Paul draws backlash to comments about poverty

Some people in America deserve their lot in life. They have made poor life decisions. They have poor work ethics and poor values. How do you want to punish them? let them starve?

I still don't want to have to stumble over them as I walk down the street. We are the wealthiest nation on earth...we can provide a safety net of services.

How would you stumble over the poor people above you in the street if you are always below in the sewer?

Once again you ducked the quesion. It is quite simple

What do we do with people who have failed?

Do you want them knocking on your door begging for food? Do you want them going through your garbage cans?
Do you want someone with a severe disease or untreated injury begging you to help them?

Help them up to try again.

Absolutely...

There are plenty of charities that help those without food...

Many churches operate food pantries as well...

If you are starving in America then you aren't seeking out those that will help you and your family...

What is the end result of your "freedom to fail" agenda ?

- People going door to door begging for food
- Starving children in the streets
- Poor people with rampant disease
- People sleeping in doorways and allys in every city in America
- Rampant crime

Some people in America deserve their lot in life. They have made poor life decisions. They have poor work ethics and poor values. How do you want to punish them? let them starve?
I still don't want to have to stumble over them as I walk down the street. We are the wealthiest nation on earth...we can provide a safety net of services

You do not get only positives in life, pollyanna.... when you are given the freedom to succeed, you inherently must also take the freedom to fail... you take away the freedom to fail, you also inherently take away the freedom to succeed.... You and those like you (entitlement junkies, ones generous with money as long as it is not their own) think you can use your feel good agenda to make the government the all powerful nanny with the right to confiscate from those you don't like or that you think has 'more than enough'

What happens from people being held accountable for their actions, their decisions, their own situations, etc?? Who knows.. what we do know is that the entitlement junkie giveaway mantra does not eliminate crime, or starving children, or anything else... what it does eliminate is the core personal freedoms that this country was set up on

Again.... nobody is saying that you cannot help the underprivileged, or I cannot, or Joe Blow in Tupelo can't... you can give til you can't give any more... of your own VOLUNTARY will, which is the key if we are indeed a society based on freedoms

We CAN nuke Bolivia too... just because we CAN do something as a government, does not mean it SHOULD be done

You ain't owed shit.. the crack heads ain't owed shit... the bad decision poor ain't owed shit... nobody is owed a goddamn thing for their own personal wants, needs, or upkeep

Once again you ducked the quesion. It is quite simple

What do we do with people who have failed?

Do you want them knocking on your door begging for food? Do you want them going through your garbage cans?
Do you want someone with a severe disease or untreated injury begging you to help them?

What do WE do??? Nothing.... as in the government is not there to "do something" to them or for them for their personal responsibilities...

What CAN you do?? You CAN start a charity on your own to help those you thing need or deserve help... you CAN give as much of your own earnings and time of your own voluntary free will

I don't want rain on Saturdays, nor do I want stinky bums beside me on the sidewalk... I don't WANT a lot of things... does not mean the government is gonna take care of those things because I want them

Again... nobody is OWED a goddamn thing for their own personal needs.. you are the only one responsible for you... something you entitlement junkies or 'generous with the monies of others' junkies cannot seem to grasp

I was on another board a few weeks ago and read a thread between two women discussing that they thought WIC should be more flexible in the food choices they offer as they don't always meet the needs of children with food allergies. In the course of the discussion ( social site ) they also discussed their children's wii's, the new swimming pool one of them was putting in, time on the eliptical they just bought, one of their husband's mini race car as well as the problems one of them was having with her new Blackberry. Then they resumed discussing how hard it was to make their WIC supplies stretch and still buy food for the allergic children. Ain't poverty in America great?

Poverty in Maine
house1.jpg

214U-049-003.jpg

house2.jpg

a%20eyes%20of%20the%20child.jpg

house3.jpg

Ron Paul's point, that the poor of the USA are better off than many of the completely destitute around the world is valid, enough.

So the fuck what?

I was on another board a few weeks ago and read a thread between two women discussing that they thought WIC should be more flexible in the food choices they offer as they don't always meet the needs of children with food allergies. In the course of the discussion ( social site ) they also discussed their children's wii's, the new swimming pool one of them was putting in, time on the eliptical they just bought, one of their husband's mini race car as well as the problems one of them was having with her new Blackberry. Then they resumed discussing how hard it was to make their WIC supplies stretch and still buy food for the allergic children. Ain't poverty in America great?

Yeah...right.

yes there is... it is the little concept of the freedom to fail that goes hand in hand with the freedom to succeed....

As stated SO many motherfucking times... I am all for VOLUNTARILY giving of yourself, your earnings, etc... but not some nanny state government entity feeling generous with the collected monies of others... government is not in existence to take over your personal responsibilities for you... your financial condition, your hunger, your wants, your needs, are ALL YOUR responsibility.. not anyone else's including the government

- Rampant crime

I still don't want to have to stumble over them as I walk down the street. We are the wealthiest nation on earth...we can provide a safety net of services

You do not get only positives in life, pollyanna.... when you are given the freedom to succeed, you inherently must also take the freedom to fail... you take away the freedom to fail, you also inherently take away the freedom to succeed.... You and those like you (entitlement junkies, ones generous with money as long as it is not their own) think you can use your feel good agenda to make the government the all powerful nanny with the right to confiscate from those you don't like or that you think has 'more than enough'

What happens from people being held accountable for their actions, their decisions, their own situations, etc?? Who knows.. what we do know is that the entitlement junkie giveaway mantra does not eliminate crime, or starving children, or anything else... what it does eliminate is the core personal freedoms that this country was set up on

Again.... nobody is saying that you cannot help the underprivileged, or I cannot, or Joe Blow in Tupelo can't... you can give til you can't give any more... of your own VOLUNTARY will, which is the key if we are indeed a society based on freedoms

We CAN nuke Bolivia too... just because we CAN do something as a government, does not mean it SHOULD be done

You ain't owed shit.. the crack heads ain't owed shit... the bad decision poor ain't owed shit... nobody is owed a goddamn thing for their own personal wants, needs, or upkeep

Piyush Jindal is NOT going to be happy to hear this, but I sure hope he learns this personal responsibility and entitlement junkie stuff pretty quick. I would prefer he learn it BEFORE damning Obama and our Federal government again for not sending more money sooner.

Yeah...right.

Yeah right. One of the women is a niece by marriage. If the government wants to find out who is gaming the system all they'd have to do is follow Facebook.

Poverty in Maine
house1.jpg

214U-049-003.jpg

house2.jpg

house3.jpg

Ron Paul's point, that the poor of the USA are better off than many of the completely destitute around the world is valid, enough.

So the fuck what?

THIS is not poverty....these are the people living in the richest country in the world...according to Rand Paul, anyway.

- Rampant crime

Piyush Jindal is NOT going to be happy to hear this, but I sure hope he learns this personal responsibility and entitlement junkie stuff pretty quick. I would prefer he learn it BEFORE damning Obama and our Federal government again for not sending more money sooner.

And you think I am gonna backtrack and stumble because someone with a R next to their name is demanding governmental monies that are not owed to them or because they are demanding some government help in their situation??? Errrr, nope... sorry... does not change my stance at all.. because if you have ready any of my prior posts in other threads on this sort of subject, I am not for personal, political, nor corporate welfare or entitlements

Poverty in Maine
house1.jpg

214U-049-003.jpg

house2.jpg

house3.jpg

So the fuck what?

Those pictures are old & from the Carter administration.

And you think I am gonna backtrack and stumble because someone with a R next to their name is demanding governmental monies that are not owed to them or because they are demanding some government help in their situation??? Errrr, nope... sorry... does not change my stance at all.. because if you have ready any of my prior posts in other threads on this sort of subject, I am not for personal, political, nor corporate welfare or entitlements

So, how about the hundreds of thousands that took FEMA money after the floods in Nashville? Are they all Demcorats and/or liberals as well?

I still don't want to have to stumble over them as I walk down the street. We are the wealthiest nation on earth...we can provide a safety net of services.

How would you stumble over the poor people above you in the street if you are always below in the sewer?

We sewer workers get to come up for air once in a while

I had the priveledge some years back of talking with a young man from South Africa, circa 1997-1999, who was painting the Publisher's Office while I was taking my turn working the phones for Customer Service on the weekend.

Interesting to say the least.

This young man quite possibly knew more about abject poverty than the rest of us combined.

He said, "How can you say you are poor when your house is provided to you "free" from the Government"?

"How can you say you are poor when your house has a floor that is not dirt"?

"How can you say you are poor when your house is heated and air conditioned"?

"How can you say you are poor when you have an automobile"?

"How can you say you are poor when you can go to a Government Office and get a "Book of Stamps" that is free and go to the store and fill a basket with food for you and your family"?

"How can you say you are poor when you can go to the hospital when you are ill or injured and not pay"?

"How can you say you are poor when you have a telephone in your home and in your pocket"?

"How can you say you are poor when your children can go to a school at no charge and be provided with a meal while there at no charge and receive instruction in mathematics, english and the sciences, all free"?

Food for thought.

How is he wrong? I was in lie at the grocery store and saw a fat bitch buying about $150-200 of groceries on food stamps, while talking on her Iphone.

Something is wrong with that!
Freudian slip?

Please explain, how can you tell when someone is paying with food stamps? You must be peering over their shoulder to look at her card...since food stamp cards look just like debit cards.

:eusa_eh:

The food stamp debit card is identifiable as the food stamp debit card. You should know that first hand! :eusa_angel:

Rand Paul has a bad case of food in mouth disease and the insaneinmyown skin disease. He definitely is not going to win moderates, he will probably lose center leaning Republicans (too not voting) and he has a chance to lose a very red Republican seat.

Heck I am not even considering voting for any Democrats in IL, but I would definitely not vote for Paul if I had a chance. I would probably go 3rd party!

Forum List

Back