Paul Ryan on Fox with Chris Wallace: What he's really saying?

Social Security is paid for? You're a fucking moron. Paid for? LOL We have to borrow to pay current benefits! How is that paid for?

"I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it" Barack "Social Security Really is Bankrupt" Obama

goddammit but you're dumb. social security, by law, cannot add to the debt. it does not currently - and there is no provision for social security to borrow money in any way shape or form.

get educated.

Social Security purchases treasuries. That, believe it or not, is borrowing money.

No it isn't, you retard. That is LOANING money.

jeezus, just when you think the rightwingers on this site can't be any more retarded.

Add to the debt????????????? :eek: OMFG You're wrong it the Trillions column!!! If it were a real trust fund would it buy unsaleable securities??!! You don't even know how fucked you are!

Bernie Madoff wishes he had the deal SocSec does
how is it that you believe social security has added to our current debt?

please, share your wisdom.

Because its the Biggest Financial Fraud in History!

It takes in money its supposed to invest and instead buys securities with no value! That's why Obama said he had to borrow to pay current obligations! He didn't say, "Social security beneficiaries need not worry about their checks because we'll just sell some of the assets in the trust fund"

It's adds to the debt because it's a fraud and can only pay obligations by issuing more debt

If people were the least bit financially literate, there would be blood in the streets

You do realize that the bonds SS buys pay interest, right?

Because its the Biggest Financial Fraud in History!

It takes in money its supposed to invest and instead buys securities with no value! That's why Obama said he had to borrow to pay current obligations! He didn't say, "Social security beneficiaries need not worry about their checks because we'll just sell some of the assets in the trust fund"

It's adds to the debt because it's a fraud and can only pay obligations by issuing more debt

If people were the least bit financially literate, there would be blood in the streets

you really do just eat up the am airwaves, don't you? what's it like to let three college drop outs do your thinking for you?

last year social security did take in less in taxes than it paid out. it made up the difference in interest payments. it did not in any way add to our debt.

and we could not have sold off the treasury bonds. they are non-marketable, but they are still backed by the full faith and credit of the united states. however, the assumption is that we would have paid other creditors first had we decided to default on our debt and social security would have got the short end of the stick.

but the fact remains social security has not ever added one dime to our debt, and is in fact barred by law from doing so.

I do my own research, which is why I know I'm right.

As for the "airwaves", I listen only to Rush and only when driving which maybe on average about an hour every 2 weeks. I understand that you Progressive hate the airwaves and are in a world of hurt since losing your media monopoly and that's just too fucking bad. Stop lying about everything and stop being wrong in the trillions column and you won't feel so threatened by these airwaves you fear.

You either didn't understand or can't answer the Fidelity Bond Fund/Social Security Madoff Fund Analogy, either way I don't care. I explained to you why you're wrong, I'm not repeating it

in what world do you think you've tried to explain anything? you tell me that social security has added to our debt - i tell you that by law it can't and hasn't.

you try to pretend that by loaning the government money it's contributing to the debt. i point out that it doesn't matter who bought the bonds, the buyer is in no way contributing to the debt.

you try to pretend that social security is somehow borrowing money to pay its benefits - again, i point out that by law it can't.

whether the bonds are marketable or not doesn't really matter. they're backed by the full faith and credit of the united states, and unless we choose to destroy that credit there isn't a problem.

oh, and one more thing - unless social security has the liquid assets to pay benefits - it can't. it cannot borrow money in any way, shape, or form.

now if you want to say that social security is unsustainable as is, or that it is in need of reform to make sure that the day it can't pay benefits never comes is a different argument.

the one you are making just doesn't hold water.

do some research. you'll find that you are not, in fact, right.

goddammit but you're dumb. social security, by law, cannot add to the debt. it does not currently - and there is no provision for social security to borrow money in any way shape or form.

get educated.

Social Security purchases treasuries. That, believe it or not, is borrowing money.
Hey STUPID, that is the government borrowing FROM Social Security!!!!
It is SS LENDING money!!!
:asshole:

It is illegal for the government to borrow from Social Security, just ask anyone.

how is it that you believe social security has added to our current debt?

please, share your wisdom.

Try going to the treasury web site. look up debt. Then look up who is holding the debt.

Thanks for playing.

so... by loaning the money social security is adding to the debt?

is that really what you're saying?

No, by borrowing the money the government is adding to the debt. That is why, despite the claims that the budget was balanced under Clinton, the debt went up every single year.

You are so full of shit it squeezes out your nostrils. I've never seen you right about anything. You don't research. You don't post links. You just say you're right. That makes you a right winger because that's what THEY do.

You apparently missed the link I posted in my reply to you. Here it is again.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/50xx/doc5028/doc09-Part06.pdf

"It's bad enough that Republicans are doing everything they can to protect tax breaks for millionaires and special interests, but the fact that the Republican idea of shared sacrifice means going after the those who are struggling the most is completely reprehensible," Shah said.

Hatch Saying Poor Need To Do More To Shrink The Debt

------------------------------------------------

http://blogs.roanoke.com/dancasey/2011/07/sen-orrin-hatch-says-we-should-tax-the-poor/

He said that the poor of our country should “share some of the responsibility” for paying down the national debt.

That sounds good on its face — until you look at what has happened in this country for most of the last 40 years: The leaders of our nation have systematically lowered taxes on the wealthiest citizens in the land by large amounts, and on the poor and middle class by small amounts, while cutting welfare and other services to the neediest and passing sky-high increases in defense budgets.

------------------------------------------------

In lamenting what she calls the "job-killing tax code," Bachmann points the finger at all these poverty-stricken people living it up, spending their minimum wage on slices of American cheese and Wonder Bread.

"Part of the problem is today, only 53 percent pay any federal income tax at all -- 47 percent pay nothing," Bachmann says. "We need to broaden the base so that everybody pays something, even if it's a dollar."

Bachmann thinks poor people need to pay income taxes [VIDEO] - Minneapolis News

I can post links to blogs, but I will skip that since you obviously cannot, or will not, read. I will make it easy and post a video instead.

Watch it, it is remotely possible you will come away more intelligent.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkebmhTQN-4"]‪Afterburner with Bill Whittle: Rich Man, Poor Man‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

get educated.

No it isn't, you retard. That is LOANING money.

jeezus, just when you think the rightwingers on this site can't be any more retarded.

In order for someone to borrow, someone has to lend. Can you show me how the lending money to itself is not the government borrowing.

Forum List

Back