Paul Ryan and Ayn Rand

Quick question for all you Christian conservatives who think Ayn Rand's ideas are good...............

What do you think Jesus would have thought of her outlook?

I think Jesus would have viewed Her like he does the rest of us. She was not perrfect :D, none of us are, ABS. Her background was Jewish, not Christian, right? Yet she still believed in Value, Conscience, Unalienable Right, huh. Not bad for a Self Proclaimed Atheist. ;) I suspect, that in her own way, she knew God. She did have many good ideas, ABS. She nailed the dangers of abused Powers and Dependency. I suspect that is why she is so polarizing.

"A wonderful, free, light consciousness" born of the utter absence of any understanding of "the necessity, meaning, or importance of other people." Obviously, Ayn Rand was most favorably impressed with Mr. Hickman. He was, at least at that stage of Rand's life, her kind of man.

Rand is merely Nietzsche warmed-over for Americans.

We can expect that Jerry Sandusky favorably impressed the people of Pennsylvania too.

I wonder if Ryan indicates she is some sort of deity by capitalizing the first letter of a pronoun that refers to her. As I understand it, he no longer requires his staff read her books. Nonetheless, he's a fruitcake for basing so much of his life on a writer of bad fiction.

Bad Fiction? The FountainHead? Atlas Shrugged? Have you even read the Books? Shame on you. :lol: What did you think of 1984? Animal Farm? Future Shock? Soylent Green?

The one and only Rand book I read..was the Fountainhead. And I only got through 3/4 of it because I wanted to tear it to pieces.

But it was on loaner to me from a girl I was dating at the time who thought that I was alot like Howard Rourke.

:lol:

If you were like Roark then you should have finished the book. You would have appreciated it more.

Mike

Quick question for all you Christian conservatives who think Ayn Rand's ideas are good...............

What do you think Jesus would have thought of her outlook?

I'm a Christian but not a conservative and I have a great respect for Ayn Rand. I think that Jesus would have accepted her outlook quite well actually. Ever read the parable of the talents?

Mike

Jesus would have thought her political philosophy was spot on, then gone about his own preaching.

you know, as a matter of libertarian principle?

Give it up jason.. She died with an estate valued high enough to pay for the primitive cancer treatments available then. AND an income stream ROYALTY that was very strong. Never became a burden to the state. In fact -- probably saved the system a lot of cash by not living another 15 or 20 years..

SHE paid into HER Medicare because she was FORCED to.. Just like me. And I have a duty NOT to let the State abscond with my money..

It's always the ADVOCATES of these UNIVERSAL programs that are the first to denigrate the people who use them.. Why is that?

Because the people who paid into these systems don't deserve them. These systems belong to the poor who never paid into these systems.

Ayn Rand moved to America from Communist Russia.
She saw and experienced what a large overbearing Government could to to your freedom as a citizen.
She wrote her books because she saw America going down the same road and wanted to alert Americans bout what they were voting for.
Ryan believes in what she wrote about a smaller Government and freedom for each and every American.
He does not believe in her Atheistic view.

Barney Frank was on the news and said that republicans were basing their views on her book.
No their not , they are basing their views on what was the founding of this Nation.

"The highest tribute to Ayn Rand is that her critics must distort everything she stood for in order to attack her. She advocated reason, not force; the individual's rights to freedom of action, speech, & association; self-responsibility, NOT self-indulgence; & a live-and-let-live society in which each individual is treated as an END, not the MEANS of others' ends. How many critics would dare honestly state these ideas and say, " . . .and that's what I reject"? -Barbara Branden

Additionally, AR was not perfect but her flaws were insignificant compared to her gems of wisdom.

Forum List

Back