Paul Ryan requested stimulus funds FOUR times

That isn't what I said. Obviously, you're too stupid even to follow a simple argument. I said if the thief throws the money in the air and you are one of the people scrambling to get the money falling to the ground. The thief is a different person than the people scrambling for the money. Get it? No, of course you don't. At least you won't admit it.

Democrats stole the money. They approved the porkulus.

Uh..yeah, I get that the thief is a different person than the people scrambling for the money that the thief drops. My point is that the people scrambling for the money are also stealing the money. So, if those people steal money and then say that theft is bad, then they're hypocrites.

You. Are. A. Moron.

You're obviously immune to logic.

Projecting retard is projecting again.

That is part of his job to represent his state dumbass !:eusa_whistle:

And while he was doing that he specifically said it was to spur economic growth in his district, which makes him and other GOP stimulus-bashers a hypocrite.

Dumbass. :)

Of course he did.

That was his job at the time...to get as much FEDERAL pork into his district as possible.

IN terms of behavior when it comes to getting PORK, the difference between the Ds and Rs is practically ZERO.

If Congress has already approved the pork, only a moron wouldn't try to get his fair share. The Democrat meme that doing so is hypocritical is only swallowed by congenital morons and liberals.

Why would a Congressman want the money? To create jobs and stimulate the economy in his district?

Ryan and the rest of the GOP said the stimulus wouldn't/couldn't do that.

Why would a congressman want the money?

Whether it stimulates the economy is a diversion. Spending always benefits the short term interests of those the money is spent on.

It takes a a special kind of stupid not to understand that.

Uh..yeah, I get that the thief is a different person than the people scrambling for the money that the thief drops. My point is that the people scrambling for the money are also stealing the money. So, if those people steal money and then say that theft is bad, then they're hypocrites.

You. Are. A. Moron.

You're obviously immune to logic.

Projecting retard is projecting again.

Do you speak english?

It really looks bad for Ryan, although he's not the only anti-stimulus politician who eagerly accepted funds.

When did Ryan ever say he was "anti-stimulus"? What Ryan pointed out was that this Administration took the 870 billion dollars it had to play with for stimulus and wasted it on crap like Solyndra, Tesla and public union bailouts that didn't do anything to create new jobs but paid back the people who supported Barack Obama with huge campaign donations.

That makes Ryan "look bad"?

Sorry, Kiddies but the fact that some people OTHER than Barry's "bundlers" and union pals wanted some of that huge amount of money to go towards what it was INTENDED to go towards...namely creating jobs...doesn't change the fact that you progressives made choices that wasted vast sums of our money...money that we had to borrow.

What was that about Tesla, me boy. It must have gone out of business by now, eh. OR.......... Maybe it is a highly successful company based on new technologies. Looks like parroting con web sites talking points can make you look bad.
Relative to the other charges, I notice even back then that you had NO LINKS to impartial sources. And your estimation of the effects of the Stimulus proved to be all wrong, according to rational sources. Like, say, the CBO.
And calling a president by one of the names used by the bat shit crazy con web sites is shabby, me boy. All of which goes to show that you are, indeed, a con tool Obviously.

Relative to your charges agains the unions:
The United Automobile Workers union (UAW)—which represents autoworkers at the Big Three U.S. car manufacturers (Ford, General Motors, and Fiat/Chrysler)—is a constructive partner in the U.S. auto industry’s resurgence.
  • The UAW is transitioning from a union that primarily threatens to withhold labor to one that primarily enables work. This is evident in the expertise the union now brings to discussions of quality, safety, predictive and preventative maintenance, workforce development, team-based operations, and other such topics.
    • In the face of increased market volatility, the UAW and the auto industry have in recent decades embraced work rules that allow for more modular and more flexible forms of production. Two decades ago, it would have been considered an important accomplishment to have two or three products built on the same platform and the same assembly line. Today, there are a number of plants that can produce as many as six distinct products on the same assembly line—allowing for much more flexible responses to variation in product demand.
  • The UAW has also played a constructive role in ensuring the financial viability of the Big Three.
    • For example, the union agreed to a lower entry wage in 2007 of $14.20 (approximately 60 percent of the regular production starting hourly wage) for up to 20 percent of the workforce; after this threshold was reached, workers would receive the higher regular wage.
    • Additionally, in 2007 the UAW agreed to the establishment of separate Voluntary Employee Benefit Association (VEBA) agreements with each of the Big Three manufacturers. These independent entities, funded to take on responsibility for retiree health care, helped to dramatically reduce automakers’ liability for health benefits, and provided retirees with much greater assurances of continuity of benefits than if they had relied on companies that might declare bankruptcy.
    • The Decline and Resurgence of the U.S. Auto Industry

Last edited:

Forum List

Back