Paul Ryan gets to Debate that idiot Biden

Biden is going to take Ryan to the woodshed worse than he did Palin :up:

He didnt take Palin to the woodshed, and Ryan will beat his ass like I do yours, fucking Obamabot...but if you're good, next time I'll give you a reacharound

You are truly delusional. Palin kicked Biden's ass, you dumb fuck.

Here's a list of all the stupid things Biden said during his debate with Palin:

1. Responding to an invitation to bash Vice President Cheney, Biden says, “The idea he doesn’t realize that Article I of the Constitution defines the role of the vice president of the United States, that’s the Executive Branch.” Article I actually deals with the legislative, not the executive. However, he is right that Article I discusses the VP’s powers — but they are defined with respect to the legislature, and there is no mention of the VP’s authority in Article II, counter to Biden’s argument (see number 2).
  2. Biden further stated, “He has no authority relative to the Congress” — other than to vote in the Senate when there is a tie. Article I, section 3, states that the VP is the President of the Senate. He (or she) has no vote unless there is a tie, but holds that position regardless. At various times in history, the President of the Senate has wielded signficant power by controlling procedure in the Senate. Nowhere in the Constituion is the VP’s authority limited, or ‘defined’ other than this one mention of the VP’s role (which in any case contradicts Biden’s assertion that the VP has no authority in the legislature). (See the video from Voice of Reason.)
  3. “When we kicked — along with France, we kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon, I said and Barack said, ‘Move NATO forces in there.’” Um, no. Complete fabrication (on both the Hezbollah-kicking and NATO counts).
  4. “[W]e spend more money in three weeks on combat in Iraq than we spent on the entirety of the last seven years that we have been in Afghanistan building that country.” Again, no [10/5, fixed the link]. The totals are $661.1 billion in Iraq versus $177.5 billion in Afghanistan. Biden inflates the difference by a factor of twenty.
  5. “Look, all you have to do is go down Union Street with me in Wilmington [and] go to Katie’s Restaurant or walk into Home Depot with me.” (CNN’s transcripts says ‘or,’ but Biden clearly says ‘and’ in the video.) While there was a Katie’s in Wilmington, it has been closed for over twenty years (read down through the comments at the link for details). It also was not on Union Street. (Also just mentioned on Hot Air; Michelle Malkin mentions it, and has a great ‘Joe Depot’ photoshop to boot.)
  6. “Ahmadinejad does not control the security apparatus in Iran. The theocracy controls the security apparatus.” The theocrats in Iran certainly have a great deal of power, but using that to say Ahmadinejad does not is pretty, well, stupid. Furthermore, how dumb is the argument that talking to Ahmadinejad does not matter because of this? Pretty dumb.
  7. “This is simply not true about Barack Obama. He did not say sit down with Ahmadinejad.” Blatant lie. Now with video! (Thanks and nice job to Voice of Reason).
  8. “Our friends and allies have been saying, Gwen, ‘Sit down. Talk. Talk. Talk.’ Our friends and allies have been saying that, five secretaries of state, three of them Republicans. And John McCain has said he would go along with an agreement, but he wouldn’t sit down.” Biden tries to pull an Obama by deliberately conflating low-level diplomatic contacts with presidential-level talks. It sounded contrived when Obama did it, too.
  9. “So you’re going to have to place — replace a $12,000 plan with a $5,000 check you just give to the insurance company. I call that the ‘Ultimate Bridge to Nowhere.’” Biden’s first (and only) laugh line of the evening. It also grossly misrepresents McCain’s plan. Palin explained it well, and Ramesh Ponnuru makes the point that wages will rise to offset at least some of the difference. (See also number 7 on McCain’s list of Biden lies.) (A better explanation of how Biden is wrong; h/t The Corner)
  10. “[T]wo years ago Barack Obama warned about the sub prime mortgage crisis.” Obama claimed this in his debate too. Prove it. I have tried to research this, but all I have been able to come up with is an Obama advisor warning against ‘over-regulating subprime mortgages,’ and criticism of Obama’s plan with regard to the subprime mess. It is easy for Obama to claim, but I won’t believe it until I see some proof beyond the word of Obama or Biden.
  11. UPDATE (10/5/08): [deleted for being incorrect]
  12. UPDATE (10/6/08): Obama sent a letter to Federal Reserve Chairman Bernanke and Treasury Secretary Paulson in March of 2007, in which he addressed the rising defaults by low-income individuals on subprime mortgages. Obama’s primary concerns in the letter are preventing foreclosures and attacking ‘predatory lending practices.’ I thought at first that this letter must be the ‘warning’ Biden referenced (in the now-deleted update to this item on 10/5), but Rick pointed out in the comments to this post that, in the presidential debate, Obama had mentioned both this specific letter and the still-unknown warning in 2006. So still no source for this mysterious warning other than the self-serving claims of the Obama campaign.
  13. “The cause is manmade. That’s the cause. That’s why the polar icecap is melting.” I originally thought that Biden had explicitly said that global warming was 100% manmade, however it is still clear that was his meaning, especially because his answer was a rejection of Palin saying that man was not the exclusive cause. Even global warming stalwarts only claim that man is most of the cause, not 100%.
  14. UPDATE (10/7) (h/t Rick): In addition to Biden’s claims about global warming being strictly manmade, he is also wrong about global warming being the sole cause of the changes in polar ice. The actual scientific evidence indicates that not all of the recent change in the polar ice are attributable to global warming.
  15. “She imposed a windfall profits tax up there in Alaska. That’s what Barack Obama and I want to do.” Blatant mischaracterization lie. Palin adjusted the severance tax; there was no new/increased windfall-profits tax. (See number 8 on McCain’s list; comprehensive explanation here.) Also, it appears that much of the preexisting Alaskan oil and gas windfall tax was repealed while Palin was governor (PDF link).
  16. “[O]ur commanding general in Afghanistan said the surge principle in Iraq will not work in Afghanistan.” Although Palin misstated his name (it is McKiernan, not McClellan), Biden misstates his position. Gen. McKiernan has said that he does not want to use the word surge because it is too tied to Iraq, and that the exact programs in Iraq would not be directly transferable to Afghanistan because of differences in the countries (naturally), but he still advocates a surge. Just by a different name.
  17. Biden then quoted Gen. McKiernan as saying, “we need more troops. We need government-building. We need to spend more money on the infrastructure in Afghanistan.” So, like Gen. McKiernan, Biden appears to be for the surge as long as it isn’t called the surge.
  18. Other items from McCain’s list that I have not otherwise mentioned: Number 1, mischaracterization of McCain’s votes on taxes.
  19. Number 3, Biden’s brand-new support for offshore drilling.
  20. Number 5, Biden’s ever-shifting position on clean coal, which even Ifill dinged him on at the debate. (Also at Hot Air.)
  21. Number 10, Biden misrepresented McCain’s position on regulation of the financial sector.
  22. Number 12, Biden erroneously set the cutoff at $250,000, rather than $200,000, for Obama’s tax increases.
  23. Number 13, the bailout plan only meets two of Obama’s four principles, not all four as Biden stated.
  24. Number 14, American’s did not, contrary to what Biden says, pay more taxes under Reagan than they would under Obama
  25. “Pakistan already has nuclear weapons. Pakistan already has deployed nuclear weapons. Pakistan’s weapons can already hit Israel and the Mediterranean.” It would take an ICBM, so probably not. The longest-ranged weapon Pakistan has would only reach about halfway to Israel. (h/t Ace)
  26. “John McCain voted against a Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty that every Republican has supported.” Every Republican except John McCain and 49 of his Republican colleagues in the Senate, that is.
  27. “We do support making sure that committed couples in a same-sex marriage are guaranteed the same constitutional benefits as it relates to their property rights, their rights of visitation, their rights to insurance, their rights of ownership as heterosexual couples do.” Except that they are quite adamant that they don’t support same-sex marriage. Oops. In fact, in his next response Biden said, “No. Barack Obama nor I support redefining from a civil side what constitutes marriage.”
  28. Some further items, from FactCheck.org, which should have been included earlier (all items can be found at this link): Biden’s claim that McCain refused to meet with leaders of Spain was incorrect; McCain only said that he would not make that decision in advance.
  29. Biden also misstated the Iraqi budget surplus in his arguments about ending the war. He said that the surplus was $80 billion, but that figure comes from an old estimate. The actual number is currently $29 billion.
  30. Biden’s claim that McCain would deregulated the health-care industry is a dishonest exaggeration of McCain’s statements regarding allowing the sale of health-care insurance across state lines.
  31. I am reinserting number 6 from McCain’s list, because it is correct in stating that according to FactCheck.org Biden is exaggerating — according to their count, McCain voted against alternative energy 11 times, not 20.
  32. I am also reinserting number 1 from McCain’s list: Biden claimed that McCain voted the same way as Obama on the bill Palin claimed raised taxes on families making $42,000/year, but McCain did not vote at all on that bill.

1. Responding to an invitation to bash Vice President Cheney, Biden says, “The idea he doesn’t realize that Article I of the Constitution defines the role of the vice president of the United States, that’s the Executive Branch.” Article I actually deals with the legislative, not the executive. However, he is right that Article I discusses the VP’s powers — but they are defined with respect to the legislature, and there is no mention of the VP’s authority in Article II, counter to Biden’s argument (see number 2).
  2. Biden further stated, “He has no authority relative to the Congress” — other than to vote in the Senate when there is a tie. Article I, section 3, states that the VP is the President of the Senate. He (or she) has no vote unless there is a tie, but holds that position regardless. At various times in history, the President of the Senate has wielded signficant power by controlling procedure in the Senate. Nowhere in the Constituion is the VP’s authority limited, or ‘defined’ other than this one mention of the VP’s role (which in any case contradicts Biden’s assertion that the VP has no authority in the legislature). (See the video from Voice of Reason.)
  3. “When we kicked — along with France, we kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon, I said and Barack said, ‘Move NATO forces in there.’” Um, no. Complete fabrication (on both the Hezbollah-kicking and NATO counts).
  4. “[W]e spend more money in three weeks on combat in Iraq than we spent on the entirety of the last seven years that we have been in Afghanistan building that country.” Again, no [10/5, fixed the link]. The totals are $661.1 billion in Iraq versus $177.5 billion in Afghanistan. Biden inflates the difference by a factor of twenty.
  5. “Look, all you have to do is go down Union Street with me in Wilmington [and] go to Katie’s Restaurant or walk into Home Depot with me.” (CNN’s transcripts says ‘or,’ but Biden clearly says ‘and’ in the video.) While there was a Katie’s in Wilmington, it has been closed for over twenty years (read down through the comments at the link for details). It also was not on Union Street. (Also just mentioned on Hot Air; Michelle Malkin mentions it, and has a great ‘Joe Depot’ photoshop to boot.)
  6. “Ahmadinejad does not control the security apparatus in Iran. The theocracy controls the security apparatus.” The theocrats in Iran certainly have a great deal of power, but using that to say Ahmadinejad does not is pretty, well, stupid. Furthermore, how dumb is the argument that talking to Ahmadinejad does not matter because of this? Pretty dumb.
  7. “This is simply not true about Barack Obama. He did not say sit down with Ahmadinejad.” Blatant lie. Now with video! (Thanks and nice job to Voice of Reason).
  8. “Our friends and allies have been saying, Gwen, ‘Sit down. Talk. Talk. Talk.’ Our friends and allies have been saying that, five secretaries of state, three of them Republicans. And John McCain has said he would go along with an agreement, but he wouldn’t sit down.” Biden tries to pull an Obama by deliberately conflating low-level diplomatic contacts with presidential-level talks. It sounded contrived when Obama did it, too.
  9. “So you’re going to have to place — replace a $12,000 plan with a $5,000 check you just give to the insurance company. I call that the ‘Ultimate Bridge to Nowhere.’” Biden’s first (and only) laugh line of the evening. It also grossly misrepresents McCain’s plan. Palin explained it well, and Ramesh Ponnuru makes the point that wages will rise to offset at least some of the difference. (See also number 7 on McCain’s list of Biden lies.) (A better explanation of how Biden is wrong; h/t The Corner)
  10. “[T]wo years ago Barack Obama warned about the sub prime mortgage crisis.” Obama claimed this in his debate too. Prove it. I have tried to research this, but all I have been able to come up with is an Obama advisor warning against ‘over-regulating subprime mortgages,’ and criticism of Obama’s plan with regard to the subprime mess. It is easy for Obama to claim, but I won’t believe it until I see some proof beyond the word of Obama or Biden.
  11. UPDATE (10/5/08): [deleted for being incorrect]
  12. UPDATE (10/6/08): Obama sent a letter to Federal Reserve Chairman Bernanke and Treasury Secretary Paulson in March of 2007, in which he addressed the rising defaults by low-income individuals on subprime mortgages. Obama’s primary concerns in the letter are preventing foreclosures and attacking ‘predatory lending practices.’ I thought at first that this letter must be the ‘warning’ Biden referenced (in the now-deleted update to this item on 10/5), but Rick pointed out in the comments to this post that, in the presidential debate, Obama had mentioned both this specific letter and the still-unknown warning in 2006. So still no source for this mysterious warning other than the self-serving claims of the Obama campaign.
  13. “The cause is manmade. That’s the cause. That’s why the polar icecap is melting.” I originally thought that Biden had explicitly said that global warming was 100% manmade, however it is still clear that was his meaning, especially because his answer was a rejection of Palin saying that man was not the exclusive cause. Even global warming stalwarts only claim that man is most of the cause, not 100%.
  14. UPDATE (10/7) (h/t Rick): In addition to Biden’s claims about global warming being strictly manmade, he is also wrong about global warming being the sole cause of the changes in polar ice. The actual scientific evidence indicates that not all of the recent change in the polar ice are attributable to global warming.
  15. “She imposed a windfall profits tax up there in Alaska. That’s what Barack Obama and I want to do.” Blatant mischaracterization lie. Palin adjusted the severance tax; there was no new/increased windfall-profits tax. (See number 8 on McCain’s list; comprehensive explanation here.) Also, it appears that much of the preexisting Alaskan oil and gas windfall tax was repealed while Palin was governor (PDF link).
  16. “[O]ur commanding general in Afghanistan said the surge principle in Iraq will not work in Afghanistan.” Although Palin misstated his name (it is McKiernan, not McClellan), Biden misstates his position. Gen. McKiernan has said that he does not want to use the word surge because it is too tied to Iraq, and that the exact programs in Iraq would not be directly transferable to Afghanistan because of differences in the countries (naturally), but he still advocates a surge. Just by a different name.
  17. Biden then quoted Gen. McKiernan as saying, “we need more troops. We need government-building. We need to spend more money on the infrastructure in Afghanistan.” So, like Gen. McKiernan, Biden appears to be for the surge as long as it isn’t called the surge.
  18. Other items from McCain’s list that I have not otherwise mentioned: Number 1, mischaracterization of McCain’s votes on taxes.
  19. Number 3, Biden’s brand-new support for offshore drilling.
  20. Number 5, Biden’s ever-shifting position on clean coal, which even Ifill dinged him on at the debate. (Also at Hot Air.)
  21. Number 10, Biden misrepresented McCain’s position on regulation of the financial sector.
  22. Number 12, Biden erroneously set the cutoff at $250,000, rather than $200,000, for Obama’s tax increases.
  23. Number 13, the bailout plan only meets two of Obama’s four principles, not all four as Biden stated.
  24. Number 14, American’s did not, contrary to what Biden says, pay more taxes under Reagan than they would under Obama
  25. “Pakistan already has nuclear weapons. Pakistan already has deployed nuclear weapons. Pakistan’s weapons can already hit Israel and the Mediterranean.” It would take an ICBM, so probably not. The longest-ranged weapon Pakistan has would only reach about halfway to Israel. (h/t Ace)
  26. “John McCain voted against a Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty that every Republican has supported.” Every Republican except John McCain and 49 of his Republican colleagues in the Senate, that is.
  27. “We do support making sure that committed couples in a same-sex marriage are guaranteed the same constitutional benefits as it relates to their property rights, their rights of visitation, their rights to insurance, their rights of ownership as heterosexual couples do.” Except that they are quite adamant that they don’t support same-sex marriage. Oops. In fact, in his next response Biden said, “No. Barack Obama nor I support redefining from a civil side what constitutes marriage.”
  28. Some further items, from FactCheck.org, which should have been included earlier (all items can be found at this link): Biden’s claim that McCain refused to meet with leaders of Spain was incorrect; McCain only said that he would not make that decision in advance.
  29. Biden also misstated the Iraqi budget surplus in his arguments about ending the war. He said that the surplus was $80 billion, but that figure comes from an old estimate. The actual number is currently $29 billion.
  30. Biden’s claim that McCain would deregulated the health-care industry is a dishonest exaggeration of McCain’s statements regarding allowing the sale of health-care insurance across state lines.
  31. I am reinserting number 6 from McCain’s list, because it is correct in stating that according to FactCheck.org Biden is exaggerating — according to their count, McCain voted against alternative energy 11 times, not 20.
  32. I am also reinserting number 1 from McCain’s list: Biden claimed that McCain voted the same way as Obama on the bill Palin claimed raised taxes on families making $42,000/year, but McCain did not vote at all on that bill.

shhh, they dont ever want to hear facts or truth......they ignore them as they are hyptnotized by their HuffPo and MSNBC masters

1. <snip>

Palin wouldn't have had anything at all to say if not for her memorizing answers written up for her by her handlers. We all saw that on the movie. One of her handlers didn't even vote for the ticket because she knew Palin was an idiot and could never run the country if anything ever happened to McCain.

Your party is not known for picking the brightest candidates. They pick pliable candidates.

You don't have anything anywhere near intelligent in Ryan. Don't think you do.

1. <snip>

Palin wouldn't have had anything at all to say if not for her memorizing answers written up for her by her handlers. We all saw that on the movie. One of her handlers didn't even vote for the ticket because she knew Palin was an idiot and could never run the country if anything ever happened to McCain.

Your party is not known for picking the brightest candidates. They pick pliable candidates.

1. Typical democrat. If you're not a commie that attacks the "rich" (which is everyone with a job) then you're an idiot...hmmmm
    You wouldnt know intelligent if it smacked you in the face. OBama cant speak without a teleprompter and a prepared speech. Joe Biden is just plain stupid and they muzzled his ass.

Paul Ryan will not be debating Joe Biden.

Paul Ryan will be ducking Medicare questions.

Until November the 6th.

Bank on it.

1. <snip>

1. Typical democrat. If you're not a commie that attacks the "rich" (which is everyone with a job) then you're an idiot...hmmmm
    You wouldnt know intelligent if it smacked you in the face. OBama cant speak without a teleprompter and a prepared speech. Joe Biden is just plain stupid and they muzzled his ass.

1. Compare Joe Biden's career in the senate and either Palin's career or Paul Ryan's in the House. Or both. Your guys are ignorant and failures, Biden is smart and successful.

Period.

As much as I'd like to see obama and biden get torn to shreds in debates, I have a feeling the only debates they will agree to will be ones where the moderators are leftwing and would goes easy on them and go hard on Romney and Ryan. If it was fair debates, Obama/Biden would be shredded. All that romney and ryan would have to do is talk about the failed policies of the last 4 years and hold them accountable and it would be all over.

<snip>

Typical democrat. If you're not a commie that attacks the "rich" (which is everyone with a job) then you're an idiot...hmmmm

Compare Joe Biden's career in the senate and either Palin's career or Paul Ryan's in the House. Or both. Your guys are ignorant and failures, Biden is smart and successful.

Period.

Ok do compare, first lets compare both to Obama before he was President they kick his ass and hell I could have done a better job the past four years. So what were Obama's qualifications?

Ok now on to Biden, go ahead and tell me what he did? he was in the senate for 30 years, whooptdo. I guess Strom THurmond would have been you Presidential choice? he had alot more on his resumee than Joe Biden? Or Rorbert Byrd? or Dan Inoyure, or shall I keep going?

Typical democrat. If you're not a commie that attacks the "rich" (which is everyone with a job) then you're an idiot...hmmmm

Compare Joe Biden's career in the senate and either Palin's career or Paul Ryan's in the House. Or both. Your guys are ignorant and failures, Biden is smart and successful.

Period.

Ok do compare, first lets compare both to Obama before he was President they kick his ass and hell I could have done a better job the past four years. So what were Obama's qualifications?

Ok now on to Biden, go ahead and tell me what he did? he was in the senate for 30 years, whooptdo. I guess Strom THurmond would have been you Presidential choice? he had alot more on his resumee than Joe Biden? Or Rorbert Byrd? or Dan Inoyure, or shall I keep going?

You don't know a thing about his senatorial career and yet you sit here calling the man stupid? Speaks to your own ignorance.

Inform yourself then you might not seem like such a clown.

Ryan will win the debate on points and style, but he will come across as arrogant and condescending, and a lot of people won't care for his actual answers. In the end, while he wins the debate on points, he will lose the audience. Romney didn't have much of a chance in this election, but by the time election day gets here, he is really going to regret having picked Ryan as his running mate.

Oh, and cut taxes on the bloated rich- worry about the debt in 2035- dupe lol

yep, just raise taxes on the rich.....franco doesnt want to buy anything, which is good because the prices would skyrocket....it's called inflation....see businesses pass that cost on to the little guy.....in the price of goods....

say what you want about ryan's politics, he is leaps and bounds more intelligent than biden and obama

Is that with or without the teleprompter?

But the two then sing the praises of the device in keeping a candidate from saying something he might regret.

"It does make some sense though" to use a teleprompter, Romney tells Hannity. "I do understand."

He adds: "It keeps you from saying something you don't mean, you get the message out precisely the way you want to get the message out." Romney says he has used a TelePrompter "maybe five times" in the campaign. Romney in recent months has tended to use a teleprompter for most major speeches.
Mitt Romney: It makes sense to use a TelePrompter - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Just sayin'....

say what you want about ryan's politics, he is leaps and bounds more intelligent than biden and obama

But the two then sing the praises of the device in keeping a candidate from saying something he might regret.

"It does make some sense though" to use a teleprompter, Romney tells Hannity. "I do understand."

He adds: "It keeps you from saying something you don't mean, you get the message out precisely the way you want to get the message out." Romney says he has used a TelePrompter "maybe five times" in the campaign. Romney in recent months has tended to use a teleprompter for most major speeches.
Mitt Romney: It makes sense to use a TelePrompter - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Just sayin'....

We get people use them, but OBama has taken it to an extreme...he cant give a speech without it.

Just sayin'....

We get people use them, but OBama has taken it to an extreme...he cant give a speech without it.

US political debate doesn't allow for matters of degree buckeye, it's either OK to use a teleprompter, or it makes you incompetent and not fit to run the country.
You're either for small government or you're a Socialist.
You're either for unfettered gun ownership or you're a Constitution-hating traitor.
You're either for lower taxes on the rich or you're engaged in class warfare.
You're either pro-abortion or you're anti-women.
You're either anti-abortion or you're a baby murderer.
etc.............

Last edited:

Forum List

Back