Paul Shirley - Pissed About Haiti

NO ONE is saying that you Myophic OAF, and you know it.

He, along with alot of his colleagues, have the belief that if you dont help people the way they want you to, you must want them dead. They have yet to realize that people can help others without the government because they've been outsourcing their compassion to the government for decades.

"Dear Haitians," he wrote, "First of all, kudos on developing the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. Your commitment to human rights, infrastructure, and birth control should be applauded.

"As we prepare to assist you in this difficult time, a polite request: If it’s possible, could you not re-build your island home in the image of its predecessor? Could you not resort to the creation of flimsy shanty- and shack-towns? And could some of you maybe use a condom once in a while?"

Ass hole

Each American dollar roughly breaks down like this: 42 cents for disaster assistance, 33 cents for U.S. military aid, nine cents for food, nine cents to transport the food, five cents for paying Haitian survivors for recovery efforts, just less than one cent to the Haitian government, and about half a cent to the Dominican Republic.

AP: Haiti govt gets 1 penny of US quake aid dollar | APP.com | Asbury Park Press

NO ONE is saying that you Myophic OAF, and you know it.

He, along with alot of his colleagues, have the belief that if you dont help people the way they want you to, you must want them dead. They have yet to realize that people can help others without the government because they've been outsourcing their compassion to the government for decades.

That's because he's a Drynker...Drynks the Obama Kool-Aid. He cannot THINK as an individual. Probably a recipient (Ongoing of Governement Largess,and JOBLESS LOSER).

"Dear Haitians," he wrote, "First of all, kudos on developing the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. Your commitment to human rights, infrastructure, and birth control should be applauded.

"As we prepare to assist you in this difficult time, a polite request: If it’s possible, could you not re-build your island home in the image of its predecessor? Could you not resort to the creation of flimsy shanty- and shack-towns? And could some of you maybe use a condom once in a while?"

Ass hole
Your ability to interpret is astounding...NOT.

ASSHOLE

Ass hole
Your ability to interpret is astounding...NOT.

ASSHOLE

By all means...mocking one of the poorest nations in the world shows real class. Sure...why do you build such crappy houses? Can't you afford real American houses?

Asshole

Last edited:
By all means...mocking one of the poorest nations in the world shows reall class. Sure...why do you build such crappy houses? Can't you afford real American houses?

Asshole

I'm willing to bet the guy's never had to worry about a earthquake destroying his home and killing his family.

By all means...mocking one of the poorest nations in the world shows reall class. Sure...why do you build such crappy houses? Can't you afford real American houses?

Asshole

I'm willing to bet the guy's never had to worry about a earthquake destroying his home and killing his family.

DumbFuck to the END aren't you...Fuckin' Rube.

Asshole

DumbFuck to the END aren't you...Fuckin' Rube.

You are the DumbFuck mocking people because they live in poverty

Ass hole

Funny, arent you usually one of the ones telling people to use condoms?

Actually, we are having a discussion on whether all this aid is actually helping them in the long run. You see we dont want to just pretend to help them. We want them actually to be helped.

I love this letter. "use a condom every once in a while".

Educate them.

Actually, we are having a discussion on whether all this aid is actually helping them in the long run. You see we dont want to just pretend to help them. We want them actually to be helped.

On what planet is giving sound advice on how to escape poverty mocking someone?

If it’s possible, could you not re-build your island home in the image of its predecessor? Could you not resort to the creation of flimsy shanty- and shack-towns?

You think this is helpful advice? Do you think people live in hovels if they can afford to build better homes? Do you think it is a choice?

And could some of you maybe use a condom once in a while?" Do you think people in these countries breed too much? When you are too old to work, who takes care of you? Social Security? Savings?
In countries with extreme poverty, children are your social security. When you are old and infirm, it is your children who take care of you....not the government

Shirley is an asshole as are those who support his cruel and vicious comments

Last edited:
"I haven’t donated to the Haitian relief effort for the same reason that I don't give money to homeless men on the street," he wrote. "Based on past experiences, I don't think the guy with the sign that reads 'Need You're Help' is going to do anything constructive with the dollar I might give him. If I use history as my guide, I don't think the people of Haiti will do much with my money either."'

How big of him not to donate. How comfortable, to be able to make that decision, secure in your house watching television and passing judgement on all those inferior people who don't deserve aid because they (or at least their government) haven't been able to make a postive contribution to his wellbeing.

A traveller was walking along a beach when he saw a woman scooping up starfish off the sand and tossing them into the waves. Curious, he asked her what she was doing. The woman replied "When the tide goes out it leaves these starfish stranded on the beach. They will dry up and die before the tide comes back in, so I am throwing them back into the sea where they can live."

The traveller then asked her "But this beach is miles long and there are hundreds of stranded starfish, many will die before you reach them - do you really think throwing back a few starfish is really going to make a difference?"

The woman picked up a starfish and looked at it, then she threw it into the waves. "It makes a difference to this one" she said.

It isnt about letting them die, it's about trying to figure out if what we are doing is actually helping them.

What is the point of giving aid if it never gets to the people due to corruption? What's the point of giving aid if it cripples any chance for them to develop their economy by undervaluing their prices?

Does giving aid at some point destroy a persons incentive to work? Can you give so much aid that the effects are detrimental? I think you can. The question is at what point?

If your talking about the yearly millions we dish out on a regular basis to various nations as a welfare hand out, yes this is a legitimate position. If your talking about relief after an earthquake left 700,000 people homeless in sudden freak occurance that could warrant the need for aid to any nation much less the poorest in the western hemisphere... yeah no it's a moot point.

And YES pretty damn arrogant. These people are not begging for handouts, these people are digging their children out of collapsed schools houses. This is no longer about money or development, it's about humanity.

Granted, I believe the current foreign aid system is misconstructed. The World Bank adn IMF's policies have been structured to the point where many poor nations are being f-ed over both by the international "global government" and the rulers within their own nations and our aid is simply creating in most regards welfare states that depend totally and completely on our "foreign aid", and the system KEEPS them reliant on such foreign aid.

That has to be addressed, unfortunetly that's not going to be addressed by either the left or the right, because it takes full recognition of the whole of the problem in regards to poverty and that means the welfarist lefties and the "pull yourself up by your bootstraps and ignore the fact that your still being f-ed" crowd are both going to have to get the hell over themselves.

That being said... what IS absolutely arrogant is that this has nothing to do with the current situation where HUMAN BEINGS are suffering because of a natural occurance over which they have no control.

700,000 people homeless.

200,000 dead.

Over 1 million in danger of starvation and disease.

The infrastructure of whole major cities almost completely destroyed.

That's the issue here. Now where was this NBA star when the tsunami occured?

Right now NOBODY should be concerned about nation building. These people need food and clean water. That's it. That's really all we can do and hope for AT THIS POINT. When it comes down to nation building, this nation and others are going to seriously have to look at how we've been doing things not only in Haiti but in the third world as a whole and then this discussion will be profitable for something. Not now.

Atleast wait until they've finished clearing the 200,000 dead and rotting human carcasses off the streets.

Last edited:
The big thing a lot of people have missed. How many Haitians have the abiltiy to read this letter (on ESPN.com) in the first place? I'm going to guess, they have a few more important things to do. Do they even have the internet there?

-TSO

Forum List

Back