Paul admits political slip in civil rights remarks

Appearing on Rachel's show wasn't the mistake.

the mistake was trying to skirt around the issue instead of simply laying out his case and discussing the issue with her honesty. She'd have given him the forum and had an honest discussion regarding the particular section of legislation in question had he shown any interest in such a thing instead of trying to avoid explaining his position

Which is worse for America? Career politicians or people who are simply too stupid to actually BE a politician?

Rand Paul is hardly a rookie, he's a legacy. If those are his real beliefs, shame on him. If not, he had every reason to know better than to stick his foot that far down his throat. Either way it's far from impressive.

Appearing on Rachel's show wasn't the mistake.

the mistake was trying to skirt around the issue instead of simply laying out his case and discussing the issue with her honesty. She'd have given him the forum and had an honest discussion regarding the particular section of legislation in question had he shown any interest in such a thing instead of trying to avoid explaining his position

I don't know why he and the rest of his ilk are even blaming Rachel Maddow, he had already been on three recent interviews (I believe that same day) before saying essentially the exact same things...one of which being NPR's "All Things Considered", another being Wolf Blitzer's show.

You people really just love to hate Rachel it seems...this story seals that fact.

Any way, that matters not...she's making her money and mark in the media and will only continue to do so. I think you and your ilk hate her so, because of her penetration in the culture...people of all sides recognize her journalistic integrity, despite her laid back and easy-going style of delivery. Shes' credible...while many others simply aren't.

Now this fool is being shown for the whack-job he is...and you folks are livid...lashing out in the dark, staggering for someone to blame...other than that total nutjob who said those crazy things and the crazies who believe them with him.

November really is getting funner, and funner.

Keep it up guys...really.

LOL!!!

hysterical.gif

Rand Paul is hardly a rookie, he's a legacy.
Yeah.....a legacy that got SCHOOLED by the "queen" o' The Senate!!!!!

"Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) who selected and endorsed Paul’s primary rival while expressing deep private misgivings about the eventual nominee, was mum when approached by reporters Thursday in the Capitol — repeatedly ignoring questions about the controversy.

Asked if he were worried about Paul’s viability in the general election, McConnell grinned and walked into his office without saying a word.
532.gif

Finally, in a frosty statement issued through his chief spokesman, McConnell made plain that he was annoyed by Paul’s comments on the Civil Rights Act."

Rand Paul is going to DC

The Paul's were always the true "Reagan" Candidate, but Republicans refuse to believe that Ronald Reagan is actually that far right!!

In any case, Rand Paul's mistake is that he is too much of a libertarian. He could very well be part of the ACLU!!

Can you imagine that?

Paul is showing his stubborness. He had multiple opportunities to say "Yes I would have voted for Civil Rights" and it all would have been over.

Hope it is a learning experience or he will have a rough campaign

Paul is showing his stubborness. He had multiple opportunities to say "Yes I would have voted for Civil Rights" and it all would have been over.

Hope it is a learning experience or he will have a rough campaign

The campaign ads against him should be entertaining, though!

it took all of ten nanaoseconds for the left to start the race baiting game. that's gotta be an all time record. whooop whoop

it took all of ten nanaoseconds for the left to start the race baiting game. that's gotta be an all time record. whooop whoop

As I stated in a separate thread, if Rand Paul had not poured fuel on the flame, it would have gone out. Fuckin' rookie....

The "Ideal" (like the ideal gas law) Libertarian position would approve of the Civil Rights Act when it comes to government or public area interaction. Where it would differ would be on private property. Here property rights would outweigh societies interest in enforcing the more abstract aspects of the 13th-15th amendments. By abstract I mean the concrete foundings of no slavery etc could not even be done on private property as they would be in general illegal. The right to interact in a contractural nature, however with who you want to would be as long as all aspects of it took place on private property.

Note I do not beleive in this nessisarily, I'm just trying to think out a libertarian perspective on civil rights legislation.

For a non racist libitarian, I would think thier view would be the market would solve the issues of "whites only buisnesses" as they are first of all restricting thier customer base by not only the rule, but by the secondary loss of business from people of thier own color not wanting anything to do with them.

All Paul had to say was "Theoretically, I think businesses should be able to serve customers of their choosing...but in this case something had to be done"

Maybe Rand Paul believe that Tea Partiers are racists and is trying to look as much of a racist himself without actually being racist about it?

If racist form part of your political base why not try to take their vote to the poll?

Politics is a dark and dirty game. Darker and Dirtier than Oil-Tainted Gulf Coast Water!

Rand Paul is going to DC

The Paul's were always the true "Reagan" Candidate, but Republicans refuse to believe that Ronald Reagan is actually that far right!!

In any case, Rand Paul's mistake is that he is too much of a libertarian. He could very well be part of the ACLU!!

Can you imagine that?

No, Rand Paul is more like the idealogical extremists that surrounded Reagan, especially in the early years, than he is like Reagan himself. Read 'The Triumph of Politics' by David Stockman for a good history lesson about all the Reagan-era radical rightwingers and their starry-eyed ideals and ideas for dismantling the federal government. And how they failed miserably.

You people really just love to hate Rachel it seems...this story seals that fact

I think you and your ilk hate her so, because of her penetration in the culture...people of all sides recognize her journalistic integrity, despite her laid back and easy-going style of delivery. Shes' credible...while many others simply aren't.

:eusa_eh:

You're an idiot.

I watched the Rachel maddow interview of Rand Paul and she did exactly what he said the media would do with his comments about keeping the government out of private businesses.

Instead of having an intellectual debate the media will turn it into a 3 word phrase and use it against him politically

Which is exactly what they did

and some of you just follow right along.
Because it's easier for simple minds

Rach gave him plenty of opportunities to make his case and he even so far as to say 'if you agree with 9/10 of a law..', but he refused to argue his case and kept trying to evade th issue.

Forum List

Back