Paul Ryan on Fox with Chris Wallace: What he's really saying?

I love to hear Republican code and figuring out the actual message. Paul Ryan was still hawking his main talking points starting out with Democrats won't negotiate, be flexible or give an inch and pushing the two main aspects of his economic "plan".

Number one was "Health Care":

"We need to move our Health Care to the private sector to "save money"."

So we move the Medicare and possibly the VA to Health Care companies. Remember, these companies don't actually do anything "medical". They don't own hospitals or employ doctors or nurses. They are "middle men" only. They skim money off insurance policies for their "fair share" for "doing the paperwork". This is how they are able to pay a CEO bonus for Aetna or Chigna more than $100,000,000.00 or even more. Sometimes much more.

Dean this is not completely true. Companies like Kaiser do actually do something medical. We do need to save money by moving seniors to HMO's like the rest of us and privatising the VA. They have an expertise in trauma that could be shared with others.

We will ultimately have a choice. Pay for unconstrained health care for seniors and do nothing else or modify health care for seniors.

The only question I can see is do we mandate some kind of floor.

The amazing thing about your post is you make it sound like you actually know what you are talking about. I note one glaring thing though, no actual link to any site that shows the actual text of the Ryan bill that even starts to support your claim.

I wonder why.
Since you posted that calling someone stupid is not name calling, hey STUPID, I posted the link to the Lyin' Ryan bill, are you blind as well as STUPID?

Hey STUPID, I was not talking to you. If I had replied to you and asked why you had not posted a link you might have a point.

Greenbeard always supplies links when he thinks he is right, and actually supplies the exact quotes to back up his point. He does this because he is actually a shill that is posting for the DNC, and has a research staff available to help him find things, which is why he was actually able to link to Obamacare, and quote the sections he liked, immediately after the 2000 page bill was posted.

Since he did not do so here, I know he is blowing hot air. You are just a partisan hack, which is why I did not challenge you to back up anything you said. I usually ignore you because I know you have no understanding of anything that we are talking about.
The fact remains, in spite of your rationalization, the link to the Lyin' Ryan raise the debt ceiling $9 trillion and replace Medicare with a voucher bill was posted in this very thread and you were too STUPID to click on it, no matter who posted it.

Probably standard Ryan fare: end Medicare, slash Medicaid, eliminate the top tax brackets. Oh, and raise the debt ceiling $9 trillion so we don't get too many questions about why his "plan" continues to deficit spend.

When did Ryan ever advocate ending Medicare? Who was it who slashed $500B from Medicare? Hint, it wasn't Ryan.
Had we simply adopted the Ryan plan we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.
You didn't like it that Obama cut $500,000,000,000. in payoffs to private insurance that was coming from Medicare? Very interesting.

I didnt find it credible because every time they cut Medicare like that they always go back and make the "doc fix". So there was no cut at all, only a proposed one. That is what Democrats do: propose stuff they never follow through on. Republicans actually do stuff.

You think that just by retaining the name, that means Medicare can't be ended.

And you're serious...

Remember Rabbi is the same person who

- Thinks a good solution for people without health insurance is using Power of attorney. :confused:

- That black people can't be good leaders simply because of their skin color :cool:

- And that an increase of 10% of people to 15% of people is somehow NOT an increase of 50%

So yeah, only caring that its still called Medicare is right up Rabbis alley.

Shockingly you cannot support anything you write there.
In fact Ryan's plan assures that Medicare can continue to offer medical insurance to elderly people who would otherwise find themselves without care. Unlike Obama's plan, which will cut reimbursements to the point where no doctor will accept it.

Sure I can, it's right in my signature.

With Ryan's plan, those who become eligible for Medicare starting 2021 they will be directed to private insurance companies and they will get a voucher for $8000 to help pay for their premiums. After that the annual increase in the vouchers will be based on the CPI (Consumer Price Index). The CPI is used to measure inflation but it leaves out the increased prices of food and energy. Also, the cost of health care has risen 3 to 4 times the rate of the growth of the CPI, so over the years those on Medicare will be paying more and more of their annual premiums.
Because of this, Ryan got really badgered at his town hall meeting and eventually stopped having them because he had no defense.

Shockingly you cannot support anything you write there.
In fact Ryan's plan assures that Medicare can continue to offer medical insurance to elderly people who would otherwise find themselves without care. Unlike Obama's plan, which will cut reimbursements to the point where no doctor will accept it.

Ryan's plan doesn't allow Medicare to offer insurance to anyone new beginning in 2021. Indeed, those whose health insurance at that point is provided by Medicare will be gently pushed out of the program (yes, in part by a dwindling provider network). With enrollment halted forever, Medicare is left to be phased out by attrition.

The key concept behind Ryan's proposal is that Medicare will not offer insurance anymore, instead forcing seniors to go buy it in the private market. How are you unaware of this?

I didnt find it credible because every time they cut Medicare like that they always go back and make the "doc fix". So there was no cut at all, only a proposed one. That is what Democrats do: propose stuff they never follow through on. Republicans actually do stuff.

A little history for you. The SGR formula was created by the Republicans in the Balanced Budget Act of 1997. The annual manual override of it was kicked off by Republican Congresses beginning in 2003.

Tell us again how they "actually do stuff."

Since you posted that calling someone stupid is not name calling, hey STUPID, I posted the link to the Lyin' Ryan bill, are you blind as well as STUPID?

Hey STUPID, I was not talking to you. If I had replied to you and asked why you had not posted a link you might have a point.

Greenbeard always supplies links when he thinks he is right, and actually supplies the exact quotes to back up his point. He does this because he is actually a shill that is posting for the DNC, and has a research staff available to help him find things, which is why he was actually able to link to Obamacare, and quote the sections he liked, immediately after the 2000 page bill was posted.

Since he did not do so here, I know he is blowing hot air. You are just a partisan hack, which is why I did not challenge you to back up anything you said. I usually ignore you because I know you have no understanding of anything that we are talking about.
The fact remains, in spite of your rationalization, the link to the Lyin' Ryan raise the debt ceiling $9 trillion and replace Medicare with a voucher bill was posted in this very thread and you were too STUPID to click on it, no matter who posted it.

Sure it was.

Ryan's plan doesn't allow Medicare to offer insurance to anyone new beginning in 2021. Indeed, those whose health insurance at that point is provided by Medicare will be gently pushed out of the program (yes, in part by a dwindling provider network). With enrollment halted forever, Medicare is left to be phased out by attrition.

The key concept behind Ryan's proposal is that Medicare will not offer insurance anymore, instead forcing seniors to go buy it in the private market. How are you unaware of this?

Still no links or direct quotes? Again, I wonder why.

Sure it was.
Like I said, you're too STUPID to click on a link already posted. I posted the link in reply to the Rabid Rabbit.

I love to hear Republican code and figuring out the actual message. Paul Ryan was still hawking his main talking points starting out with Democrats won't negotiate, be flexible or give an inch and pushing the two main aspects of his economic "plan".

Number one was "Health Care":

"We need to move our Health Care to the private sector to "save money"."

So we move the Medicare and possibly the VA to Health Care companies. Remember, these companies don't actually do anything "medical". They don't own hospitals or employ doctors or nurses. They are "middle men" only. They skim money off insurance policies for their "fair share" for "doing the paperwork". This is how they are able to pay a CEO bonus for Aetna or Chigna more than $100,000,000.00 or even more. Sometimes much more.

These companies make their profit by figuring out legal ways of denying care to people who become sick. One of their favorite ways is to declare a "pre existing condition" like having an allergy or having a mammogram in the last six months, or having had your tonsils out as a child. All of these have been used as "pre existing conditions with links to reputable sites proving that having been posted here many times. This was why "pre existing conditions" was spelled out in the Health Care Bill.

The worst part about Ryan's Plan (now the Republican's Plan) is that it ends up costing America so much more in many ways. If people don't have health care, and certainly seniors won't using a "voucher" plan, their "health care" becomes "emergency room" care at many times the cost. Care that's provided by the tax payer, but at 10 times or more the cost. That's the main point and the one point he is never asked.

Then Chris Wallace asked if "Revenues are on the table" and Ryan said "yes" and this is how:

The second code is "Broaden the tax base" to raise revenue.

Then he describes the plan. Lower rates, close loopholes, broaden the tax base. Sounds easy, but what does it really mean?

Lower rates - he means on the wealthy because they are the "job creators".

Close Loopholes - lower rates and close loopholes together means with some fancy book keeping, you can say you made the tax code easier and more manageable and stopped the richest Americans from using the loopholes, only you lowered their rates so they are paying the same "or less".

Broaden the tax base - that means moving a larger share of the tax burden to the poor and the middle class. Exactly the opposite of what everyone except the very richest, like Paul Ryan, want. Lower rates and broaden the tax base - code for move the burden from the rich to the rest of America. That's what it means. Clear as shiny new glass.

So Republicans may run on "code", but Democrats have to translate "shyster code" to "plain English". Republicans say, "Let America decide". Yea, tell the truth and let America decide. If the polls are any indication, some have already made up their minds. Let's see how well Republicans sell their "Lemon Stew".

A shyster is slang word for someone who acts in a disreputable, unethical, or unscrupulous way, especially in the practice of law, politics and business.

Shyster? Fifty percent of those of us who pay FEDERAL INCOME TAX have to lug the other 50% of you leeches around and you want to call us "shysters"?

DUMB ass:cuckoo:

Social Security is paid for? You're a fucking moron. Paid for? LOL We have to borrow to pay current benefits! How is that paid for?

"I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it" Barack "Social Security Really is Bankrupt" Obama

goddammit but you're dumb. social security, by law, cannot add to the debt. it does not currently - and there is no provision for social security to borrow money in any way shape or form.

get educated.

Social Security is paid for? You're a fucking moron. Paid for? LOL We have to borrow to pay current benefits! How is that paid for?

"I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it" Barack "Social Security Really is Bankrupt" Obama

goddammit but you're dumb. social security, by law, cannot add to the debt. it does not currently - and there is no provision for social security to borrow money in any way shape or form.

get educated.

Social Security purchases treasuries. That, believe it or not, is borrowing money.

Libfucks only killed the economy.

Wait until the majority sees what you did...

You fucks better find a rock to hide underneath.

Medicare will be demolished when the Dem Health Care Debacle kicks in. Are they really blaming Ryan for that? Man,the Left just needs to get more informed. They need to slow down on their HuffPoop & MSLSD Talking Points.

You mean "Romneycare"?

get educated.

Social Security purchases treasuries. That, believe it or not, is borrowing money.
Hey STUPID, that is the government borrowing FROM Social Security!!!!
It is SS LENDING money!!!
:asshole:

get educated.

no. that is loaning money.

get educated.

Add to the debt????????????? :eek: OMFG You're wrong it the Trillions column!!! If it were a real trust fund would it buy unsaleable securities??!! You don't even know how fucked you are!

Bernie Madoff wishes he had the deal SocSec does

Towards the end of the interview Ryan said he wouldn't be adverse to increasing revenue IF the spending cuts outpaced that by a 3 or 4 to 1 ration AND he believed Obama and Dems got serious about addressing the entitlement programs. Not raising taxes perse, but instead reforming the tax code to eliminate or reduce loopholes, tax breaks, and subsidies. I'd be okay with that, but his point is well taken - I wouldn't be for giving more money to the federal gov't so they can spend it on yet another temporary spending program that results in a temporary bump in employment but doesn't fix the underlying structural problems.

The dems don't understand what some repubs and all TEA PARTY want to accomplish. We care about the elderly, all of us have relatives that need Social Security and medicare we just want to make it sustainable . Do we seem pro business? Yes. Business are the ONLY thing we have that create jobs that give us tax revenue. Government jobs eat revenue, private business jobs generate revenue. If we lower taxes and regulations on business they will create more jobs. They want to create more jobs, it makes them money and generates tax revenue. If you want more revenue don;t tax the few people that have jobs at a higher rate, create more private industry jobs that will generate more revenue. If we get the government out of the way jobs will be created. When we have 100% unemployment all of our economic problems will go away. This isn't likely to happen as long a obama tries to regulate every aspect of every business and make it too risky for businesses to expand so unless he is willing to change his way there will be no change in sight. Don't blame the TEA PARTY for obamas lack of ability to generate tax revenue.

You could have everyone working for 51 cents an hour like they do in China and that would end unemployment. But would you really want to live in such a country?
Quick sucking the toes of private business. They are making more money that ever and NOT creating more jobs. How do you think that's being done?

If you actually questioned your talking points, you might figure out how to say something meaningful. Go learn something.

As far as regulation, let's deregulate every fucking thing. Drive your family around in a car built without regulation. Live in a house without regulation. Give your kid a glass of milk. Unregulated milk. They do that in China.

2 face execution over China milk scandal

bd3138f3-0cf9-4006-a36e-78a7dc658430.grid-6x2.jpg

Zheng Shuzhen, center, the grandmother of a baby who died after drinking tainted milk, cries outside a court in Shijiazhuang, China, on Thursday. Although the chairwoman of the firm at the center of the scandal was jailed, Zheng said the sentence didn't "lessen our hate" for her.

What did our country do to deserve these ignorant right wingers? I vote we let them secede and refuse to give them the foreign aid they will undoubtedly beg for.

Forum List

Back