Paul Krugman: Anti-Obamacare Governors Risk Killing Poor People

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you

Anti-Obamacare governors are boosting their political profiles on the backs of their suffering constituents, according to Paul Krugman.

Ten Republican governors -- including the governors of Texas, South Carolina and Louisiana -- have refused to participate in Obamacare's expansion of Medicaid, which would have allowed their residents who earn up to 133 percent of the federal poverty level to get public health coverage.

"Refusing to expand Medicaid would impose huge suffering on lots of poor people, and kill some of them; for people like Jan Brewer, that's a plus," Krugman wrote in a blog post on Tuesday. "But it would also hurt the profits of big health-industry corporations. What's a conservative to do?"

Though Krugman criticized Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R), she broke from the ranks of many of her Republican colleagues Monday when she announced that her state will participate in the Medicaid expansion. Nonetheless, Brewer said in November that her opposition to Obamacare is "unwavering" when she rejected implementing a state-run health insurance exchange as part of health care reform. The Medicaid expansion presumably would help the health care industry because it would enable more patients to get health care regularly.

The more people insured, the more money the health care industry makes, rightwingers hate capitalism? :lol:

Krugman should take advantage of it and seek psychiatric help

His rantings have become such a bore

Good Gawd. Loads of those people will be "subsidized" by our tax dollars.

We will pay more to cover those folks.

The only winners in the ACA are those that don't have HC. The rest of us who do either with beni's or buying our own will be paying up the ass for those that don't.

I'm not interested in paying anyones HC costs. If you are then break YOUR wallet and checkbook and have at it.

Anti-Obamacare governors are boosting their political profiles on the backs of their suffering constituents, according to Paul Krugman.

Ten Republican governors -- including the governors of Texas, South Carolina and Louisiana -- have refused to participate in Obamacare's expansion of Medicaid, which would have allowed their residents who earn up to 133 percent of the federal poverty level to get public health coverage.

"Refusing to expand Medicaid would impose huge suffering on lots of poor people, and kill some of them; for people like Jan Brewer, that's a plus," Krugman wrote in a blog post on Tuesday. "But it would also hurt the profits of big health-industry corporations. What's a conservative to do?"

Though Krugman criticized Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R), she broke from the ranks of many of her Republican colleagues Monday when she announced that her state will participate in the Medicaid expansion. Nonetheless, Brewer said in November that her opposition to Obamacare is "unwavering" when she rejected implementing a state-run health insurance exchange as part of health care reform. The Medicaid expansion presumably would help the health care industry because it would enable more patients to get health care regularly.

The more people insured, the more money the health care industry makes, rightwingers hate capitalism? :lol:

States don't poop Money, they cannot afford to "expand."

The only winners in the ACA are those that don't have HC. The rest of us who do either with beni's or buying our own will be paying up the ass for those that don't.

I'm not interested in paying anyones HC costs. If you are then break YOUR wallet and checkbook and have at it.

You do a lot of shit that my tax dollars subsidze like using roads for example. You taxes pay for a lot of shit, do yoiu even know the break down of where it all goes or are you focused on hating on people?

You do a lot of shit that my tax dollars subsidze like using roads for example. You taxes pay for a lot of shit, do yoiu even know the break down of where it all goes or are you focused on hating on people?

gawd help us if this is the best and brightest from our pulix edumacation

Paul Krugman is a fucking retard. Lets plan for a fake alien invasion! That will jump start the economy!

He should really STFU permanently.

I can't believe this guy, Krugman, is still alive. Oh that's right, NYC voted 81 per cent for Barack Obama.
He's just another turd floating pendent to gravity in a vast sea of sewage.

Krugman has no credibility. The shit that comes out of his mouth is for retards, which explains why you re-posted it here.

I'd much rather subsidize the care of sick American citizens then the slaughter of Iraqi citizens.

Krugman has no credibility. The shit that comes out of his mouth is for retards, which explains why you re-posted it here.

Where are you teaching?

Perhaps with your experience and acumen in the economy, you can publically debate the fellow.

Or at least get an OpEd in a major paper tearing him apart.

Let me know..so I can read it.

His Nobel Prize is about as credible, valid and well-deserved as Al Gore's and President Obama's.

Yep.

That's the thing about most of this country and the rest of the world, and you wingnuts.

The Nobel has meaning.

Except retards think Krugman earned one for macroeconomic god like rockstar. He did not, he got the award on his trade theories. Being economically inept though, I don't expect sycophant retards to know the difference and why Krugman is nothing more than a partisan hack that serves to maintain the stupid in loyal subjects like Swallow and Flacio.

YOu probably think his idea to plan for a fake alien invasion is a good idea too. Because you're economically illiterate. Exactly the way Krugman likes his audience.

Last edited:
His Nobel Prize is about as credible, valid and well-deserved as Al Gore's and President Obama's.

Yep.

That's the thing about most of this country and the rest of the world, and you wingnuts.

The Nobel has meaning.

Except retards think Krugman earned one for macroeconomic god like rockstar. He did not, he got the award on his trade theories. Being economically inept though, I don't expect sycophant retards to know the difference and why Krugman is nothing more than a partisan hack that serves to maintain the stupid in loyal subjects like Swallow and Flacio.

YOu probably think his idea to plan for a fake alien invasion is a good idea too. Because you're economically illiterate. Exactly the way Krugman likes his audience.

Sorry faggot. No swallow for you TakesItUptheAss.

And the fact you can't formulate a cogent retort for anything Krugman has written pretty much proves what a dumb fuck you are..

And your homosexual rants pretty much proves how much a faggot you are TakesItUptheAss.

Yep.

The Nobel has meaning.

Sorry faggot. No swallow for you TakesItUptheAss.

And the fact you can't formulate a cogent retort for anything Krugman has written pretty much proves what a dumb fuck you are..

And your homosexual rants pretty much proves how much a faggot you are TakesItUptheAss.

I don't respond to idiots like Krugman. They are to be mocked. The same as turds like you, pal. DIAF.

Krugman deserved his Nobel Prize about as much as Obama deserved his. He is nothing more than a political hack masquerading as an economist/journalist. Even when given a softball interview with fellow traveler Bill Moyers, he was unable to cite any facts to back up his ridiculous assertions, relying instead on alleged anecdotal experiences. Even his appearance reminds one of a little boy trying to dress up like an adult. What a pathetic POS.

Not my responsibility to pay other peoples bills.

You want to and think its a great thing then Open your wallet and whip out your checkbook and be my guest. You and all like minded can subsidize away.

New Topics

Forum List

Back