Paul supporters, what are you going to do....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by geauxtohell, Aug 14, 2011.

1. geauxtohell

geauxtohell Choose your weapon.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    when the GOP tosses your boy under the bus again? Because you, me, and everybody else knows it's going to happen. There is simply no way in hell that an isolationist who wants to dismantle the FED is ever going to be given the keys to the GOP kingdom. We all know it.

My question is, as this is Paul's last hurrah, why do you guys even try to find a home in the GOP? Why not just run as a Libertarian. In this election cycle, that might actually work, as people are pissed at both parties. Even if not the case, why keep doing the same thing and expecting different results? From what I can tell of the Paul supporters, they aren't exactly in the bag for the GOP machine either. I mean, they stole your Tea Party idea. No you would think that Michelle Bachman came up with the idea.

Frankly, I just don't get it. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

Congrats on the second place finish behind Bachmann in Iowa. I do respect the groundswell that Paul carries with him.

However, we all know where this is heading.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    Remains to be seen. What are you a Gypsy fortune teller? Yeah he came in #2 in Iowa. It's early and there are 49 other States to go...your thread is meaningless at this point in time.

3. geauxtohell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    Aren't you one of those "conservatives" that loathes Paul?

There is a small, but dedicated cadre of you. I can't keep you all straight.

As for a fortune tell, you don't have to be Kreskin to see what's going to happen with the Paul Campaign.

Time will tell if all the money he spent to lose to Bachmann in Iowa was well spent. He might pick up a VP nod.

He'll never win the primary.

And you know it.

4. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,766
    I think our best hope is the Libertarian angle. That won't produce a presidential victory, but it just might just give the party some sustainable momentum, and position it as an attractive alternative for disaffected voters from both the left and the right.

5. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    He has good ideas and belives in the Constitution same as I do...he's out there on other issues but what Candidate isn't?

Thanks for trying to make this of me...but it isn't. I'll go back to my own sandbox now. And don't bother trying to keep 'us' all straight? (It will clearly drive you mad, and you haven't the heart for it anyway). It is better to cross one bridge at a time rather than keep up with the catalogue of bridges.

Clear?

6. geauxtohell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    You think there is any chance the LP will run him anyways? I was surprised they didn't nominate him anyway in '08, but I don't know how the party works.

7. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,766
    He made it clear he wouldn't accept in '08. I suspect they'd be all over it if he expressed any willingness.

The party's been in various states of flux, though I haven't followed it closely in the last decade or so. It's been off and on polluted with hipster Republicans (conservatives who want to seem 'edgy') and ideologues who seem to want the party to remain as small and exclusive as possible. There are definitely people there pushing for grown-up politics, but it's hard not to get dispirited. Paul could inject new energy into it, that's for sure.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  8. Auxous

Auxous BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Paul is doing fantastic. He just came out of Iowa in a close second all while handing Sanatorium his ass over foreign policy.

Paul's message of liberty, limited government, looking at the Fed, and changing our foreign policy is catching on as people slowly awake from their slumber.

9. geauxtohell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    So you are a Paul hater? I do remember that correctly? Thanks. You are one of the people I am referring too that will do everything to tube his chances.

10. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,660
    All I can do is vote for him, and that's exactly what I'm going to do.