Paul Ryan: The American people have one last chance

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
wake up people

SNIP:
On Fox & Friends this morning, House Budget Committee chairman, bigtime Romney surrogate, and all-around fiscal guru Paul Ryan had what I thought was a very reasoned view on Thursday’s Supreme Court ruling on ObamaCare (emphasis mine):

“Absolutely,” said Ryan. “There are 21 taxes in this bill, 12 of which hit people making less than $250,000 per year. That in and of itself is a violation of the President’s promise not to tax people making less than $250,000.”

Ryan said that the way the President and Congressional Democrats sold this bill has been proven false by the Supreme Court ruling. “I agree with the dissenting opinion that they rewrote this law calling it a tax,” said Ryan.

“We have a law that we have one more chance to repeal, and that’s this November election,” Ryan continued. “That’s basically what the Supreme Court did; they raised the stakes of this election. We have one more chance – and that’s basically what they said. The people of this country are going to be the final arbiters of this.”

For one reason or another, I’m sure many of us will be bristling with Chief Justice Robert’s mandate-permitting opinion on ObamaCare for some time to come, but everybody’s been discussing at least one key takeaway from his decision that I thought very profound:

Members of this Court are vested with the authority to interpret the law; we possess neither the expertise nor the prerogative to make policy judgments. Those decisions are entrusted to our Nation’s elected leaders, who can be thrown out of office if the people disagree with them. It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices.

At the end of the day, it is absolutely true that we did this to ourselves. As the years have worn on, we’ve consistently demonstrated a prevailing penchant for electing people into office who do little to safeguard our personal freedom and responsibility. Instead, we reward politicians for signing more ‘free’ stuff into law and sending home as much pork as possible. If we don’t stop living in our little bubbles of willful ignorance and summon the political will to reverse the bacchanalian frenzy of entitlement spending and big government, America’s best days really are behind us — and it’ll be nobody’s fault but our own.

read it all here..
Paul Ryan: The American people have one last chance « Hot Air

wake up people

SNIP:
On Fox & Friends this morning, House Budget Committee chairman, bigtime Romney surrogate, and all-around fiscal guru Paul Ryan had what I thought was a very reasoned view on Thursday’s Supreme Court ruling on ObamaCare (emphasis mine):

“Absolutely,” said Ryan. “There are 21 taxes in this bill, 12 of which hit people making less than $250,000 per year. That in and of itself is a violation of the President’s promise not to tax people making less than $250,000.”

Ryan said that the way the President and Congressional Democrats sold this bill has been proven false by the Supreme Court ruling. “I agree with the dissenting opinion that they rewrote this law calling it a tax,” said Ryan.

“We have a law that we have one more chance to repeal, and that’s this November election,” Ryan continued. “That’s basically what the Supreme Court did; they raised the stakes of this election. We have one more chance – and that’s basically what they said. The people of this country are going to be the final arbiters of this.”

For one reason or another, I’m sure many of us will be bristling with Chief Justice Robert’s mandate-permitting opinion on ObamaCare for some time to come, but everybody’s been discussing at least one key takeaway from his decision that I thought very profound:

Members of this Court are vested with the authority to interpret the law; we possess neither the expertise nor the prerogative to make policy judgments. Those decisions are entrusted to our Nation’s elected leaders, who can be thrown out of office if the people disagree with them. It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices.

At the end of the day, it is absolutely true that we did this to ourselves. As the years have worn on, we’ve consistently demonstrated a prevailing penchant for electing people into office who do little to safeguard our personal freedom and responsibility. Instead, we reward politicians for signing more ‘free’ stuff into law and sending home as much pork as possible. If we don’t stop living in our little bubbles of willful ignorance and summon the political will to reverse the bacchanalian frenzy of entitlement spending and big government, America’s best days really are behind us — and it’ll be nobody’s fault but our own.

read it all here..

I do agree with you, Stephanie. It is so easy to spend and tax instead of looking for solutions to cut our costs of medicine as we have now. Grand malpractice verdicts and illegal immigration has spiraled our uninsured costs of medicine and we are not targeting these issues at all.

Taxing the the middle class and counting on those who are subject to higher premium costs during times of economic crisis is not the way to go.

It's not only the Last chance, It's the Best chance, and would be the Best Route to the Goal. The Bill being Struck Down by the Courts would have just inflamed a Debate for Years and done Nothing to fix the Problem, A defeat of Obama and the Republicans and Then The Repeal and Replacement of Obama care, That is the Route to go.

Last edited:

This from the guy who thinks in order to save Medicare we need to completely get rid of Medicare.

I would love to know what he thinks the 12 taxes are.

Last edited:
Ryan should start by telling us how he proposes to pay for the zillion dollar Medicare part D he voted for when Bush was president,

the same year they cut the taxes that would have paid for it.

wake up people

SNIP:

read it all here..

Of course nobody has any respect for what Ryan has to say after his attempted medicare slice and dice. He might as well just shut the fuck up, he's preaching to the choir.

The uninformed look like they have their heads up their asses- Oh wait- they do :cool:

Medicaid: The devil’s in the block-grant details

Ryan’s proposal for Medicaid reform involves “converting the federal share of Medicaid spending into a block grant indexed for inflation and population growth.” This contrasts meaningfully with a plan put forth by four House members on the conservative Republican Study Committee: Reps. Todd Rokita (Ind.), Tim Huelskamp (Kans.), Paul Broun (Ga.), and Jim Jordan (Ohio). The RSC proposal aims to keep Medicaid spending flat, with no inflation adjustment, after block-granting it to the states.

Insofar as block-granting Medicaid has become a consensus idea within the GOP, the devil will devolve into the details: What should be the growth rate for the federal block grants? Should profligate states like New York continue to get big grants at the expense of stingy states like Texas, or should the block grant be administered on a per-beneficiary basis?

Medicare: Adapting Wyden-Ryan for the House budget

In coordination with today’s news, Ryan’s team put together a well-produced video on Medicare’s structural problems, and what premium support and competitive bidding seek to do about it:

Paul Ryan's New-and-Improved Plan for Medicare and Medicaid Reform - Forbes

On Fox & Friends this morning,

Yeah,... I stopped reading after that.

Figures, open minded liberals don't like their ideas or opinions challenged. Bunch of hypocrites.

You're quite the English Major, aren't you??

Do you HAVE any idea what "open minded" means????

eusa_doh.gif

On Fox & Friends this morning,

Yeah,... I stopped reading after that.

Oh, let's look at another media outlet where Ryan could failry voice his position....

ABC - Obamacare Town Hall meeting and refused to have dissenting follow up from Republicans or paid advertising from organizations voicing the contrary.

NBC - Track record of doctoring tapes (9-11 tapes, Treyvonne Martin 911 call, Romney speech)

CBS - Presenting fabricated documents as authentic to suit Dan Rather's agenda.

Paul Ryan.....

Because the leadership of America always comes from.....Kentucky???

wake up people

SNIP:

read it all here..

Hot air is a perfect description of Ryan, the man who would raise the cost of Medicare and make retirees spend double.

The Republican congressman's proposal to privatize Medicare would mean a dramatic hike in U.S. healthcare costs for the elderly, an independent analysis finds. Seniors would pay almost double — more than $12,510 a year.

But because commercial insurers cost more to run than government plans, the Wisconsin Republican's proposal to privatize Medicare starting in 2022 would actually spark a dramatic increase in how much the nation spends on healthcare for the elderly, according to an independent analysis by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

Steph and friends...

Peasants-for-Plutocracy-by-Michael-Dal-Cerro505x379.jpg

Forum List

Back