Paul Ryan is Caught in a Lie

If you'd like to see the entire quote, which I didn't catch in Comrade Larry's piece, here it is:

“I reject her philosophy. It’s an atheist philosophy. It reduces human interactions down to mere contracts and it is antithetical to my worldview. If somebody is going to try to paste a person’s view on epistemology to me, then give me Thomas Aquinas. Don’t give me Ayn Rand.”

He clearly qualifies his statement to reflect his opposition to Rand's philosophy as respects to epistemology. Ryan has always supported and continues to support Rand/Hayek/Mises like ideas on economics and government.

It is reasonable to support some ideas of another person but not all, is it not? After all, MLK was a known philanderer. If you stand against cheating on your wife, does that mean your support of King's other ideas makes you hypocritical, much less a liar?

Geez guys, read the whole quote, in context, before you launch off on some lefty circle jerk.

Ahh - the "they all do it" defense! A golden oldie.

No defense.

They're all skeezes.
I'm sorry you're just learning this.

Saw a thread, earlier, mentioning a "6 term republican senator".
"6 term" should never happen. It's exactly what's wrong with the gears in this machine.
While you are not defending it, you are trying to mitigate Paul Ryan's lie.

For the past 4 years I've heard the left-leaning posters "mitigate" Obama's questionable relationships.

I'd love to vote for someone that hasn't lied. Really I would.

But, WYGD
:D

Paul Ryan erases Ayn Rand from the picture | Jay Bookman

“Ayn Rand, more than anybody else, did a fantastic job explaining the morality of capitalism, the morality of individualism, and that, to me, is what matters most.”

And:

“The reason I got involved in public service, by and large, if I had to credit one thinker, one person, it would be Ayn Rand.”

That’s all Paul Ryan, folks.

Now, as to this Thomas Aquinas fellow to whom Ryan suddenly and conveniently pledges such allegiance. If the budget chairman truly has begun to study the works of St. Thomas, such as his 13th century classic Summa Theologica, that’s great. He will have much to gain from the experience.

Regarding this alleged “urban myth,” for example, Aquinas might remind Ryan that “A lie is evil … it is unnatural and undue for anyone to signify by words something that is not in his mind.”

reminds me of all the conservative adulterers who went after Clinton

How does he think he was going to get away with this? Has he never heard of tape recorders?

Republicans are exempt from all normal laws of human conduct. They will lie to your face and then contradict themselves seconds later right in front of you, because they enjoy rubbing in your face that they hold power and you don't. That's what kind of people they are.

No defense.

They're all skeezes.
I'm sorry you're just learning this.

Saw a thread, earlier, mentioning a "6 term republican senator".
"6 term" should never happen. It's exactly what's wrong with the gears in this machine.
While you are not defending it, you are trying to mitigate Paul Ryan's lie.

For the past 4 years I've heard the left-leaning posters "mitigate" Obama's questionable relationships.

I'd love to vote for someone that hasn't lied. Really I would.

But, WYGD
:D

Obama had a fleeting acquaintance with a college professor named Bill Ayers, not a terrorist named Bill Ayers. There is no evidence that Obama knew anything about Ayers previous history when they met. Jack Nicholson did not know that his mother was really his grandmother, and his sister was really his mother, until a reporter told him in the 1980s.

There is no evidence that Obama heard anything controversial from Rev. Wright during the services he attended. Just because he was a member of a church for 20 years doesn't mean that he actually showed up at the church. Just like Reagan. Just like Bush.

But in this case, there is evidence: Paul Ryan's actual words, caught on tape, exposing him as a liar.

Rob Zerban 2012

Isn't it interesting that this thread has 52 views, and no replies? :lol:

I guess some Republican liars are indefensible to even the most wingnuttery wingnuts!

It's old news, dipstick. The issue has already been discussed ad nauseum.

Isn't it interesting that this thread has 52 views, and no replies? :lol:

I guess some Republican liars are indefensible to even the most wingnuttery wingnuts!

It's old news, dipstick. The issue has already been discussed ad nauseum.

yeah, yeah, yeah...then stfu about it wilya? :lol:

Ryan is a lying fuck.

How does he think he was going to get away with this? Has he never heard of tape recorders?

Republicans are exempt from all normal laws of human conduct. They will lie to your face and then contradict themselves seconds later right in front of you, because they enjoy rubbing in your face that they hold power and you don't. That's what kind of people they are.

Remember this famous quote from Obama when asked if the Dims would consider Republican Amendments to the ACA?

"I won."

Totally pathetic.
I mean, it isn't like Ryan attended a church and heard weekly sermons denouncing whites and Jews or anything and then claimed he knew nothing about it.

I would start a thread on lies Obama and the Democrats told but bandwidth is limited.

No it's not like he did that at all. Instead, he said he grew up on Ayn Rand, that it was Ayn Rand that inspired him to public service and he said to even WORK in his office, his workers were REQUIRED to read her collected works.

He not only follows the philosophy of Ayn Rand, he ACTIVELY seeks to indoctrinate others with her me first and only, greed based, anti religion philosophy.

So no it's not like he attended a church and listened, he did SO much more.

Remember this famous quote from Obama when asked if the Dims would consider Republican Amendments to the ACA?

"I won."

No, I don't. I have no idea what you're talking about, and I'm starting to wonder if you do either.

I always assume Ryan is lying when I see his lips moving - as with most wingnuts.

yeah, it's like they're all a bunch of Bill-O's

Previously, O'Reilly Factor host Bill O'Reilly similarly falsely claimed that "the Democrats in charge of the finance committees" resisted efforts by the Bush administration to regulate the mortgage industry and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in particular.

As Media Matters for America has repeatedly noted, in early 2007, as the new chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, Frank sponsored H.R. 1427, a bill to create the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA), granting that agency "general supervisory and regulatory authority over" Fannie and Freddie and directing it to reform the companies' business practices and regulate their exposure to credit and market risk.

The FHFA was eventually created after Congress incorporated provisions that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said were "similar" to those of H.R. 1427 into the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008, which Bush signed into law on July 30, 2008.

Morris falsely claimed Frank "killed" Bush's "proposed measures to rein in Fannie Mae" | Media Matters for America

and notice when they attack mediamatters, they rarely if ever address the facts

If you'd like to see the entire quote, which I didn't catch in Comrade Larry's piece, here it is:

“I reject her philosophy. It’s an atheist philosophy. It reduces human interactions down to mere contracts and it is antithetical to my worldview. If somebody is going to try to paste a person’s view on epistemology to me, then give me Thomas Aquinas. Don’t give me Ayn Rand.”

He clearly qualifies his statement to reflect his opposition to Rand's philosophy as respects to epistemology. Ryan has always supported and continues to support Rand/Hayek/Mises like ideas on economics and government.

It is reasonable to support some ideas of another person but not all, is it not? After all, MLK was a known philanderer. If you stand against cheating on your wife, does that mean your support of King's other ideas makes you hypocritical, much less a liar?

Geez guys, read the whole quote, in context, before you launch off on some lefty circle jerk.

The whole quote is WORSE! Because NOTHING Ryan has ever said falls in line with the words of Thomas Aquinas

Man should not consider his material possession his own, but as common to all, so as to share them without hesitation when others are in need.

Read more at Thomas Aquinas Quotes - Page 2 - BrainyQuote

Aquinas was a collectivist! The audio of Ryan speaking at the Atlas group function clearly has him denouncing collectivism.

The full quote only doubles down on the lie.

Last edited:
I always assume Ryan is lying when I see his lips moving - as with most wingnuts.

Previously, O'Reilly Factor host Bill O'Reilly similarly falsely claimed that "the Democrats in charge of the finance committees" resisted efforts by the Bush administration to regulate the mortgage industry and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in particular.

As Media Matters for America has repeatedly noted, in early 2007, as the new chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, Frank sponsored H.R. 1427, a bill to create the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA), granting that agency "general supervisory and regulatory authority over" Fannie and Freddie and directing it to reform the companies' business practices and regulate their exposure to credit and market risk.

The FHFA was eventually created after Congress incorporated provisions that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said were "similar" to those of H.R. 1427 into the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008, which Bush signed into law on July 30, 2008.

Morris falsely claimed Frank "killed" Bush's "proposed measures to rein in Fannie Mae" | Media Matters for America

They hate Media Matters because Media Matters backs their shit up with facts and live source links, much like Think Progress.

This is awesome. :lol:

The Last Word - Paul Ryan rewrites Paul Ryan - YouTube

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Wow! Double wow!

Any media outlet that doesn't back the NeoCon Ministry of Truth Newspeak is obviously a left wing propaganda machine.

Since this is such a major flip-flop for Ryan, I suspect he's seeking the VP slot on Romney's flip-flopper ticket. Ryan is showing Romney that he has the right stuff...

Forum List

Back