Paul converted by epileptic fit

I think it's cool that the mentally ill are so adept at diagnosing mental illness in people that lived two thousand years ago. In between their moments of ESP and future-gazing, that is.

Often wondered how many mundane or psychiatric events have been misinterpreted by pre-science era people as religious phenomenae.

yes all based on dreams visions and psychotic episodes , The primitives had no understating of science or mental illness.

Are you saying that Isaiah, Daniel, Ezekiel, Moses....... were having pyschotic episodes? Really, Guno? If you are not saying that then you cannot accuse Paul of any such illness either. So what shall it be? Were the prophets insane or not?

The bible is full of allegories, not historical fact

Often wondered how many mundane or psychiatric events have been misinterpreted by pre-science era people as religious phenomenae.

yes all based on dreams visions and psychotic episodes , The primitives had no understating of science or mental illness.

Are you saying that Isaiah, Daniel, Ezekiel, Moses....... were having pyschotic episodes? Really, Guno? If you are not saying that then you cannot accuse Paul of any such illness either. So what shall it be? Were the prophets insane or not?

The bible is full of allegories, not historical fact
Okay so when it is Moses, Daniel, Ezekiel or Isaiah it is an allegory and when it's Paul it's a case of insanity.

how about Elijah? Care to address the confrontation between him and the prophets of baal? Or his despair after such a great victory - over the news that Jezebel ( Jeze - baal ) vowed to kill him? How about the angel that fed him? The LORD catching him away in a whirlwind - the mantle which Elisha received after watching his departure? Allegory too? What about the axe head that floated - the salt cast into the poison food - the widow with the last cruse of oil, the Syrian captain of the host of the King of Syria, Naaman, who dipped in the river Jordan 7 times and was healed of leprosy? The servant Gehazi who ended up with his leprosy after seeking after money his own master refused to accept from Naaman? How his master saw him in the spirit and knew where he had been? Still all allegories? Tell me something, Guno. Is the God of Israel capable of doing anything that you cannot reason away or explain with your finite mind or can we consider that perhaps you do not know nearly as much as you think you know about G-d of Israel and what He is capable of doing? ( even through His servants such as Paul the Apostle )

Because if it is the former then you will also have to deny David killed Goliath, Joshua didn't enter into the promised land with Caleb, Moses didn't see a burning bush, never received the ten commandments never saw the Red Sea part nor lead millions of Jews to cross over it, the plagues of Egypt never happened and the people in Goshen didn't need to put the blood over their doorposts because there was no angel of death passing through the land. And that is just for starters. The truth is if you do not believe the Word of God you don't believe God! A hard Word for you but none the less a necessary one!

Last edited:
Stalin and Mao would love and adore the "American" Left

Such an intelligent reply frank, very cogent too, Now go run and look at your bible stories picture book

Fucking pathetic sock account

make the mean man stop posting !!!

GlennBeckCrying.jpg

Guno. Think about what I have said to you.. I am taking a dinner break. I'll be back later - G-d willing.

And that is what makes goobers selling prayer cloth and holy water for love gifts to the gullible possible

"Pathetic sock" is redundant...

How to Fleece the Flock for Fun and Profit
Rule number one: Before embarking upon this enterprise of fleecing the flock for fun and profit, one must establish oneself as a special “Anointed” spokesperson for God. This can be accomplished in several ways.

Learn the official “Anointed” Christian buzzwords. You can begin with repeating the word “anointed” in your conversations, making sure that people recognize that you have this special anointing. Setting up people in the audience to be “healed” is a good way of gaining the flock’s confidence. However, make certain the affliction they are healed of is something that is not visible or something that can be medically verified. Headaches and other aches and pains are good to capitalize on. Make certain that you choose the people beforehand so they will not give away what is happening.

Persuading people that you are giving them a secret, hidden knowledge that others do not have will draw them in like flies to honey. This will encourage them to have an awe of your knowledge. Once people recognize you have this anointing, then you can begin to claim apostleship or establish yourself as a prophet of God. This works well as people would rather hear from a prophet than to hear from God through study of His word. Remember to keep them from discovering that you “anointed” yourself. This is vital. If they see that you started out as the only one who said you were anointed, you will never get a flock going and will miss out on all the fun and profit there is when you start fleecing your flock.

Establish yourself as a prophet from God by making a few predictions. It does not matter if they don’t come to pass because you can always claim it was their lack of faith as to why it did not come to pass. The secret to being successful is always to shift the blame back onto them when in a tight spot. Whatever you do, never ever accept responsibility for the lack of failed prophesies as this will taint your image and hinder the pursuit of fleecing the flock for fun and profit.

If anyone challenges you as a prophet of God, remind them of the verse that says “touch not the anointed of God” and of the consequences of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Never mind that neither of these passages have anything to do with you or the situation. It will sound very spiritual if you say it to them with a very stern look on your face and a loud voice. It is essential that you use fear as often as possible to make sure the flock maintains its fear of you. Fear is a great tool to use that will enable you to continue to fleece the flock.

Don’t forget to inject a verse here and there so they will be convinced that this is from God. Choose obscure verses so the flock doesn’t realize that they have nothing to do with what you are saying. Always use the King James Version because most people nowadays don’t understand it and you can use it to make verses say whatever you want them to. If challenged, invoke “divine revelation knowledge” . If any of the flock attempts to read the bible on their own, make sure you direct them to your interpretation of the scriptures by showing them what it “really” means. You can make a good profit on writing your own study Bible with your own notes in the margins. The leather versions can sell for more than $80 each and can give you a good source of income for many years.

Emotionalism is essential for a flock-fleecing . Mimic the most successful fleecers and practice this often until you have it down pat. Aggressively prance back and forth across the stage while waving your arms wildly and be sure to talk fast and loud. For added emphasis, whisper at times to make them strain to hear you and then scream to make them jump out of their seats.

Tears and a lot of mopping of sweat from the forehead and mouth while preaching happens a lot while under the “anointing” and this assures the flock that they are receiving an “anointed” message. Dance a lot and say “Whoooeeee, I feel the anointing comin’ upon me, ….GLORY.” Be certain to make odd noises at times and call them speaking in tongues from the Spirit. This is highly impressive and will ensure the flock’s awe of you.

Those who do such things are going to hell. See my thread, Visions of famous people in hell, Guno. I told you the prosperity Gospel was false. If they don't repent? They will go to hell.

"Pathetic sock" is redundant...

He is neither. He is a Jew thinking about this matter of Paul. Do you mind if we give him some room here? How long did it take us?

Jesus thanks you for your patience! Amen!

I don't have patience with self-styled Christians who see fit to publicly chastise other Christians...and who are incorrect when they take it on.

I didn't say he was a pathetic sock. What I said is that the term "pathetic sock" is redundant.

Do you see the difference? Nothing ticks me off more than someone who chews me out and presumes to tell me how to act when they have completely misunderstood what was said because of their own inability to comprehend the language. Capice?

Well, the Indians in North America considered mentaly ill persons as blessed by Manitou, as far as I know. However they did not make a religion out of it.
In the christiian culture this persons were beleived to be obsessed by the devil, and pretty likely underwent an exorzist treatment or were burnt on bonfires.

Forum List

Back