Paul Krugman: The President Surrenders

With all due respect by july of every year im blacker than the president,

he's light brown at best.

dude..............same here!!! A bit longer this year in New York since up 'till about 10 days ago, it was freezing around here.

So........if I end up tanning and getting darker than Obama, does that make me a racist?:lol: If less people get tanned this summer, does that make them a racist?

He got the debt limit raised avoided a defualt and put off cuts until a later date. How is that not a win for Obama and America?

Funny how you libs suffer from short term memory loss.

President Obama today ripped Republicans for refusing to accept tax hikes, even for the wealthiest Americans, as part of any deal to raise the nation's debt ceiling beyond $14.29 trillion.

"You can't reduce the deficit to the levels that it needs to be reduced without having some revenue in the mix," the president told a White House news conference after a breakdown in administration negotiations with Congress on reaching a debt-ceiling deal while at the same time reducing soaring deficits.
Obama Tells Republicans No Deficit Reduction Without Tax Hikes - ABC News

He got the debt limit raised avoided a defualt and put off cuts until a later date. How is that not a win for Obama and America?

He wanted to tax the shit out of us.....so he lost on that deal.

All this deal does is delay what needs to be done later.....and as long as Harry Reid runs the Senate and Obama is in the White House the problem will never be solved.

That's not true, he wanted to close some of the loopholes and wanted to shorten the free ride on taxpayers the super rich are getting. Too much Fox Noise!

The only "free ride on taxpayers" are the 45% of income earners that don't pay any tax at all.

Unless of course you can prove that someone who doesn't pay taxes is paying more than the "super rich".

All this deal does is delay what needs to be done later.....and as long as Harry Reid runs the Senate and Obama is in the White House the problem will never be solved.

That's not true, he wanted to close some of the loopholes and wanted to shorten the free ride on taxpayers the super rich are getting. Too much Fox Noise!

lol, CLOSE loopholes..................................................another pretty way of saying-Raise Taxes.
gawd you people crack me up.

Hoover cut spending too and look what happened in 1929.
FDR, Truman, and Eisenhower increased federal spending and America flourished.

If you look at the numbers the Depression didn't really start until FDR started spending like crazy. All his New Deal did was prolong it.

America flourished after WWII because of all of the innovation that the war brought to the private sector. Also the hopes of life after the war propped up the economy. Unfortunately WWII gave us an income tax that the Congress never repealed even though the war was over with. FDR gave us welfare and Social Security and government grew and has kept growing ever since. Now the economy hinges on a bloated wasteful government that can't pay their bills without threatening us with financial ruin.

Now that's progress.

What? The Great Depression was in full swing when Roosevelt took office and got better as the New Deal was put in place. Social Security is solvent until 2041.

Of course, everything the obama does is a "win" to his minions. That's what his presidency is all about to them, "winning", America be damned.:eusa_liar:

I'm one of America's minions and this was a win for America.

If you look at the numbers the Depression didn't really start until FDR started spending like crazy. All his New Deal did was prolong it.

America flourished after WWII because of all of the innovation that the war brought to the private sector. Also the hopes of life after the war propped up the economy. Unfortunately WWII gave us an income tax that the Congress never repealed even though the war was over with. FDR gave us welfare and Social Security and government grew and has kept growing ever since. Now the economy hinges on a bloated wasteful government that can't pay their bills without threatening us with financial ruin.

Now that's progress.

What? The Great Depression was in full swing when Roosevelt took office and got better as the New Deal was put in place. Social Security is solvent until 2041.

Its 2011 s0n...........nobody gives a rats ass except those obsessed with politics on the internet. The k00ks think Americans follw this ideology shit.:lol::lol: They look out on the landscape and see an unmitigated disaster and ask themselves, "Who's been in charge lately?". The number of Americans who think this "spending our way to prosperity" is the way to go is in the distinct minority in 2011.

Tough shit on the k00ks............

Its our turn.:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

The Varsity will be calling the shots soon and it will be full steam ahaead with a growth economy and decreased spending ( unlike Bush I or II)

lol, CLOSE loopholes..................................................another pretty way of saying-Raise Taxes.

You sure can'r cut taxes on people that pay no taxes.

You sure can'r cut taxes on people that pay no taxes.

LOL, tell that to your MILLIONAIRE Representatives.:lol:

Now that's progress.

Its 2011 s0n...........nobody gives a rats ass except those obsessed with politics on the internet. The k00ks think Americans follw this ideology shit.:lol::lol: They look out on the landscape and see an unmitigated disaster and ask themselves, "Who's been in charge lately?". The number of Americans who think this "spending our way to prosperity" is the way to go is in the distinct minority in 2011.

The Varsity will be calling the shots soon and it will be full steam ahaead with a growth economy and decreased spending ( unlike Bush I or II)

one liners only make sense to sheep. I'm all for cutting wasteful spending, like aid for Israeli genocide,wasteful useless wars and welfare for the rich.

one liners only make sense to sheep. I'm all for cutting wasteful spending, like aid for Israeli genocide,wasteful useless wars and welfare for the rich.

Hey what can I say? Ideology debates are gay. It only matters in politics who's winning. And in 2011, the bottom line is the left k00ks in this nation are steadily moving to the back of the bus and will soon be seated there for a fcukkking long, long time. Pardon me if Im a bit giddy about it!!!:2up::2up::2up:

I totally agree with Mr. Krugman! Obama is probably the world's worst negotiator! He has totally played into the hands of the radical right wingnuts whose sole purpose is to hold America hostage to prevent Obama from being reelected. Wingnut agenda first - America second.

Funny how none of that stopped you from voting for him in the first place. The dude had almost no experience dealing with Congress and no record of cutting deals and negotiating prior to being elected.

You really only have yourself to blame.

Question: What started the Tea Party?

Answer: A Black President.

No, an incompetent president who misjudged what his mandate was.

Now, I know you want to believe that this is about race, and when Obama gets voted out next year in a 49 state loss, you can blame mean old racism, but the fact is, he was done in by his own arrogance.

He forced a health-care reform plan the people didn't want. When even liberal Massachusetts gave Ted Kennedy's seat to a Republican with the express purpose of stopping it, he used a parlimentary manuever to shove it down our throats, anyway.

He carped about Bush's economy, but gave us one that was far worse. He whined about the wars and started another one.

The reason it was unpopular was it was the Republican plan. One of the most foolish things about this presidency is it allows conservatives to set the agenda.

I totally agree with Mr. Krugman! Obama is probably the world's worst negotiator! He has totally played into the hands of the radical right wingnuts whose sole purpose is to hold America hostage to prevent Obama from being reelected. Wingnut agenda first - America second.

Funny how none of that stopped you from voting for him in the first place. The dude had almost no experience dealing with Congress and no record of cutting deals and negotiating prior to being elected.

Correction..

He had no experience in negotiating with Radicals. He generally has had them offed. Like the Somali pirates or Osama Bin Laden.

But these radicals wear suits and were voted into office.

This is the saddest part of this piece..

It is, of course, a political catastrophe for Democrats, who just a few weeks ago seemed to have Republicans on the run over their plan to dismantle Medicare; now Mr. Obama has thrown all that away. And the damage isn’t over: there will be more choke points where Republicans can threaten to create a crisis unless the president surrenders, and they can now act with the confident expectation that he will.

In the long run, however, Democrats won’t be the only losers. What Republicans have just gotten away with calls our whole system of government into question. After all, how can American democracy work if whichever party is most prepared to be ruthless, to threaten the nation’s economic security, gets to dictate policy? And the answer is, maybe it can’t.

Shameful.

Correction..

He had no experience in negotiating with Radicals. He generally has had them offed. Like the Somali pirates or Osama Bin Laden.

But these radicals wear suits and were voted into office.

Indeed s0n.......and are going to be there for a long, long time, unfortunately for you.

Indeed.........for the better part of this decade, things are going to suck balls for the 21%ers!!!

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5611:assessing-the-impact-of-reapportionment-and-redistricting&catid=24:elections&Itemid=39

Last edited:

Now that's progress.

WWII gave us the income tax?

Oh my....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back