Paul Ryan on Fox with Chris Wallace: What he's really saying?

Medicare will be demolished when the Dem Health Care Debacle kicks in. Are they really blaming Ryan for that? Man,the Left just needs to get more informed. They need to slow down on their HuffPoop & MSLSD Talking Points.

When did Ryan ever advocate ending Medicare? Who was it who slashed $500B from Medicare? Hint, it wasn't Ryan.
Had we simply adopted the Ryan plan we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

Here comes Rabbi's semantics games. His plan ends Medicare. Just because you're only concerned with what it is called and not how it functions doesn't mean "Medicare" isn't essentially ending under his plan.

Really? What does it replace with? What is the new plan called?
Oh yeah. There is still a plan called Medicare.
Thanks for proving that your entire argument is based upon what the plan is called and not what it does...exactly like I said. :clap2:

It still provides more or less what the present one provides. It functions in a manner that will guarantee its solvency down the road, unlike Obama's plan that guarantees the opposite.

"More or less". LOL. Thanks.

As long as its called Medicare, its all good, right?

When did Ryan ever advocate ending Medicare? Who was it who slashed $500B from Medicare? Hint, it wasn't Ryan.
Had we simply adopted the Ryan plan we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

Here comes Rabbi's semantics games. His plan ends Medicare. Just because you're only concerned with what it is called and not how it functions doesn't mean "Medicare" isn't essentially ending under his plan.

Oh yeah. There is still a plan called Medicare. It still provides more or less what the present one provides. It functions in a manner that will guarantee its solvency down the road, unlike Obama's plan that guarantees the opposite.
Boy have you been snookered. But no one accused you of being the smartest guy in the room. Even when you're alone.

You think that just by retaining the name, that means Medicare can't be ended.

And you're serious...

Oh yeah. There is still a plan called Medicare. It still provides more or less what the present one provides. It functions in a manner that will guarantee its solvency down the road, unlike Obama's plan that guarantees the opposite.
Boy have you been snookered. But no one accused you of being the smartest guy in the room. Even when you're alone.

And you're serious...

Remember Rabbi is the same person who

- Thinks a good solution for people without health insurance is using Power of attorney. :confused:

- That black people can't be good leaders simply because of their skin color :cool:

- And that an increase of 10% of people to 15% of people is somehow NOT an increase of 50%

So yeah, only caring that its still called Medicare is right up Rabbis alley.

VoucherCare, though RyanCare would also be acceptable.

Link?
"A premium support payment" sure sounds like a VOUCHER to pay the premium on a private health insurance plan.

Bill Text - 112th Congress (2011-2012) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
H.CON.RES.34

SEC. 501. POLICY STATEMENT ON MEDICARE.

(2) For future generations, when they reach eligibility, Medicare is reformed to provide a premium support payment and a selection of guaranteed health coverage options from which recipients can choose a plan that best suits their needs.

The dems don't understand what some repubs and all TEA PARTY want to accomplish. We care about the elderly, all of us have relatives that need Social Security and medicare we just want to make it sustainable . Do we seem pro business? Yes. Business are the ONLY thing we have that create jobs that give us tax revenue. Government jobs eat revenue, private business jobs generate revenue. If we lower taxes and regulations on business they will create more jobs. They want to create more jobs, it makes them money and generates tax revenue. If you want more revenue don;t tax the few people that have jobs at a higher rate, create more private industry jobs that will generate more revenue. If we get the government out of the way jobs will be created. When we have 100% unemployment all of our economic problems will go away. This isn't likely to happen as long a obama tries to regulate every aspect of every business and make it too risky for businesses to expand so unless he is willing to change his way there will be no change in sight. Don't blame the TEA PARTY for obamas lack of ability to generate tax revenue.

We cannot trust the government with our health, they broke SocSecurity, how can we trust them with Medicare?

See what I mean about right wingers?

"Broaden the tax base IS move more of the burden to the middle class".

According to the CBO broadening the tax base is code for eliminating subsidies and loopholes while lowering the tax rate. This should actually result in higher taxes across the board.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/50xx/doc5028/doc09-Part06.pdf

You obviously have the wrong decoder ring.

A voucher program with him saying he wants to move Medicare to "for profit" companies IS moving Medicare to "for profit" companies.

Kind of like the highly popular Medicare Advantage program that Democrats want to eliminate because it actually works?

And right wingers call me names. They call me liar. The scream and rant, or say, "I refuse to read it".

I did not say I refuse to read it, I said I doubt I read 6% of it. I stopped reading when you claimed to be able to decode Ryan's words.

Turns out I was right.

But not a single one can say where I'm wrong. No right winger can say, "Republicans want to help elderly Americans". No right winger can say, "Republicans want to support the Middle Class".

I have pointed out where you are wrong so many times I have carpal tunnel. Yet you keep coming back and posting the same stupid lies over and over again.

Not a one. Not a single one.

Does this mean I am officially not a right-winger?

So go ahead. Call me names. It's code for "We hate you for being right". If only they were ashamed of what their party is doing. And I thought monsters didn't really exist.

FYI, pointing out you are stupid is not calling you names.

When did Ryan ever advocate ending Medicare?

In the budget resolution that was jammed through the House in April.

Who was it who slashed $500B from Medicare? Hint, it wasn't Ryan.
I think I understand your constant confusion about Ryan's budget now: you're completely unfamiliar with it. Yes, Ryan's budget contains the exact same Medicare spending reductions as the ACA (how else do you think he finds savings in the 10-year budget window? He makes sure not to actually launch the elimination of Medicare until the second decade, on the assumption he can keep current seniors in the Republican fold by delaying the end of Medicare). The difference is that he then goes substantially further and forbids anyone from enrolling in Medicare ever again after a certain point, beginning the end of Medicare. Instead of receiving access to public health insurance ("Medicare"), seniors are forced to look for private insurance (e.g. Aetna or Anthem, etc). Bold stuff. You should probably read it at some point.

The amazing thing about your post is you make it sound like you actually know what you are talking about. I note one glaring thing though, no actual link to any site that shows the actual text of the Ryan bill that even starts to support your claim.

I wonder why.

Probably standard Ryan fare: end Medicare, slash Medicaid, eliminate the top tax brackets. Oh, and raise the debt ceiling $9 trillion so we don't get too many questions about why his "plan" continues to deficit spend.

Why do you idiots keep asking that?

Because no one has ever managed to explain how shifting what Medicare does is an end to Medicare. Coming from the same people that argue that Obamacare does not take over health care it is mindbogglingly opaque.

When did Ryan ever advocate ending Medicare?

Who was it who slashed $500B from Medicare? Hint, it wasn't Ryan.
I think I understand your constant confusion about Ryan's budget now: you're completely unfamiliar with it. Yes, Ryan's budget contains the exact same Medicare spending reductions as the ACA (how else do you think he finds savings in the 10-year budget window? He makes sure not to actually launch the elimination of Medicare until the second decade, on the assumption he can keep current seniors in the Republican fold by delaying the end of Medicare). The difference is that he then goes substantially further and forbids anyone from enrolling in Medicare ever again after a certain point, beginning the end of Medicare. Instead of receiving access to public health insurance ("Medicare"), seniors are forced to look for private insurance (e.g. Aetna or Anthem, etc). Bold stuff. You should probably read it at some point.

The amazing thing about your post is you make it sound like you actually know what you are talking about. I note one glaring thing though, no actual link to any site that shows the actual text of the Ryan bill that even starts to support your claim.

I wonder why.
Since you posted that calling someone stupid is not name calling, hey STUPID, I posted the link to the Lyin' Ryan bill, are you blind as well as STUPID?

Last edited:

Why do you idiots keep asking that?

Because no one has ever managed to explain how shifting what Medicare does is an end to Medicare. Coming from the same people that argue that Obamacare does not take over health care it is mindbogglingly opaque.

It's because they lie about everything

I wonder why.
Since you posted that calling someone stupid is not name calling, hey STUPID, I posted the link to the Lyin' Ryan bill, are you blind as well as STUPID?

Hey STUPID, I was not talking to you. If I had replied to you and asked why you had not posted a link you might have a point.

Greenbeard always supplies links when he thinks he is right, and actually supplies the exact quotes to back up his point. He does this because he is actually a shill that is posting for the DNC, and has a research staff available to help him find things, which is why he was actually able to link to Obamacare, and quote the sections he liked, immediately after the 2000 page bill was posted.

Since he did not do so here, I know he is blowing hot air. You are just a partisan hack, which is why I did not challenge you to back up anything you said. I usually ignore you because I know you have no understanding of anything that we are talking about.

And you're serious...

Remember Rabbi is the same person who

- Thinks a good solution for people without health insurance is using Power of attorney. :confused:

- That black people can't be good leaders simply because of their skin color :cool:

- And that an increase of 10% of people to 15% of people is somehow NOT an increase of 50%

So yeah, only caring that its still called Medicare is right up Rabbis alley.

Shockingly you cannot support anything you write there.
In fact Ryan's plan assures that Medicare can continue to offer medical insurance to elderly people who would otherwise find themselves without care. Unlike Obama's plan, which will cut reimbursements to the point where no doctor will accept it.

Paul Ryan on Fox with Chris Wallace: What he's really saying?

Probably standard Ryan fare: end Medicare, slash Medicaid, eliminate the top tax brackets. Oh, and raise the debt ceiling $9 trillion so we don't get too many questions about why his "plan" continues to deficit spend.

You didn't like it that Obama cut $500,000,000,000. in payoffs to private insurance that was coming from Medicare? Very interesting.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back