Patriots' Tom Brady suspension

Alex.

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2014
"Tom Brady will be the highest profile player ever suspended in the 96-year history of the NFL.

Roger Goodell's decision is expected to be announced next week and it is no longer a matter of if the NFL commissioner will suspend Brady, but for how long he will suspend him.

In conversations I've had with several key sources who always have a good sense of what goes on at 345 Park Avenue, there is little doubt Goodell considers Brady's role in DeflateGate a serious violation.

The NFL is convinced, according to sources, that connecting all the dots of the evidence supplied by Wells leads to one conclusion:

Brady cheated."

Myers Roger Goodell will suspend Tom Brady for DeflateGate - NY Daily News

He deserves this.

Brady haters are everywhere cause he's the man:thup:

a297ce7eb1fbb74eda0711e1ed43f434-620x463.jpeg

• Banned

The guy broke the rules, lied to the investigators and refused to cooperate. Are you seriously suggesting he should not receive a consequence for his actions?

The guy broke the rules, lied to the investigators and refused to cooperate. Are you seriously suggesting he should not receive a consequence for his actions?
Who cares? "deflated footballs" had nothing to do with the 45 -7 slaughter of the Colts. You must be a Brady hater as well

• Banned

Who cares? "deflated footballs" had nothing to do with the 45 -7 slaughter of the Colts. You must be a Brady hater as well
This situation is bigger than one game. Football is a business and a great deal of people put food on the tables of their families based on how well the brand is doing. Brady and a few others are the face of the brand the NFL cannot let this pass without addressing his actions. He does well and has a measure of integrity the brand does well, they give him a pass, especially after what his coach did then even Vegas walks away as they have from the first game of the season.

This situation is bigger than one game. Football is a business and a great deal of people put food on the tables of their families based on how well the brand is doing. Brady and a few others are the face of the brand the NFL cannot let this pass without addressing his actions. He does well and has a measure of integrity the brand does well, they give him a pass, especially after what his coach did then even Vegas walks away as they have from the first game of the season.

Bullshit Brady is, if not the best, one of the best to ever play his position. but if it makes you feel better he'll be suspended for a few games. every QB has their own tricks they do to get their footballs ready..Really small issue I believe

I am a bills fan and I came to say this is bullshit. What should happen is Brady should be given a warning that if he does this again he will be suspended one game. And that should be the end of it. Roger Goodell is a flaming idiot, who messes everything up. We're talking about deflated footballs for Christ sake. Easily the most overblown football story I ever heard.

Bullshit Brady is, if not the best, one of the best to ever play his position. but if it makes you feel better he'll be suspended for a few games. every QB has their own tricks they do to get their footballs ready..Really small issue I believe
It would have stayed small if Brady was forthcoming and simply fessed up. What he did was create his own shit storm.

I am a bills fan and I came to say this is bullshit. What should happen is Brady should be given a warning that if he does this again he will be suspended one game. And that should be the end of it. Roger Goodell is a flaming idiot, who messes everything up. We're talking about deflated footballs for Christ sake. Easily the most overblown football story I ever heard.
Because of Brady's action is is inflated.

Brady should be suspended for two games. The issue is the lie. The deflating is a moot point.

I would agree with you if the patriots hadn't been warned already.
This isnt the first time.

If the players don't like the rules, then they need to petition for a change, not arbitrarily change them on their own. And the more egregious act is the out and out lying.

Those claiming no big deal, suck on this a minute. What is this teaching our kids involved in sports? And, this is a pattern this team has chosen for years. By allowing it to continue that teaches our kids it is ok, caught or not.

And in the US, sports betting is legal in 4 states. If cheating is going on, then that affects those betting, if it results in skewed results. Just because it did not affect the overall outcome of a championship game, it doesn't mean other close games might not have been effected.

Just because its sports, doesn't mean we look the other way. Many of you stating no big deal have surprised me, because you would scream over that behavior in other areas of life, such as with politicians. You either care for integrity in all things in life, or in nothing. Which is it?

If the players don't like the rules, then they need to petition for a change, not arbitrarily change them on their own. And the more egregious act is the out and out lying.

Those claiming no big deal, suck on this a minute. What is this teaching our kids involved in sports? And, this is a pattern this team has chosen for years. By allowing it to continue that teaches our kids it is ok, caught or not.

And in the US, sports betting is legal in 4 states. If cheating is going on, then that affects those betting, if it results in skewed results. Just because it did not affect the overall outcome of a championship game, it doesn't mean other close games might not have been effected.

Just because its sports, doesn't mean we look the other way. Many of you stating no big deal have surprised me, because you would scream over that behavior in other areas of life, such as with politicians. You either care for integrity in all things in life, or in nothing. Which is it?

Thing is Tommy did petition for the rule change in 2006 IIRC and got what he wanted. The QBs were allowed to bring in own balls and they needed to be inflated to a certain PSI.

He now claims that he did not know of the rule which he sought and succeeded in changing.

"Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has long wanted control over the footballs he throws, to the point where he was the driving force behind a rules change that allowed visiting teams to provide their own footballs, rather than having both teams use footballs provided by the home team.

Brady said at the time that he appreciated the opportunity to address the league’s Competition Committee and get a rule change that he felt would be advantageous to himself and other quarterbacks.

“The thing is, every quarterback likes it a little bit different,” Brady told the Sun-Sentinel at the time. “Some like them blown up a little bit more, some like them a little more thin, some like them a little more new, some like them really broken in.”

Brady pushed for rule to let visiting team provide own footballs ProFootballTalk

Last edited:
"Tom Brady will be the highest profile player ever suspended in the 96-year history of the NFL.

Roger Goodell's decision is expected to be announced next week and it is no longer a matter of if the NFL commissioner will suspend Brady, but for how long he will suspend him.

In conversations I've had with several key sources who always have a good sense of what goes on at 345 Park Avenue, there is little doubt Goodell considers Brady's role in DeflateGate a serious violation.

The NFL is convinced, according to sources, that connecting all the dots of the evidence supplied by Wells leads to one conclusion:

Brady cheated."

He deserves this.

When are they gonna suspend Hillary for destroying her incriminating emails????

Brady cheated."

He deserves this.

When are they gonna suspend Hillary for destroying her incriminating emails????

That's different, democrats have lower standards than the NFL.

Forum List

Back