Paul Ryan On Conservative Criticism Of Mitt Romney: It's In Their Nature To Complain

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Paul Ryan On Conservative Criticism Of Mitt Romney: It's In Their Nature To Complain

GOP vice-presidential nominee Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) hit back against conservative critics of the GOP ticket in an interview with the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Saturday night.

"A, we still have a ways to go. We still have a lot left that we're planning on doing," he said. "B, I think that's just what conservatives do by nature. I think that's just the nature of conservative punditry is to do that -- to kind of complain -- about any imperfection they might see."

Great admission, but why doesn't he include himself?

To define legitimate political opposition to a policy or a politician as "complaining" is just damned silly.

But I have come to such expect rhetorical silliness from the right wing.

Great admission, but why doesn't he include himself?
He's more the student of economic$.

"....the two streams—the furious Tea Party rebels and Ryan the earnest budget geek—both spring from the same source. And it is to that source that you must look if you want to understand what Ryan is really after, and what makes these activists so angry.

The Tea Party began early in 2009 after an improvised rant by Rick Santelli, a CNBC commentator who called for an uprising to protest the Obama administration’s subsidizing the “losers’ mortgages.” Video of his diatribe rocketed around the country, and protesters quickly adopted both his call for a tea party and his general abhorrence of government that took from the virtuous and the successful and gave to the poor, the uninsured, the bankrupt—in short, the losers. It sounded harsh, Santelli quickly conceded, but “at the end of the day I’m an Ayn Rander

Ayn Rand, of course, was a kind of politicized L. Ron Hubbard—a novelist-philosopher who inspired a cult of acolytes who deem her the greatest human being who ever lived.

The enduring heart of Rand’s totalistic philosophy was Marxism flipped upside down.

Rand viewed the capitalists, not the workers, as the producers of all wealth, and the workers, not the capitalists, as useless parasites."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai_bOYJLwYs]Germany national anthem.(1936) - YouTube[/ame]​

Forum List

Back