Paul Ryan's Office Calls Cops On Jobless Protesters

I notice you ignored my questions. Is that because the answers are embarrassing after you claimed you make no generalizations?

Yes, I ignored your questions. They were irrelevant to the thread OP. Maybe you could ask your pets to jump through some hoops...

No need. We have you jumping on command.

[ But that was before his plan to end medicare came out.

He made no such plan. His plan is one to save medicare. Seems democrats don't want to save it.

Medicare is public health insurance that pays the medical bills of the nation's elderly. If Ryan were to get his way, Medicare would no longer exist. No one would ever be allowed to enroll in Medicare ever again.

Ryan would, however, offer the elderly an inadequate voucher (and yes, folks, Ryan himself has described it as a voucher) to try and buy a private health insurance plan. So that's something. No more Medicare, but grandma can try to find an Anthem plan, if she can afford it.

I notice you ignored my questions. Is that because the answers are embarrassing after you claimed you make no generalizations?

Yes, I ignored your questions. They were irrelevant to the thread OP. Maybe you could ask your pets to jump through some hoops...

You stated you were offended at a generalization. My questions are perfectly on track. You further claimed you do not generalize. So why afraid to tell us if that applies only to Conservatives generalizing or also to Liberals?

I mean did you complain when the Democratic House Speaker called the cops on elderly protesters and referred to them as Astro Turf? Or was that different?

"Are you ignorant of politics?"

Unfortunately, I have seen too much of its present state. Time to change course, heh?

It didn't pass shit though did it? More pie in the sky politics. So who is Paul Ryan but another wannabe?

lol...the little sissy boy had to hide behind big government and authoritative force.

Fucking republicans and their hypocrisy.

[ But that was before his plan to end medicare came out.

He made no such plan. His plan is one to save medicare. Seems democrats don't want to save it.

Medicare is public health insurance that pays the medical bills of the nation's elderly. If Ryan were to get his way, Medicare would no longer exist.

That is just empty liberal doublespeak. The fact is, that if reforms are not made to medicare it will not be there for anyone because the program will go bust and the government couldn't possibly tax its way to covering it. Democrats know this but seem to feel that scaring the elderly with misinformation is more important than actually ensuring a program to cover the elderly will be possible going forward. YOU are participating in the same shameless, partisan dishonesty.

That is just empty liberal doublespeak.

And yet the facts remain. Ryan would set a date after which no senior could enroll in public health insurance (which, for the last 46 years, has been known as "Medicare"). He would eliminate the guaranteed health benefit seniors have enjoyed for almost half a century.

He proposes to repeal-and-replace Medicare with an inadequate voucher to buy an Anthem or Blue Cross or Aetna plan.

The fact is, that if reforms are not made to medicare it will not be there for anyone because the program will go bust and the government couldn't possibly tax its way to covering it. Democrats know this but seem to feel that scaring the elderly with misinformation is more important than actually ensuring a program to cover the elderly will be possible going forward.

And yet Democrats have embraced the concept of reforming Medicare. In fact I've highlighted many times some of the reforms to the program that they've passed (not proposed, passed) in the last two years or so:

Last edited:
That is just empty liberal doublespeak.

And yet the facts remain. ]

The fact is that you are trying to play semantics out of shallow, dishonest partisanship. Even obama feels the need to tack on "as we know it" when he pulls this little scare tactic.

The fact also remains that all that jive you mentioned would likely increase costs, particularly in the short term. That will not save medicare in the long term, and certainly will not address the huge debt problem that everyone honest knows will swamp the program soon enough if real reform isn't undertaken.

The fact is that you are trying to play semantics out of shallow, dishonest partisanship. Even obama feels the need to tack on "as we know it" when he pulls this little scare tactic.

Semantics? Under Ryan's proposal, if you're under 55 Medicare doesn't exist for you. You'll never be allowed to enroll in it, you won't draw benefits through it or be insured by it, it won't reimburse providers for services rendered to you, and it will no longer offer you a guaranteed health benefit. It's a payer that will no longer pay, an insurer that will no longer insure. Medicare will be gone. The "as we know it" qualifier isn't necessary, as "Medicare" has had a fixed meaning for the past 46 years and we all know what it is. Namely, a public health insurance plan. Which is exactly what Ryan proposes to eliminate.

These are not small or semantical points, they're the guts of the proposal.

The fact also remains that all that jive you mentioned would likely increase costs, particularly in the short term.

Do you want to elaborate?

Last edited:
It's almost impossible to have intelligent debate on social programs because of all the disingenuous misinformation.

Semantics? Under Ryan's proposal, if you're under 55 Medicare doesn't exist for you.

If you insist on just repeating this dishonest partisan doublespeak then go the fuck away, there's no conversation to be had with a broken record.

Forum List

Back