own convenience.

when the GOP tosses your boy under the bus again? Because you, me, and everybody else knows it's going to happen. There is simply no way in hell that an isolationist who wants to dismantle the FED is ever going to be given the keys to the GOP kingdom. We all know it.

My question is, as this is Paul's last hurrah, why do you guys even try to find a home in the GOP? Why not just run as a Libertarian. In this election cycle, that might actually work, as people are pissed at both parties. Even if not the case, why keep doing the same thing and expecting different results? From what I can tell of the Paul supporters, they aren't exactly in the bag for the GOP machine either. I mean, they stole your Tea Party idea. No you would think that Michelle Bachman came up with the idea.

Frankly, I just don't get it. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

Congrats on the second place finish behind Bachmann in Iowa. I do respect the groundswell that Paul carries with him.

However, we all know where this is heading.

What I don't get is why leftists who proclaim to desperately want to end the unconstitutional wars not support Ron Paul. Why don't you?

Where is the anti-war left!?!?!?!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQOAn4F4lNo]Washington D.C. Anti-War Rally 1/27/07 - YouTube[/ame]

when the GOP tosses your boy under the bus again? Because you, me, and everybody else knows it's going to happen. There is simply no way in hell that an isolationist who wants to dismantle the FED is ever going to be given the keys to the GOP kingdom. We all know it.

My question is, as this is Paul's last hurrah, why do you guys even try to find a home in the GOP? Why not just run as a Libertarian. In this election cycle, that might actually work, as people are pissed at both parties. Even if not the case, why keep doing the same thing and expecting different results? From what I can tell of the Paul supporters, they aren't exactly in the bag for the GOP machine either. I mean, they stole your Tea Party idea. No you would think that Michelle Bachman came up with the idea.

Congrats on the second place finish behind Bachmann in Iowa. I do respect the groundswell that Paul carries with him.

What I don't get is why leftists who proclaim to desperately want to end the unconstitutional wars not support Ron Paul. Why don't you?

I really like 30% of what Paul says and abhor about 70% of what he says.

I think his idea to do away with the FED is just goofy (and disastrous) and I don't support his stance on abortion or healthcare.

On a personal note, I find his views on evolution and HIV to be straight up insulting to the intelligence of any rational person. I find it further baffling that someone who has an M.D. would think that way.

Admittedly, those aren't policy issues (well, HIV could be).

I think our best hope is the Libertarian angle. That won't produce a presidential victory, but it just might just give the party some sustainable momentum, and position it as an attractive alternative for disaffected voters from both the left and the right.

The libs won't get many from the left since the Libs pretty much worship large corporations. And have a goal of turning them loose on us with vertually no restrictions.

Paul is doing fantastic. He just came out of Iowa in a close second all while handing Sanatorium his ass over foreign policy.

Paul's message of liberty, limited government, looking at the Fed, and changing our foreign policy is catching on as people slowly awake from their slumber.

As a black man, I am interested in his thoughts on segrated businesses. This is fucking 2011, not 1967.

Fuck him.

I really like 30% of what Paul says and abhor about 70% of what he says.

I think his idea to do away with the FED is just goofy (and disastrous) and I don't support his stance on abortion or healthcare.

On a personal note, I find his views on evolution and HIV to be straight up insulting to the intelligence of any rational person. I find it further baffling that someone who has an M.D. would think that way.

Admittedly, those aren't policy issues (well, HIV could be).

Everything is a policy issue if he became president. Oh dear god, imagine him as president! :evil:

Fair enough. I actually hope he jumps on the LP ticket. Not for nefarious reasons (split the conservative vote). I just find it annoying how the GOP strings along the Paul camp for their own convenience.

Paul might win this round so the joke is on the GOP... Not to mention Paul has massive support and it will grow to be HUGE by then end, even if the GOP fucks Paul and he does not get the nom... The point is, the GOP will lose millions of voters by "stringing the Paul voters on." People that follow Paul do so mainly because he talks the talk and walks the walk, it's kind of hard to vote Republican or Democrat when you find someone you don't think is just using you.

I'm not saying Paul will win, just he has a good enough chance to where I don't feel foolish to think he has a chance.

Forum List

Back