Paul Ryan Insists He Didn’t Take Stimulus Money, Then Realizes He Totally Did

when will you republicans learn your being played by a party that doesnt give a shit about you

Ryan now says he did seek economic stimulus money - The Denver Post

The congressman's denial came as new audio surfaced of Ryan telling Boston's WBZ Radio two years ago that he "did not ask for stimulus money" in response to a caller's question about the recovery program. "I'm not one who votes for something and then writes to the government to ask them to send us money," Ryan said. The exchange was first reported Thursday by The Boston Globe.

But a year earlier in his request to Chu for funds for the Wisconsin Energy Conservation Corp. Ryan said the stimulus cash would help his state create thousands of new jobs, save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

Read more: Ryan now says he did seek economic stimulus money - The Denver Post Ryan now says he did seek economic stimulus money - The Denver Post
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: Terms of Use - The Denver Post
LMAO you truly are stupid......

Ryan responds...
Thursday, Ryan responded to the questions himself.

"After having these letters called to my attention I checked into them, and they were treated as constituent service requests in the same way matters involving Social Security or Veterans Affairs are handled," Ryan said in a statement. "This is why I didn't recall the letters earlier. But they should have been handled differently, and I take responsibility for that.

"Regardless, it's clear that the Obama stimulus did nothing to stimulate the economy, and now the President is asking to do it all over again."

Sorry, but I don't expect a Congressman to recall every request he signs for 'constituent services'. Every politician's website has a link for these services, and they get FLOODED with requests.

It just goes to show how desperate the Left is to find some kind of dirt on the opposition.

The congressman's denial came as new audio surfaced of Ryan telling Boston's WBZ Radio two years ago that he "did not ask for stimulus money" in response to a caller's question about the recovery program. "I'm not one who votes for something and then writes to the government to ask them to send us money," Ryan said. The exchange was first reported Thursday by The Boston Globe.

But a year earlier in his request to Chu for funds for the Wisconsin Energy Conservation Corp. Ryan said the stimulus cash would help his state create thousands of new jobs, save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

Read more: Ryan now says he did seek economic stimulus money - The Denver Post Ryan now says he did seek economic stimulus money - The Denver Post
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: Terms of Use - The Denver Post

Your guy lies and Im stupid for giving you the facts?

No, you're stupid because you think Ryan should be required to remember off the top of his head EVERY fucking constituent request that he EVER signed.

Still waiting to see the Lie......Show me LOL Come on and show me LMAO Show me how a Man who said I didn't remember ever doing it is a lie? Also show where saying a certain group deserves funding is asking for stimulus money???? The lie p0lease ... Show me the lie.....You cant instead you spin a comment he made as a lie.....

I have to admire the gall of Paul Ryan. Republicans usually don't admit openly that they want to kill Medicare and Social Security AND reduce taxes for the rich(capital gains) to zero. We all know that is their plan, but rarely do they say it out loud.

so he says the stimlulus will created jobs and asks for the money and then tells you fools he didnt repetedly and then gets caught by the paper trail and has to amitt he asked for stim and this idiot doesnt think it consitutes a lie?

damn you are zombies

I have to admire the gall of Paul Ryan. Republicans usually don't admit openly that they want to kill Medicare and Social Security AND reduce taxes for the rich(capital gains) to zero. We all know that is their plan, but rarely do they say it out loud.

Again Which Candidate actually cut medicare by over 700 billion?

Every politician does everything the 'right' way or in a way that you always agree with??

Still, even with disagreeing with this action by Ryan... agree with him and Romney more than I agree with Obamalama

You agree with Romney on Policy? What policy would that be?

so he says the stimlulus will created jobs and asks for the money and then tells you fools he didnt repetedly and then gets caught by the paper trail and has to amitt he asked for stim and this idiot doesnt think it consitutes a lie?

damn you are zombies

He said you pathetic woman that it didnt work. 40+ moths of %8+ unemployment proves him right.

Who cares.

Axelrod has his underwear all in a bunch along with the liberals.

We now have someone who can talk numbers.

TruthBlathers is still a moron.

The swing states are swinging towards Ryan.

Ryan will destroy Biden in the debates.

You can kiss your messiah goodbye.

Last edited:
Once the money has been allocated you would be crazy not to use it, or if you didnt use it, you are doing nothing but political grandstanding.

The fight is over allocating the money in the first place, or how much money to allocate.

Its not hypocrisy, that would be denying money to one side, and using it yourself.

The hypocrisy is PREACHING, and pretending, the money wouldn't stimulate the economy and create jobs, while sending letters asking to get some on the grounds that it would stimulate the economy and create jobs in your district.

Show me one of the letters saying that from one of the candidates.

Here's four:

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/ryanletters0813.pdf

damn you are zombies

He said you pathetic woman that it didnt work. 40+ moths of %8+ unemployment proves him right.

and he is lying just like when he told you repetedly he never asked for any of the money

Once the money has been allocated you would be crazy not to use it, or if you didnt use it, you are doing nothing but political grandstanding.

The fight is over allocating the money in the first place, or how much money to allocate.

Its not hypocrisy, that would be denying money to one side, and using it yourself.

The problem as pointed out in the OP is that Ryan LIED about not requesting the use of said funds, when in fact he wrote two separate letters doing that very thing. Hypocrisy? Perhaps. Lying. Most definitely, and he got busted.
Show me where he said he didn't?

Ryan Says Requesting Stimulus Funds Was a Mistake - NYTimes.com

“No, I never asked for stimulus,’’ Mr. Ryan said in an interview with WCPO-TV in Cincinnati, which was broadcast Thursday.

damn you are zombies

He got caught lying....Saying he doesnt remember about whether or not he asked the one thing that is a big deal within Repub circles is a lie. We arent talking about a highway fund here...this is the fucking Stimulus that repubs slam Obama on everyday...He didnt remember? C'mon

Forum List

Back