Paul Ryan Defended Stimulus -- When George W. Bush Wanted It In 2002 (VIDEO)

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Ryan Grimm

WASHINGTON - When Congressman Paul Ryan has been asked the past few years about the value of stimulus to the sagging economy and the nation's jobless, the Wisconsin Republican has dismissed it as meaningless, and dubbed it "sugar-high economics."

But that's when President Obama is pushing for the spending. When it was President George W. Bush arguing for more stimulus to boost a slow economy in the early 2000s, Ryan's economic analysis was entirely different.

"What we're trying to accomplish today with the passage of this third stimulus package is to create jobs and help the unemployed," Ryan said, in comments unearthed by MSNBC's "Up with Chris Hayes" and provided to HuffPost. "What we're trying to accomplish is to pass the kinds of legislation that when they've passed in the past have grown the economy and gotten people back to work."

Video of the comments will be aired at 8:00 a.m. Sunday on MSNBC.

More: Paul Ryan Defended Stimulus -- When George W. Bush Wanted It In 2002 (VIDEO)

NOTE: Ryan is a hypocritical two-faced un-American lying piece of wingnut shit.

o-gold.jpg

By Ryan Grimm

WASHINGTON - When Congressman Paul Ryan has been asked the past few years about the value of stimulus to the sagging economy and the nation's jobless, the Wisconsin Republican has dismissed it as meaningless, and dubbed it "sugar-high economics."

But that's when President Obama is pushing for the spending. When it was President George W. Bush arguing for more stimulus to boost a slow economy in the early 2000s, Ryan's economic analysis was entirely different.

"What we're trying to accomplish today with the passage of this third stimulus package is to create jobs and help the unemployed," Ryan said, in comments unearthed by MSNBC's "Up with Chris Hayes" and provided to HuffPost. "What we're trying to accomplish is to pass the kinds of legislation that when they've passed in the past have grown the economy and gotten people back to work."

More: Paul Ryan Defended Stimulus -- When George W. Bush Wanted It In 2002 (VIDEO)

He had an economy that was well on the mend. Barney Frank hadn't done his damage yet.

Ryan understands how it works. He comes from highly democratic district.

I think you've identified the piece of s**t around here. Pull out a mirror and take a good look.

Ryan understands how it works.

We know, he just proved it by explaining how it works in those statements from 2002. Stimulus creates jobs. Unemployment lags recovery. Etc...

He's just lying about it all *now*. Like every other Republican. A Democrat is in office so the priority is in making sure the economy does NOT recover because then the Democrat will get credit, and they can't have that.

Oh, when Bush asked for his stimulus? I think you recall the Democrats were, shall we say, less than pleased he was in office?

Passed the Senate 85-9, passed the House 417-3.

See, the country needed the boost and the Democrats knew it, so they set aside their gripe with Bush and cooperated.

Country first, politics second. THAT'S how you do it instead of just talking a big game about it while actively sabotaging everything by shutting the government down with non stop filibusters of effective action.

He comes from highly democratic district.

1. What would that have to do with it?
2. No he doesn't.

Wisconsin's 1st congressional district - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Paul "Ayn Rand" Ryan is a natural born liar!

And Barack "Jeremiah Wright" Obama is a natural born moron who surrounds himself with liars.

He doesn't want to talk economy. Ryan will. And he talks about hard choices.

I'd say Obama is gutless as well.

And Barack "Jeremiah Wright" Obama is a natural born moron who surrounds himself with liars.

You really should start an "I love Obama" thread. You are obsessed with him. This thread is about Paul Ryan.

Ryan understands how it works.

We know, he just proved it by explaining how it works in those statements from 2002. Stimulus creates jobs. Unemployment lags recovery. Etc...

He's just lying about it all *now*. Like every other Republican. A Democrat is in office so the priority is in making sure the economy does NOT recover because then the Democrat will get credit, and they can't have that.

Oh, when Bush asked for his stimulus? I think you recall the Democrats were, shall we say, less than pleased he was in office?

Passed the Senate 85-9, passed the House 417-3.

See, the country needed the boost and the Democrats knew it, so they set aside their gripe with Bush and cooperated.

Country first, politics second. THAT'S how you do it instead of just talking a big game about it while actively sabotaging everything by shutting the government down with non stop filibusters of effective action.

He comes from highly democratic district.

1. What would that have to do with it?
2. No he doesn't.

Wisconsin's 1st congressional district - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Democrats are never going to shy away from spending money. What was your point ? That they cooperated ? Good grief.

You really should start an "I love Obama" thread. You are obsessed with him. This thread is about Paul Ryan.

And you are not obsessed with him ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

By Ryan Grimm

you're a retard and are unable to see when you are being played.

the video didn't show Ryan at all

The quotes are not exact quotes, they are partials that are linked together, in other words, not the truth

and it was 2002, 10 years ago, most people have learned that stimulus failed

shame not one fucking retard on the left has figured that out yet

all good points TT makes, but what teh dems now do is take a sliver of whats said regardless of context or thought and run with it.

yes Ryan or anyone can vote on stimulus or do stimulus, the question isnt the stimlus the question is do you have a good game plan and Obama did not. Obama failed to listen to certrain people and he failed by thinking you can toss the stimulus out there and it would inturn take care of everything, this is not the case, nor was it a time for a lesson.

Ryan might vote on a stimulus and if he has a good plan it will work or help, if you dont, you get Obama egg on your face.

Okay, i have to ask: When they hell did Bush try to pass a stimulus in 2002? Ive been keeping up with politics since before 2000. The First stimulus I know of since then was done in 2009.

BTW: Just what was the 2002 stimulus ?

From what I recall it was tax rebate and a tax cut.

No government picking of losers and bigger losers (like Solyndra)...essentially putting themselves in the middle of the economy.

When Obama wanted his stimulus...he should have just turned that money back to us. We'd be in better shape. Everyone on the right is in favor of tax cuts and tax rebates.

Obama, LIKE BUSH, has not cut the spending necessary to pay for the stimulus.

From what I recall, the 2002 stimulus cost about 45 Billon....about 1/20th of Obama's.

He didn't even get the tax cuts he wanted.

From the OP link.

Forum List

Back