Paul draws backlash to comments about poverty

Poverty in Maine​

house1.jpg

214U-049-003.jpg

house2.jpg

a%20eyes%20of%20the%20child.jpg

house3.jpg

Ron Paul's point, that the poor of the USA are better off than many of the completely destitute around the world is valid, enough.​

So the fuck what?​

THIS is not poverty....these are the people living in the richest country in the world...according to Rand Paul, anyway.

Shame I'm too cheap to buy a camera.

I could take a hundred snapshots of locals round here that are as bad or worse than these images (of Maine) in this little villiage I live in.

I can assure you some far too many) of my neighbors are not living lives of luxury.

Better off than the truly destitute in some places in the world?

Undoubtably, much thanks to the social services network that Maine has created

But living high on the hog, like some of the assholes on this board are trying to portrait their lives?

Clearly not.

Last edited:
Piyush Jindal is NOT going to be happy to hear this, but I sure hope he learns this personal responsibility and entitlement junkie stuff pretty quick. I would prefer he learn it BEFORE damning Obama and our Federal government again for not sending more money sooner.

And you think I am gonna backtrack and stumble because someone with a R next to their name is demanding governmental monies that are not owed to them or because they are demanding some government help in their situation??? Errrr, nope... sorry... does not change my stance at all.. because if you have ready any of my prior posts in other threads on this sort of subject, I am not for personal, political, nor corporate welfare or entitlements

So, how about the hundreds of thousands that took FEMA money after the floods in Nashville? Are they all Demcorats and/or liberals as well?

Did not say whether they were of any party affiliation... but I also did not condone governmental funds to rebuild personal residences or businesses

Nice try though

So lefties, which counry is best to live in if you are below the poverty line?

Sweden, Denmark

Other than hot women, why?

Sweden Guide: Social Security, Swedish Social Security: The Swedish social security system is a mix of

Swedish public social security covers all Swedish residents. It is compulsory and is based on the principle of redistribution. Everyone contributes, but only the disadvantaged receive benefits. Its aim is financial security during the different stages of life and it is financed by contributions and tax. Contributions are mainly paid by the employer and very little by the individual.

The social insurance system covers unemployment, occupational injuries, sickness, handicap, maternity and paternity leave, child allowances and elderly persons. To qualify for social insurance you must be a Swedish resident and for occupation related insurance, be or have been employed in the country. Public insurance is mostly income related, except for unemployment benefit, which is a flat rate.

Last edited:
Sweden, Denmark

Other than hot women, why?

Sweden Guide: Social Security, Swedish Social Security: The Swedish social security system is a mix of

Swedish public social security covers all Swedish residents. It is compulsory and is based on the principle of redistribution.Everyone contributes, but only the disadvantaged receive benefits. Its aim is financial security during the different stages of life and it is financed by contributions and tax. Contributions are mainly paid by the employer and very little by the individual.

The social insurance system covers unemployment, occupational injuries, sickness, handicap, maternity and paternity leave, child allowances and elderly persons. To qualify for social insurance you must be a Swedish resident and for occupation related insurance, be or have been employed in the country. Public insurance is mostly income related, except for unemployment benefit, which is a flat rate.

Ahh... forced and not freedom... and selective equality... right up the extreme leftist philosophy tree

No thanks...

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Republican U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul says the poor in America are "enormously better off than the rest of the world," citing an old Cold War film that showed even impoverished homes had color televisions.

Paul draws backlash to comments about poverty - Politics - msnbc.com

And this is AFTER Mitch McConnell schooled him on how to be a "real politician"?? McConnell schooled Angle as well, and just look at her recent comments. I am almost thinking these two Tea Baggers were better off BEFORE they got Mitch's "help"....

You obviously have not traveled internationally. Poverty is a sliding scale depending on where you are. Our poor in no way compare to the poor of many nations. Not even close.

No offense,but this one really is a pretty lame & desperate 'He said/She said' Gotcha attempt. His statements are fact. Our poor are of course far better off than most of the World's poor. This one just isn't gonna work. Better come up with something better. Rand's gonna win despite all the petty personal smearing coming from the Democrats. That's all they have left and most common sense thinking Americans know this. With no "Blame BOOOOOOOOOSH" the Democrats are completely useless. Go get em Rand! :)

Forum List

Back