Paul Ryan: A Poor Choice for Speaker

Ryan is new Speaker of the House...

Paul Ryan elected new speaker of US House
Oct 29, 2015 | WASHINGTON: Former vice presidential candidate and Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan was elected as the new speaker of the US House of Representatives which is similar to Lok Sabha of the Indian Parliament.
Ryan, 45, defeated Florida Congressman Daniel Webster on Wednesday in a closed-door election of the House Republican Conference. He would replace John Bohner as the speaker on Thursday when the full House is expected to ratify him to this top Congressional position. "The selection of Paul Ryan as our next speaker marks an important step toward unifying our Conference," House majority leader Kevin McCarthy said. "I know firsthand the energy and determination that he brings to every endeavor he takes on. He has worked tirelessly to help build our majority, shape our principles, and articulate our vision," McCarthy said.

He was first elected to the US House of Representatives in 1999. He has been in the Congress for 17 years now, during which he has held several top positions in the Congress. Ryan was the running mate of the Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney in 2012. In 2008 he voted in favor of the India US Civil Nuclear deal. He visited India in 2006 as part of a Congressional delegation led by the then Speaker of House of Representative. He termed the trip as an "eye opener". He had also termed India as a rising democratic power in the world. "I think every member of Congress should go to India to see for themselves the kind of global challenges and opportunities that face us as India emerges. It was a real eye-opener," Ryan said after he returned from India in April 2006.

Ryan was among the first US lawmakers to express condolences after the shooting in a Wisconsin Gurdwara in 2012. "My thoughts and prayers are with the victims, their families, and everyone in Oak Creek who has been impacted by this tragic act of violence," he had said after the incident. Deeply saddened by the malicious crime, Ryan said: "As additional details are gathered, I am hopeful that we will all come together, united in a shared desire for peace and justice, and stand with the Sikh community as we grieve this loss of life."

Paul Ryan elected as the new speaker of US House - Times of India

What constitutes a 'true conservative' – the fact is conservatives are comprehensively wrong on most of the issues, 'true' or otherwise.

And if 'true conservative' means being hostile to sound, responsible governance, compromise, pragmatism, facts and objective evidence, then a 'true conservative' doesn't merit becoming Speaker.

It's sad and telling when Congress simply doing its job is 'news':

"The budget deal, brokered by House and Senate Budget Committee chairs, Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., and Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., was announced earlier this week. It ultimately passed with a sizeable bipartisan vote of 332-94, including 169 Republicans, a majority of the conference."

House overwhelmingly passes bipartisan budget agreement

The nonsense of government 'shutting down' should never be in play.

I closely listened to Speaker's Ryan speech and crossed my fingers that he will be able to do what he promised - let every member of the House fully participate in the agenda.

He never said anything about the House calendar or how often it was and will be in recess. Here's the calendar for 2015.

Days in Session of the U.S. Congress

Check it out. I do know that most of those "off days" are actually spent back home in their districts.

SPETCH!!!! Thank god! I never thought I would need to turn to you!

But fate has brought us together again!

Can you tell those aholes that I'm banned? For some unknown reason?

Unless you want to battle me here again! I hope I can count on you.

If not, prepare. Because I know all of your shit, and will not allow it to proliferate here.

I've got pics of you pooping on a lawn chair!

Well, my question is: who is better? And what true conservative really has a chance at winning the job? This is a lengthy analysis with lots of links and can be read @ Articles: Paul Ryan: A Poor Choice for Speaker
The source is AmericanThinker.com, and is described as "The magazine, of course, is chock-full of right-wingconspiracy theories, woo, andpseudoscience. On the conspiracy side, they promote birtherism, "creeping sharia," red-baiting, and still occasionally prattle on about Vince Foster. On the science side, they concentrate on creationism and global warmingdenialism." American Thinker - RationalWiki

Ryan is a conservative, a pseudo-libertarian in economic concept, and won't take crap from the far reactionary social cons and libertarians.

Glad you have him scientifically figured out.

Truth is, that he owes a lot of money to people that will use those debts to gain favor.

That applies to any politician. Any politician that gets to a vote, is already completely corrupted.

That's what we need to change. And I'll follow up in subsequent threads about what is needed. For now, this is an FYI.

Glad you have him scientifically figured out. Truth is, that he owes a lot of money to people that will use those debts to gain favor. That applies to any politician. Any politician that gets to a vote, is already completely corrupted. That's what we need to change. And I'll follow up in subsequent threads about what is needed. For now, this is an FYI.
Truths, babs, Ryan broke the Freedom Caucus this week, and they have no weapons to hurt him in Congress, and his friends outside are far more powerful than the TP. End of story.

If not, prepare. Because I know all of your shit, and will not allow it to proliferate here.

I've got pics of you pooping on a lawn chair!

The best you have has never contested me with so much as a shred of validity on the foundation of any primary issue I address. That you took the time to photo shop me pooping on a lawn chair certainly doesn't discourage me. Fire away.

The primary information that proves evolution is in bold within the following as well proves that there is no such thing as a god and that the foundation of every religion is based upon lies. Everything else I share is to help people understand different proofs of evolution.

Evolution for life such as the life we recognize on this planet for example is the developmental stages of life throughout generations from the first spark of life of a single cell which begins the chain of ever changing bloodlines in reflection of gathering information from the environment and adapting in order to survive. Evolution only occurs where life happens. Again, not anything goes poof into existence out of nothingness, develops an intelligence out of nothingness because for anything to become alive it first takes takes energy matter and time to re create energy and matter under suitable circumstances to initiate the beginnings of life and sustain life coming into existence in reflection of the environment and evolve to develop over time such things as an intellect, tolerances and even immunities as well evolve to consume different things depending upon what food sources are or are not available from environment to environment. Otherwise you you go right ahead share even just one factual example of anything going poof into existence out of nothing?!! You never will.

It is that simple.

love

Primary Factual Fundamentalist World Class Activist
David Jeffrey Spetch
Ps. Be good, be strong!
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Forum List

Back