Paul supporters, what are you going to do....

Remains to be seen. What are you a Gypsy fortune teller? Yeah he came in #2 in Iowa. It's early and there are 49 other States to go...your thread is meaningless at this point in time.

Aren't you one of those "conservatives" that loathes Paul?

There is a small, but dedicated cadre of you. I can't keep you all straight.

As for a fortune tell, you don't have to be Kreskin to see what's going to happen with the Paul Campaign.

Time will tell if all the money he spent to lose to Bachmann in Iowa was well spent. He might pick up a VP nod.

He'll never win the primary.

And you know it.

First of all Ron Paul is the most conservative on the platform. Just because other GOP candidates no longer follow the true conservative ideology does not mean anything.

Bachman is from Iowa and spent more time campaigning there and more money to do so, yet won by only 152 votes.

Everything Ron Paul believes in is Constitutionally based. Have you forgotten that that document is the very foundation for our Government?

Is it the document you disagree with? Or are you just against its messenger? An American opposed to the U.S. Constitution is scary indeed.

Okay, Paul is the most conservative and the GOP has lost his way. He still has to convince the GOP that he is they have lose their way. His foreign policy stance and his drug stance alone will cost him the primary. Do you honestly think that, after 8 years of supporting Bush's foreign policy, GOP voters are going to essentially say: "Whoops! We goofed!".

No chance. They are going to repeat the same mantra: "Iraq was vital to our security. We went over their to keep them from coming here."

He made a nice showing in Ames. Ames isn't exactly indicative of winning the primary. It is good for weeding some people out (adios, Newt).

The rest of your argument is off topic. Needless to say, we aren't going to solve our disagreements on the constitution on this thread. It goes without saying that you (or Paul) doesn't have fiat power on the matter.

I am more interested in why you guys think it's going to be any different this time around and what the hell you are going to do when it is not.

when the GOP tosses your boy under the bus again? Because you, me, and everybody else knows it's going to happen. There is simply no way in hell that an isolationist who wants to dismantle the FED is ever going to be given the keys to the GOP kingdom. We all know it.

My question is, as this is Paul's last hurrah, why do you guys even try to find a home in the GOP? Why not just run as a Libertarian. In this election cycle, that might actually work, as people are pissed at both parties. Even if not the case, why keep doing the same thing and expecting different results? From what I can tell of the Paul supporters, they aren't exactly in the bag for the GOP machine either. I mean, they stole your Tea Party idea. No you would think that Michelle Bachman came up with the idea.

Frankly, I just don't get it. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

Congrats on the second place finish behind Bachmann in Iowa. I do respect the groundswell that Paul carries with him.

However, we all know where this is heading.

the gop will put him to sleep, just as the dems tried to put Nader to sleep, though at least nader did have an effect and ran on his own ticket.

they both kill anything in the womb as fast and hard as they can to protect themselves and keep the country one the 2 party hook..... and both have screwed up, nader and perot, both arguably cost them elections.

same here. as to why he won't run as an indy, who knows, I have asked myself that question too...has Paul ever said?

Oh, I wrote in Paul in 08......the best of the worst.

heaven help me and maybe 'us' if I have to do that again this time round.

If a lot of moderates like myself vote in the republican primary, I think he stands a decent chance of winning the nomination. He'll need to do well early though, and pick up momentum as he goes, like Obama did. A lot of people, including me, didn't give him much of a chance early on either.

That would require Paul to garner a sufficient amount of moderate support in the primary and cause people who generally wait for the general to become involved in the primary elections. I have a hard time seeing that happening, though if it does he'll have the general locked up.

I think he's the only republican that can beat Obama in the general. The rest is a crop of losers that will get shredded.

You might be right about that. I just don't think the GOP will admit it. I mean, everyone could see that McCain was a losing bet. He still won the primary.

GOP voters are famous for falling in line and picking the establishment pick. The interesting thing about this go around is that there isn't really an establishment pick. That being said, Paul is too divisive on foreign policy. I think he'll have a hard time picking up a single state, let alone the whole shooting match.

That would require Paul to garner a sufficient amount of moderate support in the primary and cause people who generally wait for the general to become involved in the primary elections. I have a hard time seeing that happening, though if it does he'll have the general locked up.

I think he's the only republican that can beat Obama in the general. The rest is a crop of losers that will get shredded.

You might be right about that. I just don't think the GOP will admit it. I mean, everyone could see that McCain was a losing bet. He still won the primary.

GOP voters are famous for falling in line and picking the establishment pick. The interesting thing about this go around is that there isn't really an establishment pick. That being said, Paul is too divisive on foreign policy. I think he'll have a hard time picking up a single state, let alone the whole shooting match.

GOP voters are famous for falling in line and picking the establishment pick

depending on what you call the 'establishment', I'd say thats true of both.

Paul is doing fantastic. He just came out of Iowa in a close second all while handing Sanatorium his ass over foreign policy.

Paul's message of liberty, limited government, looking at the Fed, and changing our foreign policy is catching on as people slowly awake from their slumber.

Yes. I've been hearing this for about a decade now.

Aren't you special. Most people did not hear Ron Paul's message a decade ago. Paul has gained serious momentum within the past couple of years as more and more people hear and understand his message.

The GOP heard it loud and clear in '08. It didn't matter.

It won't matter this time. Again, do you think Paul is going to convince a pack of Bush voters that the whole foreign policy they supported for 8 years was unconstitutional?

It's not going to happen.

So the question is, what then?

He has good ideas and belives in the Constitution same as I do...he's out there on other issues but what Candidate isn't?

Thanks for trying to make this of me...but it isn't. I'll go back to my own sandbox now. And don't bother trying to keep 'us' all straight? (It will clearly drive you mad, and you haven't the heart for it anyway). It is better to cross one bridge at a time rather than keep up with the catalogue of bridges.

Clear?

So you are a Paul hater? I do remember that correctly? Thanks. You are one of the people I am referring too that will do everything to tube his chances.
Don't insert words I never uttered shitface...it's unbecoming...even for YOU.

Are you going to play in this thread, or sit there and toss out your usual goofy pseudo-threats?

Remains to be seen. What are you a Gypsy fortune teller? Yeah he came in #2 in Iowa. It's early and there are 49 other States to go...your thread is meaningless at this point in time.

Aren't you one of those "conservatives" that loathes Paul?

There is a small, but dedicated cadre of you. I can't keep you all straight.

As for a fortune tell, you don't have to be Kreskin to see what's going to happen with the Paul Campaign.

Time will tell if all the money he spent to lose to Bachmann in Iowa was well spent. He might pick up a VP nod.

He'll never win the primary.

And you know it.
Dude, Pat fuckin' Robertson won the Ioway straw poll.

Ron Paul peeps aren't exactly the kind of folks who'd throw away 35 clams on a meaningless straw poll.

Don't get me wrong, I think Bachmann's win was meaningless.

I respect that Paul came in second. I think he did it the right way by having a great grassroots movement. I respect that.

It's not going to be enough to win the primary.

when the GOP tosses your boy under the bus again? Because you, me, and everybody else knows it's going to happen. There is simply no way in hell that an isolationist who wants to dismantle the FED is ever going to be given the keys to the GOP kingdom. We all know it.

My question is, as this is Paul's last hurrah, why do you guys even try to find a home in the GOP? Why not just run as a Libertarian. In this election cycle, that might actually work, as people are pissed at both parties. Even if not the case, why keep doing the same thing and expecting different results? From what I can tell of the Paul supporters, they aren't exactly in the bag for the GOP machine either. I mean, they stole your Tea Party idea. No you would think that Michelle Bachman came up with the idea.

Frankly, I just don't get it. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

Congrats on the second place finish behind Bachmann in Iowa. I do respect the groundswell that Paul carries with him.

However, we all know where this is heading.

the gop will put him to sleep, just as the dems tried to put Nader to sleep, though at least nader did have an effect and ran on his own ticket.

they both kill anything in the womb as fast and hard as they can to protect themselves and keep the country one the 2 party hook..... and both have screwed up, nader and perot, both arguably cost them elections.

same here. as to why he won't run as an indy, who knows, I have asked myself that question too...has Paul ever said?

Oh, I wrote in Paul in 08......the best of the worst.

heaven help me and maybe 'us' if I have to do that again this time round.

That's a good comparison, though I think Paul is much more of a candidate then Nadar.

Your post kind of goes to the heart of my OP. Do you think Paul will run on the LP ticket? I don't see why not, he's not going to run for re-election, so he doesn't have to worry about cheesing off his constituents.

GOP voters are famous for falling in line and picking the establishment pick

depending on what you call the 'establishment', I'd say thats true of both.

To an extent, just more so with the GOP. By rights, Hillary should have been the DEM nominee in '08.

The last time the GOP bucked the system was with Reagan, and Paul definitely doesn't have that kind of pull.

Last edited:
Yes. I've been hearing this for about a decade now.

Aren't you special. Most people did not hear Ron Paul's message a decade ago. Paul has gained serious momentum within the past couple of years as more and more people hear and understand his message.

It won't matter this time. Again, do you think Paul is going to convince a pack of Bush voters that the whole foreign policy they supported for 8 years was unconstitutional?

I think the difference now is that Ron Paul's message is being heard loud and clear. A message of returning to Constitutional government at this time rings true to most who are seeing our personal liberty's dissolve.

It's this message that will bring him votes from both sides of the aisle. His message is ringing true to the point that the other candidates are using some of his message for their own political gain, which we saw some of in the debate with Newt Gingrich calling for an audit of the Fed.

The media has always ignored Ron Paul, but now at least for the time being anyway they can't. If the media will only play fair and give him his props than all is possible in my opinion.

Again, do you think Paul is going to convince a pack of Bush voters that the whole foreign policy they supported for 8 years was unconstitutional?

Ron Paul is doing great at carrying his message of liberty, limited government, and looking at the Fed, and changing our foreign policy. More and more people are listening and likening it from all walks of life.

Paul is doing the right thing by focusing on carrying his message rather than worry about convincing former Bush supporters.

I think the difference now is that Ron Paul's message is being heard loud and clear. A message of returning to Constitutional government at this time rings true to most who are seeing our personal liberty's dissolve.

It's this message that will bring him votes from both sides of the aisle. His message is ringing true to the point that the other candidates are using some of his message for their own political gain, which we saw some of in the debate with Newt Gingrich calling for an audit of the Fed.

The media has always ignored Ron Paul, but now at least for the time being anyway they can't. If the media will only play fair and give him his props than all is possible in my opinion.

I agree that the GOP bastardizes Paul's message (How in the hell did Michelle Bachmann steal the Tea Party concept?) in part.

However, he's got real problems with his foreign policy stance when it comes to the GOP, which is now extremely hawkish. He's going to continue to get pounded on that, and he's going to have to try and win over voters who blank checked W.'s military adventurism.

He's also got problems with his legalization policy and social conservatives.

I don't think blaming the media is really that logical in the primaries. The GOP is generally distrustful of the "lamestream" media anyways.

Let me caveat this with the following statement: if I could pull a lever and make any GOP candidate the nominee; I'd pick Paul (liberal as I am) and here is why: I think congress and the courts will keep his social policies I disagree with in check. However, I actually agree with his stance on foreign policy and that is the area where the Presidency has morphed to have almost king like powers. I am really scared that any of these other boneheads will get us into a war in Iran and that will be another fucking disaster.

However, the Iran issue is going to also haunt Paul. The other GOP candidates are going to become more hawkish on the issue in the primary and Paul is going to have a hard time with his isolationist stance.

I think our best hope is the Libertarian angle. That won't produce a presidential victory, but it just might just give the party some sustainable momentum, and position it as an attractive alternative for disaffected voters from both the left and the right.

You're delusional. Libertarianism is just that, another "ism". Never trust anyone that says they stand on principle, it usually means, "that way I don't hAve to think". Like Marxism, the only way the philosophy will work is if there's a basic shift in human nature. What makes anyone think that paring down regulation to the levels the party wants wouldn't lead to the strong taking advantage of the weak? If you don't, that's ALSO a delusion.

Again, do you think Paul is going to convince a pack of Bush voters that the whole foreign policy they supported for 8 years was unconstitutional?

Ron Paul is doing great at carrying his message of liberty, limited government, and looking at the Fed, and changing our foreign policy. More and more people are listening and likening it from all walks of life.

Paul is doing the right thing by focusing on carrying his message rather than worry about convincing former Bush supporters.

Not if he wants to win the GOP primary. Which is why I am baffled that he ran on the GOP ticket.

The people that Paul is likely to win over, are not going to vote in the primary (they will in the general) - save for a few like Manifold. Even then, how will he bode in states with closed primaries?

I think Paul might gank a VP slot out of this. However, I think even that is a long shot.

Not if he wants to win the GOP primary. Which is why I am baffled that he ran on the GOP ticket.

The people that Paul is likely to win over, are not going to vote in the primary (they will in the general) - save for a few like Manifold. Even then, how will he bode in states with closed primaries?

I think Paul might gank a VP slot out of this. However, I think even that is a long shot.

You are baffled since you are blinded by silly little labels like a (R) and a (D).

Additionally, Ron Paul is doing the correct thing by running on the Republican Ticket. Switching over to the Libertarian Party would be a terrible idea. There are more hurdles to jump over as a third party and less coverage.

It is a shame that citizens rather focus on the little (R)s and (D)s rather than messages. Either way, Paul with sill be carrying the same message. He will not sway and jumping ship will not change his message.

You are baffled since you are blinded by silly little labels like a (R) and a (D).

Additionally, Ron Paul is doing the correct thing by running on the Republican Ticket. Switching over to the Libertarian Party would be a terrible idea. There are more hurdles to jump over as a third party and less coverage.

It is a shame that citizens rather focus on the little (R)s and (D)s rather than messages. Either way, Paul with sill be carrying the same message. He will not sway and jumping ship will not change his message.

Holy hell..........

You do realize how the primary process works, right? Were we talking about the general, you would have a good point. As it stands, Ron Paul is going to try and convince people who are "blinded by silly little labels like a (R) and a (D)", specifically the (R) label why he should be the person to represent that label.

I agree that Paul won't deviate from his message. He's honest like that. That's what is going to tube him with all those silly people who care about the (R) label.

Crying about the sillyness of party politics while your chosen candidate is in the middle of the most important aspect of party politics in our country is pretty silly.

This is why I suspect you will be very confused in April of 2012 (if Paul even has a strong showing that late into the process).

I think that's even less likely.

I think Paul could possible win the NH primary. I think even with that, he won't have enough momentum to win the primary. I don't think he'll win any Southern State. He definitely won't win Texas now.

However, he's got real problems with his foreign policy stance when it comes to the GOP, which is now extremely hawkish. ...

I can almost see that worm turning. Paul isn't a pacifist. He's opposed to nation-building meddling in the affairs of every other nation on the planet. But I don't believe he would hesitate to annihilate any nation that posed a genuine threat to us. He supported the initial attacks on Afghanistan when the Taliban refused to hand over bin Laden.

His foreign policy views are essentially conservative in nature and might have more appeal with mainstream republicans than most people are assuming. The neo-cons were always a minority in the party, even when they managed to take the reigns. And any serious consideration limiting government and reducing debt demands a different approach to foreign policy.

Holy hell..........

You do realize how the primary process works, right? Were we talking about the general, you would have a good point. As it stands, Ron Paul is going to try and convince people who are "blinded by silly little labels like a (R) and a (D)", specifically the (R) label why he should be the person to represent that label.

I agree that Paul won't deviate from his message. He's honest like that. That's what is going to tube him with all those silly people who care about the (R) label.

Crying about the sillyness of party politics while your chosen candidate is in the middle of the most important aspect of party politics in our country is pretty silly.

This is why I suspect you will be very confused in April of 2012 (if Paul even has a strong showing that late into the process).

You are beginning to rant and jumping all over the place.

Why would I be confused? I have my reservation about Paul winning. I know that many Americans get turned off by the message of liberty, peace, prosperity.

p.s....I don't know how that little angry guy got up there. I must have press a button by accident. I am not angry. I am tired.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back