Paul Ryan's Response to Obama's Speech Yesterday

1982 was the Reagan Recession, the worst recession since the Great Depression, which came after the 1981 Reagan tax cuts. Starting at the end of 1982 Reagan raised taxes 8 times in 6 years which gave an improving economy until the Bush I recession. Again the GOP tries to take credit for Clinton's success by attributing it to St Ronnie, who screwed up everything he touched.

You just can't admit the fact of the Reagan legacy can you....?

It took a little time for the effect of the tax cuts to kick in....and Reagan was dealt with a spending congress....and Bush I said "read my lips..." but caved in to more taxes anyway...but despite the bumps the Reagan afterglow lasted till 1999...

If you still don't agree i'd like to see proof that it was Clinton's tax hike that charged up the economy...and paid off the deficit...

That is mentally handicapped nonsense. All we got from Reagan's policies were massive unprecedented peacetime deficits. Reagan made massive deficits politically acceptable. Reagan almost singlehandedly destroyed America's long held tradition of fiscal responsibility.

Not true...

The federal deficit fell from 6% of GDP in 1983 to 3.2% of GDP in 1987.[3] The federal deficit in Reagan's final budget fell to 2.9% of GDP.[2] The rate of growth in federal spending fell from 4% under Jimmy Carter to 2.5% under Ronald Reagan.

Reaganomics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah Ryan is a real gem.
All he's doing with his plan is taking programs that help the poor and elderly and cutting them and at the same time giving the savings to the wealthy and powerful.
In other words, the continuation of class warfare and the continuation of the growth of the wealth gap. He is Robin Hood to the monetary elite.
Plutocracy in action.

What is your solution?

Medicare is by far our biggest long term problem as costs are projected to completely spiral out of control

You hit the nail on the head with that comment, and that fact is why I am so opposed to Obama's health Care plan. The cost of which are sure to spiral out of control as well.

I was dumbfounded when Obama was selling that piece of crap bill, that more people did not talk about the attempt at socialized medicine we had all ready tried that was spiraling out of control.

It took a little time for the effect of the tax cuts to kick in....and Reagan was dealt with a spending congress....and Bush I said "read my lips..." but caved in to more taxes anyway...but despite the bumps the Reagan afterglow lasted till 1999...

If you still don't agree i'd like to see proof that it was Clinton's tax hike that charged up the economy...and paid off the deficit...

That is mentally handicapped nonsense. All we got from Reagan's policies were massive unprecedented peacetime deficits. Reagan made massive deficits politically acceptable. Reagan almost singlehandedly destroyed America's long held tradition of fiscal responsibility.

Not true...

The federal deficit fell from 6% of GDP in 1983 to 3.2% of GDP in 1987.[3] The federal deficit in Reagan's final budget fell to 2.9% of GDP.[2] The rate of growth in federal spending fell from 4% under Jimmy Carter to 2.5% under Ronald Reagan.

You almost make it sound like those are good things.

That is utter nonsense, while the size of the Deficits under Reagan were large, GDP growth was enough that his Deficits as a % of GDP actually were lower than Under Carter, and MUCH lower than under Obama.

You can not focus on just the size of the Deficit, you really need to know the % of GDP it is to get a real grip on just how dangerous it is. Were pushing 15% right now, and are projected to reach 90% in the near future.

I am not sure of the exact numbers but under Reagan it was less than 5% of GDP. So under Reagan the Deficit was less than 5% of the total out put of our economy each year, now under Obama they are over 15% of our total Out put and growing. If you can not wrap your head around that distinct and very important difference then I can not help you.

Not to mention that Reagan's original Plan included cutting spending, but between the Spending on the military, and battles with Democrats over domestic spending, He was never able to implement that side of the equation.

Last edited:

Not true...

So you think the Deficit as a % of GDP falling is a bad thing? Yep I was right, you are an idiot.

Not true...

Yes....Reagan grew the economy.....something we need badly today....

Now if you want to talk about national debt....that is another matter....
Reagan unfortunately borrowed and increased the debt as a strategy to deal with inflation but it was his greatest regret...

Last edited:
"Exploiting people's emotions of fear, envy, and anxiety is not hope, is not change, it is partisanship." You can tell in the video Ryan is truly pissed off and downright offended by Obama's antics.

All Republicans need to follow Ryan's lead and act that way - downright offended. Republicans on the Hill need to take justified offense at what the Democrats are claiming Republicans want to do. It's disingenuous and downright disgusting. This isn't about taking health care away from anyone, it's about fixing these programs now so that they don't swallow our debt in the future. As Ryan says, it's about saving these programs so that they can be maintained. Delaying action with rhetoric about killing Grandma and hating children is not a solution.

getting back to the topic, theres a difference between being partisan
: a firm adherent to a party, faction, cause, or person; especially : one exhibiting blind, prejudiced, and unreasoning allegiance

and being philosophically invested while acknowledging differences without the partisan appeal to emotionalism via using terms that are inflammatory, degrading and wild exaggerations.

It appears to me that ryans plan trys via his philosophical outlook to address the fiscal issues we face, you don't have to agree with it, but you should craft a reasonable response that is not partisan which major portions of Obama's speech was.

So the government would pass out billions of dollars of worth of vouchers to seniors for them to use ONLY on buying insurance in the private sector?

Isn't that a textbook case for skyrocketing insurance costs, based on skyrocketing demand?

Right....perhaps we should get govt. completely out of the medical business....just look at Medicare/Medicaid....Obama ain't helping.....both already going broke....costs already skyrocketing...it's obvious that government doesn't work....nobody will have health care when they go bust...

Ryan's plan at least helps to get things back into the private market where people might stand a chance...

Ryan's medical vouchers kinda remind me of school vouchers....kids stand a better chance when they get vouchers so they can buy a better education than they are getting in the failing government schools...

Last edited:
At least you agree the economy improved during Reagan's terms...that's a start....however regarding the 1982 recession....
Your own pull quote belies your claim and supports mine. The 1981 Reagan recession began BEFORE Volker's 1982 monetary policy change, and ended AFTER it, thanks to it. Reagan then tries to steal the credit.

Geezzz, only a CON$ervative could be gullible enough to read it and copy and paste it and still swallow that what came after CAUSED what came before!!!

Geezzz only a LIBtard is retarded enough to assume that the number 1982 label means that's when Volker made his monetary changes....it's called "the 1982" recession....even in paragraph two (if you got that far) it refers to "the 1982"....that's when the recession was at its worst (it officially ended Nov'82) and that's probably why it is labelled "the 1982".....altho the recession actually began in 1980...before Reagan was even elected....(Volker started his new policies in 1979)

The 1982 recession was the result of tightening monetary policies....not the Reagan tax cuts as you claim....things got bad in the process of breaking the back of inflation inherited from the Carter era but Reagan allowed Volker to do it because it was necessary....

Educate Yourself - Paul Volker - Part 2
You just make this crap up as needed. The 1981 Reagan Recession was never called "the 1982" recession, and the 1980 Carter recession was the shortest in history ending in July 1980 and was not the beginning of the 1981 Reagan Recession.

They don't call CON$ REVISIONISTS for nothing!!!!!!!

Now if you want to talk about national debt....that is another matter....
Reagan unfortunately borrowed and increased the debt as a strategy to deal with inflation but it was his greatest regret...
It was a strategy all Right!!!! But it had nothing to do with your REVISIONIST inflation crap!!!!! Even St Ronnie worshiper Stuttering LimpTard admits Ronaldus Magnus planned to bankrupt this great country so the government couldn't afford to help the American people. CON$ hate the people of America!!!

July 6, 2010
RUSH: It is said of Reagan -- I think it's true to a certain extent -- Reagan decided to starve the welfare state by creating deficits and spending

Yeah Ryan is a real gem.
All he's doing with his plan is taking programs that help the poor and elderly and cutting them and at the same time giving the savings to the wealthy and powerful.
In other words, the continuation of class warfare and the continuation of the growth of the wealth gap. He is Robin Hood to the monetary elite.
Plutocracy in action.

What is your solution?

I'd give the tax cuts to the middle class. When the middle class gets tax cuts they spend, when the wealthy get tax cuts they save.
Over two thirds of our economy is driven by consumer spending, in other words our economy is driven by the middle class. When our economy is humming tax receipts increase.
Also, as wealth has been increasing for the the top percentile, the working class has been losing wealth and has been living with flat wages for over thirty years.
I doubt very few who posts on these boards have in real terms seen their wealth grow. I would care to bet that most of those posting would not see their taxes go down under Ryan's plan.
So my solution is to give the middle class a tax cut and cut spending.
And then there's this:

How the rich pay no taxes

For the well-off, this could be the best tax day since the early 1930s: Top tax rates on ordinary income, dividends, estates, and gifts will remain at or near historically low levels for at least the next two years. That's thanks in part to legislation passed in December 2010 by the 111th Congress and signed by President Barack Obama.

"This is clearly far and away the most generous tax situation that's existed," says Gregory D. Singer, a national managing director of the wealth management group at AllianceBernstein (AB) in New York. "It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."

For the 400 U.S. taxpayers with the highest adjusted gross income, the effective federal income tax rate -- what they actually pay -- fell from almost 30 percent in 1995 to just under 17 percent in 2007, according to the IRS. And for the approximately 1.4 million people who make up the top 1 percent of taxpayers, the effective federal income tax rate dropped from 29 percent to 23 percent in 2008. It may seem too fantastic to be true, but the top 400 end up paying a lower rate than the next 1,399,600 or so.

How the rich pay no taxes- MSN Money

Tell me again why the wealthy should get that tax break?
Define "Middle Class". Where does it end and begin economically?

Do you define the rich as the "Wealthy"? You know, the ones who do not care about income tax because they technically earn no income but live off their investments? Or are you just going to go after the rich wage earners? How will you stop them from moving their wealth out of your legal range? Declare them traitors to the nation and seize their wealth and arrest them for abandoning their fiscal 'responsibility'?

Fascists always need fences to keep both their enemies out but mostly their captive populace in.

Fascists always need fences to keep both their enemies out but mostly their captive populace in.
And we all know it's the CON$ervoFascists who want to build a FENCE along the US border!!!!
Thank You!!! :lol:

Your own pull quote belies your claim and supports mine. The 1981 Reagan recession began BEFORE Volker's 1982 monetary policy change, and ended AFTER it, thanks to it. Reagan then tries to steal the credit.

Geezzz, only a CON$ervative could be gullible enough to read it and copy and paste it and still swallow that what came after CAUSED what came before!!!

Geezzz only a LIBtard is retarded enough to assume that the number 1982 label means that's when Volker made his monetary changes....it's called "the 1982" recession....even in paragraph two (if you got that far) it refers to "the 1982"....that's when the recession was at its worst (it officially ended Nov'82) and that's probably why it is labelled "the 1982".....altho the recession actually began in 1980...before Reagan was even elected....(Volker started his new policies in 1979)

The 1982 recession was the result of tightening monetary policies....not the Reagan tax cuts as you claim....things got bad in the process of breaking the back of inflation inherited from the Carter era but Reagan allowed Volker to do it because it was necessary....

You just make this crap up as needed. The 1981 Reagan Recession was never called "the 1982" recession, and the 1980 Carter recession was the shortest in history ending in July 1980 and was not the beginning of the 1981 Reagan Recession.

You just make up your revisionist crap about Reagan by twisting the facts....ask any unbiased reputable economist and he will tell you that the recession... or if you prefer, the various recessions between 1980-1982.....were mainly caused by changing monetary policy....

You just make up your revisionist crap about Reagan by twisting the facts....ask any unbiased reputable economist and he will tell you that the recession... or if you prefer, the various recessions between 1980-1982.....were mainly caused by changing monetary policy....
And of course, the only "unbiased reputable economists" are the CON$ervativly biased economists.

And while changing the money policy can cause recessions, the FED is not the only causal agent. The Reagan tax cuts also had an effect on inflation. Putting more cash in the hands of consumers gives you demand-pull inflation.

Demand-Pull Inflation Definition
Investopedia explains Demand-Pull Inflation
This type of inflation is a result of strong consumer demand. When many individuals are trying to purchase the same good, the price will inevitably increase. When this happens across the entire economy for all goods, it is known as demand-pull inflation.

And we all know it's the CON$ervoFascists who want to build a FENCE along the US border!!!!
Thank You!!! :lol:
Wow...

itrytoputon128389842783593750.jpg

Tell me. How many people are trying to escape from America? How often have you heard of people trying to flee from American Oppression? Running across the boarder to the sanctuary of Mexico and Canada being stopped and forcibly returned to their homes?

Wow... just wow. You've not a fucking clue.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back