Paul Ryan on Fox with Chris Wallace: What he's really saying?

Social Security is paid for? You're a fucking moron. Paid for? LOL We have to borrow to pay current benefits! How is that paid for?

"I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it" Barack "Social Security Really is Bankrupt" Obama

goddammit but you're dumb. social security, by law, cannot add to the debt. it does not currently - and there is no provision for social security to borrow money in any way shape or form.

get educated.

Add to the debt????????????? :eek: OMFG You're wrong it the Trillions column!!! If it were a real trust fund would it buy unsaleable securities??!! You don't even know how fucked you are!

Bernie Madoff wishes he had the deal SocSec does
how is it that you believe social security has added to our current debt?

please, share your wisdom.

goddammit but you're dumb. social security, by law, cannot add to the debt. it does not currently - and there is no provision for social security to borrow money in any way shape or form.

get educated.

Add to the debt????????????? :eek: OMFG You're wrong it the Trillions column!!! If it were a real trust fund would it buy unsaleable securities??!! You don't even know how fucked you are!

Try going to the treasury web site. look up debt. Then look up who is holding the debt.

Thanks for playing.

Try going to the treasury web site. look up debt. Then look up who is holding the debt.

Thanks for playing.

so... by loaning the money social security is adding to the debt?

is that really what you're saying?

Thanks for playing.

Yes, we even fool ourselves by paying interest. Because we borrowed it.

SS was supposed to be self funding. Why is it in the budget when before it was an off budget item.

Thanks for playing.

SS was supposed to be self funding. Why is it in the budget when before it was an off budget item.

it still is self funding.

does it really matter who holds the notes?
social security has not and is not adding to the debt. it can't.

Yes it does. WHO IS PAYING THE INTEREST?

Why, it is the tax payer.

get educated.

Because its the Biggest Financial Fraud in History!

It takes in money its supposed to invest and instead buys securities with no value! That's why Obama said he had to borrow to pay current obligations! He didn't say, "Social security beneficiaries need not worry about their checks because we'll just sell some of the assets in the trust fund"

It's adds to the debt because it's a fraud and can only pay obligations by issuing more debt

If people were the least bit financially literate, there would be blood in the streets

Yes it does. WHO IS PAYING THE INTEREST?

Why, it is the tax payer.

so if those notes weren't sold to social security but were instead sold to some imaginary country we'll call Madeupland would that make a difference?

would you then say that Madeupland is adding to our national debt? of course not.

It takes in money its supposed to invest and instead buys securities with no value! That's why Obama said he had to borrow to pay current obligations! He didn't say, "Social security beneficiaries need not worry about their checks because we'll just sell some of the assets in the trust fund"

If we are at the debt ceiling and the SS Fund sells a bond to bring in cash, what happens? Nothing. Why? Because the government can't borrow money to give to the SS Fund.

This is why Obama said what he said. It was 100% true, even if you don't believe it.

The dems don't understand what some repubs and all TEA PARTY want to accomplish. We care about the elderly, all of us have relatives that need Social Security and medicare we just want to make it sustainable . Do we seem pro business? Yes. Business are the ONLY thing we have that create jobs that give us tax revenue. Government jobs eat revenue, private business jobs generate revenue. If we lower taxes and regulations on business they will create more jobs. They want to create more jobs, it makes them money and generates tax revenue. If you want more revenue don;t tax the few people that have jobs at a higher rate, create more private industry jobs that will generate more revenue. If we get the government out of the way jobs will be created. When we have 100% unemployment all of our economic problems will go away. This isn't likely to happen as long a obama tries to regulate every aspect of every business and make it too risky for businesses to expand so unless he is willing to change his way there will be no change in sight. Don't blame the TEA PARTY for obamas lack of ability to generate tax revenue.

You could have everyone working for 51 cents an hour like they do in China and that would end unemployment. But would you really want to live in such a country?
Quick sucking the toes of private business. They are making more money that ever and NOT creating more jobs. How do you think that's being done?

If you actually questioned your talking points, you might figure out how to say something meaningful. Go learn something.

As far as regulation, let's deregulate every fucking thing. Drive your family around in a car built without regulation. Live in a house without regulation. Give your kid a glass of milk. Unregulated milk. They do that in China.

2 face execution over China milk scandal

bd3138f3-0cf9-4006-a36e-78a7dc658430.grid-6x2.jpg

Zheng Shuzhen, center, the grandmother of a baby who died after drinking tainted milk, cries outside a court in Shijiazhuang, China, on Thursday. Although the chairwoman of the firm at the center of the scandal was jailed, Zheng said the sentence didn't "lessen our hate" for her.

What did our country do to deserve these ignorant right wingers? I vote we let them secede and refuse to give them the foreign aid they will undoubtedly beg for.

All of FDR Labor Laws need to be repealed

If we are at the debt ceiling and the SS Fund sells a bond to bring in cash, what happens? Nothing. Why? Because the government can't borrow money to give to the SS Fund.

This is why Obama said what he said. It was 100% true, even if you don't believe it.

I see. So the prohibition on selling Treasuries apply only to the US Government? Is a Fidelity Bond Fund allowed to sell the Treasury Bond that it owns?

Just a FYI, risk insurance violates my religious tenets, so in all this obfuscation y'all seem so good at

about something thats my own damn business, my medical care or lack of....

I have a question.

Just how do you think you will get away with mandating

risk insurance.

Do you really think i Can be forced to sin just because you mandated

someone of my faith to buy risk insurance?

Dont ya'll think this might cause a problem? i do.

Allah u akbar!

See what I mean about right wingers?

"Broaden the tax base IS move more of the burden to the middle class".

According to the CBO broadening the tax base is code for eliminating subsidies and loopholes while lowering the tax rate. This should actually result in higher taxes across the board.

REPUBLICANS WILL NOT INCREASE TAXES. THEY SEE SUBSIDIES AS TAX RELIEF. REMOVE THE SUBSIDES AND THAT EQUALS INCREASING TAXES. REPUBLICANS HAVE SAID THEY WANT THE POOR TO PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/50xx/doc5028/doc09-Part06.pdf

You obviously have the wrong decoder ring.

A voucher program with him saying he wants to move Medicare to "for profit" companies IS moving Medicare to "for profit" companies.

Kind of like the highly popular Medicare Advantage program that Democrats want to eliminate because it actually works?

I did not say I refuse to read it, I said I doubt I read 6% of it. I stopped reading when you claimed to be able to decode Ryan's words.

Turns out I was right.

I have pointed out where you are wrong so many times I have carpal tunnel. Yet you keep coming back and posting the same stupid lies over and over again.

Not a one. Not a single one.

Does this mean I am officially not a right-winger?

So go ahead. Call me names. It's code for "We hate you for being right". If only they were ashamed of what their party is doing. And I thought monsters didn't really exist.

FYI, pointing out you are stupid is not calling you names.

You are so full of shit it squeezes out your nostrils. I've never seen you right about anything. You don't research. You don't post links. You just say you're right. That makes you a right winger because that's what THEY do.

------------------------------------------------

"It's bad enough that Republicans are doing everything they can to protect tax breaks for millionaires and special interests, but the fact that the Republican idea of shared sacrifice means going after the those who are struggling the most is completely reprehensible," Shah said.

Hatch Saying Poor Need To Do More To Shrink The Debt

http://blogs.roanoke.com/dancasey/2011/07/sen-orrin-hatch-says-we-should-tax-the-poor/

He said that the poor of our country should “share some of the responsibility” for paying down the national debt.

That sounds good on its face — until you look at what has happened in this country for most of the last 40 years: The leaders of our nation have systematically lowered taxes on the wealthiest citizens in the land by large amounts, and on the poor and middle class by small amounts, while cutting welfare and other services to the neediest and passing sky-high increases in defense budgets.

In lamenting what she calls the "job-killing tax code," Bachmann points the finger at all these poverty-stricken people living it up, spending their minimum wage on slices of American cheese and Wonder Bread.

"Part of the problem is today, only 53 percent pay any federal income tax at all -- 47 percent pay nothing," Bachmann says. "We need to broaden the base so that everybody pays something, even if it's a dollar."

Bachmann thinks poor people need to pay income taxes [VIDEO] - Minneapolis News

It's adds to the debt because it's a fraud and can only pay obligations by issuing more debt

If people were the least bit financially literate, there would be blood in the streets

you really do just eat up the am airwaves, don't you? what's it like to let three college drop outs do your thinking for you?

last year social security did take in less in taxes than it paid out. it made up the difference in interest payments. it did not in any way add to our debt.

and we could not have sold off the treasury bonds. they are non-marketable, but they are still backed by the full faith and credit of the united states. however, the assumption is that we would have paid other creditors first had we decided to default on our debt and social security would have got the short end of the stick.

but the fact remains social security has not ever added one dime to our debt, and is in fact barred by law from doing so.

You think that just by retaining the name, that means Medicare can't be ended.

And you're serious...

Remember Rabbi is the same person who

- Thinks a good solution for people without health insurance is using Power of attorney. :confused:

- That black people can't be good leaders simply because of their skin color :cool:

- And that an increase of 10% of people to 15% of people is somehow NOT an increase of 50%

So yeah, only caring that its still called Medicare is right up Rabbis alley.

Shockingly you cannot support anything you write there.
In fact Ryan's plan assures that Medicare can continue to offer medical insurance to elderly people who would otherwise find themselves without care. Unlike Obama's plan, which will cut reimbursements to the point where no doctor will accept it.

Without care??????

Only if Republicans end Medicare.

Just a FYI, risk insurance violates my religious tenets, so in all this obfuscation y'all seem so good at

about something thats my own damn business, my medical care or lack of....

I have a question.

Just how do you think you will get away with mandating

risk insurance.

Do you really think i Can be forced to sin just because you mandated

someone of my faith to buy risk insurance?

Dont ya'll think this might cause a problem? i do.

Allah u akbar!

what do you think social security is?

In fact Ryan's plan assures that Medicare can continue to offer medical insurance to elderly people who would otherwise find themselves without care. Unlike Obama's plan, which will cut reimbursements to the point where no doctor will accept it.

You need to do a lot more reading.

Obama's plan does not cut reimbursements to doctors to the point where will not accept patients. It cut out the bonus 14% or so that was in Medicare Advantage, but that bonus was over and above the actual cost of the procedure. It was free money to doctors. It's now gone and doctors get paid the going rate. Why do you hate that?

Also, Ryan's plan does NOT allow Medicare to continue to offer insurance. Quite the opposite, as it provides no insurance at all. The consumer will have to go out and find a company that will accept them into a plan. They will have to negotiate a deal and sign a contract. Only then will the government issue some money to the insurance company. Money that is by design LESS than the cost of the plan.

you really do just eat up the am airwaves, don't you? what's it like to let three college drop outs do your thinking for you?

last year social security did take in less in taxes than it paid out. it made up the difference in interest payments. it did not in any way add to our debt.

and we could not have sold off the treasury bonds. they are non-marketable, but they are still backed by the full faith and credit of the united states. however, the assumption is that we would have paid other creditors first had we decided to default on our debt and social security would have got the short end of the stick.

but the fact remains social security has not ever added one dime to our debt, and is in fact barred by law from doing so.

I do my own research, which is why I know I'm right.

As for the "airwaves", I listen only to Rush and only when driving which maybe on average about an hour every 2 weeks. I understand that you Progressive hate the airwaves and are in a world of hurt since losing your media monopoly and that's just too fucking bad. Stop lying about everything and stop being wrong in the trillions column and you won't feel so threatened by these airwaves you fear.

You either didn't understand or can't answer the Fidelity Bond Fund/Social Security Madoff Fund Analogy, either way I don't care. I explained to you why you're wrong, I'm not repeating it

Forum List

Back