Paul Ryan's Marijuana flip flop.............

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Over the weekend, Paul Ryan said this......................

DENVER (AP) — Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan says the federal government shouldn't interfere with states that have legalized medical marijuana.

The Wisconsin congressman tells KRDO-TV in Colorado Springs that he personally doesn't approve of medical marijuana laws. But he says that states should have the right to choose whether to legalize the drug for medical purposes.

In response to a reporter's question, Ryan said: "It's up to Coloradans to decide."

The interview was taped while Ryan campaigned this week in Colorado Springs and aired Friday.

Colorado is one of 17 states, plus the District of Columbia, that allow medical marijuana.

The Obama administration at first signaled that it wouldn't interfere with state-sanctioned marijuana distribution. But the Justice Department has since angered marijuana activists by shutting down dispensaries in California and Colorado.

Ryan: Don't interfere with legalized medical pot - Yahoo! News

But then......................yesterday, he pulled a Mittens and flip flopped.................

Campaign aides for Republican vice presidential candidate Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) busied themselves this weekend with telling reporters that the candidate “agrees with Mitt Romney” on keeping marijuana illegal, despite him telling a Colorado television station that he supports letting states flout federal laws on medical marijuana.

Romney said earlier this year that he believes “marijuana should not be legal in this country,” calling it “a gateway drug to other drug violations.”

The views would seem to directly clash with what Ryan told KRDO-TV in Colorado on Friday night. “My personal positions on this issue have been let the states decide what to do with these things,” he remarked during a pre-taped interview. “This is something that is not a high priority of ours as to whether or not we go down this issue. But I’ve always believed is the states should make the right to decide.”

Paul Ryan’s campaign immediately retracts candidate’s support for medical marijuana | The Raw Story

Ryan's flip flop times are getting almost as good as Mittens'.

But..............I'm also thinking this was actually Ryan trying to pander to CO voters, and being corrected by the Romney campaign.

Just another example of the lack of coordination within the Romney campaign. I guess that's hard to do amidst all the flip flops.

Republicans attacking Weed really upsets Democrats doesn't it.

DENVER (AP) — Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan says the federal government shouldn't interfere with states that have legalized medical marijuana.

The Wisconsin congressman tells KRDO-TV in Colorado Springs that he personally doesn't approve of medical marijuana laws. But he says that states should have the right to choose whether to legalize the drug for medical purposes.

In response to a reporter's question, Ryan said: "It's up to Coloradans to decide."

The interview was taped while Ryan campaigned this week in Colorado Springs and aired Friday.

Colorado is one of 17 states, plus the District of Columbia, that allow medical marijuana.

The Obama administration at first signaled that it wouldn't interfere with state-sanctioned marijuana distribution. But the Justice Department has since angered marijuana activists by shutting down dispensaries in California and Colorado.

But then......................yesterday, he pulled a Mittens and flip flopped.................

Campaign aides for Republican vice presidential candidate Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) busied themselves this weekend with telling reporters that the candidate “agrees with Mitt Romney” on keeping marijuana illegal, despite him telling a Colorado television station that he supports letting states flout federal laws on medical marijuana.

Romney said earlier this year that he believes “marijuana should not be legal in this country,” calling it “a gateway drug to other drug violations.”

The views would seem to directly clash with what Ryan told KRDO-TV in Colorado on Friday night. “My personal positions on this issue have been let the states decide what to do with these things,” he remarked during a pre-taped interview. “This is something that is not a high priority of ours as to whether or not we go down this issue. But I’ve always believed is the states should make the right to decide.”

Paul Ryan’s campaign immediately retracts candidate’s support for medical marijuana | The Raw Story

Uhhhh--where is the "flip-flop" both believe that marijuana should not be completely legal--but at least they respect STATE'S rights--something Obama doesn't.

For Obama's 2008 campaign, I donated money, I went to rallies to show support, I knocked on doors in VA, and on election night I joined thousands in D.C. who descended on the White House to celebrate and sing “Na, Na, Na, Na, Good bye” to President Bush. I went to sleep that night excited about a new direction for this country that would include me as a recognized medical cannabis patient.

In fewer then fours years of President Obama, we have seen more raids on dispensaries than during the Bush Administration’s entire eight-year tenure. The Obama Administration has taken property from landlords, threatened local officials, forced the release of patient records, used the Internal Revenue Service to bankrupt legitimate dispensaries, told banks to purge medical cannabis clients, evicted patients from low-income housing, and denied a petition to recognize the well-established medical value of cannabis.

Now as President Obama approaches the vote on his reelection, I and other medical cannabis patients are finding it impossible to renew our support.
http://safeaccessnow.org/blog/?p=2956

12977d1334971842-obama-trouble-medical-marijuana-states-4-20-signs-say-all-m2sww9-m2swu1potholidaynathan.vandynegazette.com5.jpg

12976d1334971790-obama-trouble-medical-marijuana-states-4-20-signs-say-all-m2sww9-m2swtzpotholidaynathan.vandynegazette.com3.jpg

Denver, CO 4/20/2012

"You'll find that former governors like Romney and Bush do believe in states rights--and do not like the Federal Government getting involved into state business."

Last edited:
You really wanna get on flip-flops and lies?

If we were in Obama's hope N' change world, unemployment would be 5%.. the debt would be 5 trillion.. Businesses would be hiring.. DOMA would still be defended.. Should I continue?

Paul Ryan probably has a personal difference with Romney on this issue, but aligns with the campaign platform - as I'm sure Biden does.

You really wanna get on flip-flops and lies?

If we were in Obama's hope N' change world, unemployment would be 5%.. the debt would be 5 trillion.. Businesses would be hiring.. DOMA would still be defended.. Should I continue?

Paul Ryan probably has a personal difference with Romney on this issue, but aligns with the campaign platform - as I'm sure Biden does.

The important thing to NOTE--is that both Ryan and Romney agree that marijuana should not be completely legal BUT--they both RESPECT states rights and are NOT going to go in and hammer medical marijuana states as Obama has done.

For Obama's 2008 campaign, I donated money, I went to rallies to show support, I knocked on doors in VA, and on election night I joined thousands in D.C. who descended on the White House to celebrate and sing “Na, Na, Na, Na, Good bye” to President Bush. I went to sleep that night excited about a new direction for this country that would include me as a recognized medical cannabis patient.

In fewer then fours years of President Obama, we have seen more raids on dispensaries than during the Bush Administration’s entire eight-year tenure. The Obama Administration has taken property from landlords, threatened local officials, forced the release of patient records, used the Internal Revenue Service to bankrupt legitimate dispensaries, told banks to purge medical cannabis clients, evicted patients from low-income housing, and denied a petition to recognize the well-established medical value of cannabis.

Now as President Obama approaches the vote on his reelection, I and other medical cannabis patients are finding it impossible to renew our support.
Medical Cannabis: Voices from the Frontlines » Blog Archive » Wake Up Obama: Cannabis Patients Vote!

Ryan can flip flop all he wants....Pres.Obama SAID he would not interfere with LEGIT places out here......but yet here he is.....i can understand the ones violating State Ordinances...but the ones who are following the Rules set forth are being screwed with too......so we have a Flip-Flopper and a Liar....

Forum List

Back