Paul Ryan's Absurdly Optimistic Budget Projections Draw Widespread Ridicule

What is so 'off' here is the fact that my first post was to your claim of widespread ridicule, while only posting 1 link. Two, I wasn't defending Ryan or the plan, not at this point, not in this thread. Then you attacked my sources, even in the last point trying to bring up the WaPo author, a daily contributor, who's political predilections are made clear. Then too one needs to look at what she wrote and the links she supplied. You never did that. Nope. Not serious yourself, even on a messageboard.

:clap2:

modbert likely won't show his face in this thread again

so far my prediction is holding :razz:

Modbert's a fair poster. He already apologized to Annie earlier, something that 99.9999% of posters won't do when they are wrong.

:clap2:

modbert likely won't show his face in this thread again

so far my prediction is holding :razz:

Modbert's a fair poster. He already apologized to Annie earlier, something that 99.9999% of posters won't do when they are wrong.

Yep, he did which is what I wrote back then. It's important to recognize errors or sometimes just being on the wrong side of an issue. Not always easy though. He was even more gracious off the board.

Paul Ryan's Absurdly Optimistic Budget Projections Draw Widespread Ridicule | TPMDC

Even as Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) proudly touted his "fact-based budget" and decried Democrats' "budget gimmicks" yesterday, he prominently cited the think tank's absurdly rosy numbers, drawing widespread mockery from economists, budget experts, and health care wonks. Even the developer of the model that Heritage used to crunch the numbers can't figure out how Heritage reached its conclusions.

"The Heritage numbers are insane," MIT economist Jonathan Gruber said in an interview with TPM.
The numbers stand in stark contrast to analysis from the independent Congressional Budget Office, the gold standard used by both parties to determine the costs of legislation, which shows an increase in the deficit's share of the economy in the plan's first decade thanks to its massive tax cuts and then much tougher financial burdens for seniors in future decades as their health care benefits dwindle.

"CBO is what they use on the budget side -- as a matter of procedure, any numbers from the Heritage Foundation or anybody else are essentially worthless," Bruce Bartlett, a former Treasury official under President George H.W. Bush, said in an interview. "You can assert whatever you want to assert, but you can always find some half-baked tax think tank that will make up any number you feel like."
"The idea he'd go to Heritage for that kind of support indicates he didn't like what the CBO was going to tell him," Stan Collender, a former budget aide for both the House and Senate, told TPM. "This is the same guy who said his budget has no gimmicks in it turning to the rosiest scenario he could get."
The Heritage analysis bases its numbers on a "dynamic" model that it says takes into account the explosive growth unleashed by tax cuts. As a number of commentators have noted, it's the same approach that led them to conclude the Bush tax cuts would reduce the deficit and create millions of new jobs -- instead they exploded the deficit and unemployment worsened, eventually skyrocketing.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ-uV72pQKI"]YouTube - Pure Imagination[/ame]

Tell me something genius.

Why didn't you post about Obama's absurdly optimistic budget projections last year? Did going against The One upset you r partisan ideology? Were you afraid to get a failing grade in school?

Are you saying we can't expect to be at 2.8 percent unemployment by the end of the decade? Bummer. :laugh:

With all the people in the workplace who won't be able to afford to retire...

...that definitely raises unemployment, by keeping old fucks in jobs that younger unemployed people could otherwise have.

wow, just wow.

you're serious too.

I am going to have to bookmark this post.

Ryan doesn't want to brag about the CBO's analysis of his budget proposal, because this, in part, is what they had to say about it:

States would have additional flexibility to design and manage their programs to achieve greater efficiencies in the delivery of care. Because of the magnitude of the reduction in federal Medicaid spending under the proposal, however … states would probably need to consider additional changes, such as reducing their spending on other programs or raising additional revenues. Alternatively, states could [save money by] cutting payment rates for doctors, hospitals, or nursing homes; reducing the scope of benefits covered; or limiting eligibility… f states lowered payment rates even further, providers might be less willing to treat Medicaid enrollees. As a result, Medicaid enrollees could face more limited access to care…. Beneficiaries could face higher out-of-pocket costs, and providers could face more uncompensated care as beneficiaries lost coverage for certain benefits or lost coverage altogether.

America's budget: The CBO scores Paul Ryan | The Economist

So? the gravy train is over, knucklehead. The benefits politicians promised in the past are going to be scaled back. It's either that or economic collapse.

The number one cause of bankruptcy in this country are medical bills. Republicans see this as a "good thing"?

Where did you get the idea no one should ever go bankrupt? It also sucks when your girlfriend dumps you. Should the federal government have a program to prevent that?

Here's an excellent effort to explain the Ryan plan...

...written especially for conservatives it seems:

The Absolute Moron’s Guide to Paul Ryan’s Budget Plan -- Daily Intel

I posted an evaluation from Slate, Jacob Weisberg, he was or is a con. maybe ion a previous life though I doubt it, :rolleyes: he provided some seriuos food for thought AND some points in critique which are well made. There is also some over at TNR and Reason, seeing what you posted here makes me wonder if you really read, at all, or just browse.

this topic is going to be around a long time, I hope your , uhm, perspective matures, otherwise I am just going to relegate you to LOL smileys and the like, just so you know when you see them. Later...

The heritage foundation is full of beans.

It has always been mostly full of beans.

It is a STINK TANK designed as an scholarly apologist for the continued RAPE of the American economy.

NYAH! NYAH! NYAH!

Real mature response their, Einstein.

From who? The Dimwits who haven't passed a budget in two years?? Cry us a fucking river whydonchya?

WillowTree, some folks have the mental acuity to enter into spirited debate, and offer valid evidence to support their premise. This gomer isn't one of those folks. He can only do what he's been doing, and that is to make a complete fool of himself. Damn! He really does a good job of that doesn't he? He's removed all doubt. He's convinced me that he is a complete fool. Now what could be a more accurate analyses then that? :up:

Interest expenses for fiscal year 2011

March $24,460,282,823.69
February $21,759,253,957.26
January $21,122,729,715.18
December $104,700,174,845.03
November $19,396,316,137.56
October $24,142,491,931.22
Fiscal Year Total $215,581,249,409.94

Government - Interest Expense on the Debt Outstanding

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

When you look at the ever increasing debt that this country faces, and then look at the staggering amount that we owe just for interest on the money that our government has borrowed it's sickening. What is even more sickening is the fact that Obama, spent over 8 times more then total federal revenues last month. BooYah! Are we having fun yet?

Then we have a cretinous pinhead tell us that Senator Ryan, is a fool because he wants to restore fiscal responsibility to Washington. Oh well why should that surprise me? This clown is a liberal. Their party elected someone equally as stupid to occupy the oval office. All that I can conclude is the fact that liberals remain firmly stuck on stupid.

Forum List

Back