Paul Ryan says American women need to have more babies

"I did my part, but we need to have higher birth rates in this country," said the father of three.
Aaron Rupar Dec 14, 2017, 4:33 pm
During a news conference on Thursday, House Speaker Paul Ryan urged American women to have more babies, saying their lack of procreation was stunting economic growth.

“People — this is going to be the new economic challenge for America. People,” Ryan said, in response to a question about entitlement reform.

Alluding to the fact that he’s a father of three, Ryan added, “I did my part, but we need to have higher birth rates in this country. Meaning, baby boomers are retiring, and we have fewer people following them in the work force.”

“We have something like a 90 percent increase in the retirement population in America, but only a 19 percent increase in the working population in American,” the Speaker continued. “So what do we have to do? Be smarter, more efficient, more technology — still going to need more people. And when we have tens of millions of people right here in this country falling short of their potential — not working, not looking for a job, or not in school getting a skill to get a job — that’s a problem.”

Why not allow in more immigrants? Maybe go to 2 million per year!
Look how well it’s worked for France, Germany and Sweden!
Matthew is a fucking retard. The boy can't see beyond his own keyboard much less the realities of mass influxes of immigrants.

Your entire nation was founded by immigrants, as was mine. We’re doing just fine letting people in.

"I did my part, but we need to have higher birth rates in this country," said the father of three.
During a news conference on Thursday, House Speaker Paul Ryan urged American women to have more babies, saying their lack of procreation was stunting economic growth.

“People — this is going to be the new economic challenge for America. People,” Ryan said, in response to a question about entitlement reform.

Alluding to the fact that he’s a father of three, Ryan added, “I did my part, but we need to have higher birth rates in this country. Meaning, baby boomers are retiring, and we have fewer people following them in the work force.”

“We have something like a 90 percent increase in the retirement population in America, but only a 19 percent increase in the working population in American,” the Speaker continued. “So what do we have to do? Be smarter, more efficient, more technology — still going to need more people. And when we have tens of millions of people right here in this country falling short of their potential — not working, not looking for a job, or not in school getting a skill to get a job — that’s a problem.”

Look how well it’s worked for France, Germany and Sweden!
Matthew is a fucking retard. The boy can't see beyond his own keyboard much less the realities of mass influxes of immigrants.

Your entire nation was founded by immigrants, as was mine. We’re doing just fine letting people in.
So you're not an American either. Just another foreign troll.

Off to iggy for you

What a stupid thing for Ryan to say.

Republicans don't want to help the babies we have now.
That was a kind of interesting suggestion, wasn't it?
First we hear for months that all our jobs are being lost to automation and thousands--nay millions--of people are going to be out of work and unable to provide for themselves.

Now they're telling us to have more babies? The birth rate is down because young people are still living with their parents because the economy is not as great as Trump keeps insisting and the millenials who should be multiplying like bunnies can't afford to move out, get married and have kids. They're swamped with student loan debt and working at Starbucks.

Our leaders need to make up their minds.

First we hear for months that all our jobs are being lost to automation and thousands--nay millions--of people are going to be out of work and unable to provide for themselves.
Meh, give it time.

The crux of the crunch will be when a businessman can buy an autonomous android with Strong AI for less than he will pay for a year of annual labor.

Estimates are that these robots will eventually hit the market at around $2000 each.

Now you tell me which is cheaper.

White women do.

Voluntary genocide is idiocy.

What a stupid thing for Ryan to say.

Republicans don't want to help the babies we have now.

Now they're telling us to have more babies? The birth rate is down because young people are still living with their parents because the economy is not as great as Trump keeps insisting and the millenials who should be multiplying like bunnies can't afford to move out, get married and have kids. They're swamped with student loan debt and working at Starbucks.

Our leaders need to make up their minds.

Kind of an easy fix on the student loan debt. Allow banks to inquire into the intended major of the student applying for the loan. We're allowing children who don't know any better to go 6 digits into debt for humanities degrees that, yeah, qualify you to teach humanities or work at Starbucks.

New Topics

Forum List

Back