Paul Ryan rips Obama’s comment that ‘if you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that

Does President Obama Think You Didn’t Build Your Business? No.

By Benjy Sarlin

Here’s the full passage:

“If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the GI Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for president — because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.”​

More: Does President Obama Think You Didn’t Build Your Business? No. | TPM2012

Of course the thread was a lie. This is my shocked face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_shifty:

Isn't Ryan pretty much a career politician who never ran his own business?

Isn't that the sort of person the Right loves to denigrate, at least when it's a Democrat?

Why does Ryan get a pass, 'nuts?

Paul Ryan rips Obama’s comment that ‘if you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen’

James Pethokoukis | July 16, 2012, 8:26 pm

It was Rep. Paul Ryan’s wife, Janna, who first saw — via Twitter — President Obama’s recent comments about American entrepreneurs, that “if you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”

And the Wisconsin Republican — thought to be on Mitt Romney’s running-mate short list — couldn’t believe it. He thought someone must “have been putting words in the president’s mouth.”

But Obama said it all. And Ryan absolutely tore into the president in a chat I had with him earlier today. Among the highlights:

– “The idea that these entrepreneurs owe all their success to some government bureaucrat or some centralized planner just defies reality.”

– “Every now and then, President Obama pierces the veil. He’s usually pretty coy about his ideology, but he lets the veil slip from time to time.”

– “We believe in free communities and this is a statist attack on free communities.”

– “He’s deluded himself into thinking that his so-called enemies are these crazy individualists who believe in some dog-eat-dog society when what he’s really doing is basically attacking people like entrepreneurs and stacking up a list of scapegoats to blame for his failures.”

– “As all of his big government spending programs fail to restore jobs and growth, he seems to be retreating into a statist vision of government direction and control of a free society that looks backward to the failed ideologies of the 20th century.”

– “Those of us who are conservative believe in government, we just believe government has limits. We want government to do what it does well and respect its limits so civil society and families can flourish on their own and do well and achieve their potential.”

– “He wants to be as transformational as Reagan by undoing the entire Reagan revolution.”

Paul Ryan rips Obama’s comment that ‘if you

So, Ryan didn'r understand it either. Or was it that he just couldn't sell it? I suspect the latter.

Repub SLIME lies. WHY do the rw's FALL for this crap? Surely they know that Obama did not say that and yet, look at the little bobble head posts. And, this will got to many many pages, all of them agreeing with each other about what a bad man the president is.

and ALL of it, every single word, started with a LIE from the R.

Why does the rw want lies and then spread lies? WHY???

Is there really not even ONE honest rw on this board?

Mitt Romney Takes Obama Remark About Business Out Of Context

Forum List

Back