Patriots Super Bowl ring

I think Simon acted more like he was a part of the Patriots Offense.

The best "team" won that game...not the best team of "starters" or the best team of "pro bowl caliber players"...but the best overall team. Simon and Butler were both backups. The Patriot's backup was better prepared than the Seahawk's backup and that resulted in a win for the Pats. That's on the Seahawks coaching staff.

This has nothing to do with the Seahawks. It has to do with the Patriots cheating through the season and in the playoffs. The problem with the Super Bowl is not that they beat the Seahawks, it's that without cheating they may not have gotten there in the first place. The text messages show that they were doing this all year and probably last year too. Had they played it straight they probably would not have had the W/L record they had that gave them homefield advantage and now the whole dynamic of the playoffs changes. Unfortunately, the champions cheated so we will never know who the best team last year truly was. Don't get pissed at us for calling a spade a spade. Get pissed at Brady for cheating.

They've been "doing this" since the NFL changed the rules and allowed quarterbacks to have their own game balls.

And once again you're using words like "probably" and "may not have". The truth of the matter is that you don't have a shred of proof that the Patriots cheated to win games. You just ASSUME they did because you don't like the Patriots!

Ok so lets say you go into your daughter's room and find a wet patch in the carpet that smells suspiciously like bong water. Then you read a text on her phone that says "Dude I can't believe you broke my bong. You did the same thing last year". Ok....the evidence suggest your daughter is smoking grass and has been for at least a year. Or are you just going to blow it off and say "well I never actually saw her smoke grass...maybe she didn't inhale." And you are calling me a homer? Sheesh....talk about denial. What a clown!!!

That's an awful analogy. You know what this whole thing is about? Perception. You come down with those fines...that length of a suspension...the loss of those draft choices because the Patriot's game balls were slightly under inflated? Really? That's fucking ABSURD!

You want a better analogy? Let's say someone's driving down the road doing five miles an hour over the speed limit and they get pulled over by the Police. They're then given a speeding ticket not because of what they did THIS time but because EIGHT YEARS AGO...they were caught doing twenty miles an hour over the speed limit. That's akin to what happened here. You don't come down on anyone for a few pounds of pressure missing out of a game ball that the officials didn't take note of.

You can get a ticket driving 58 in a 70.

The best "team" won that game...not the best team of "starters" or the best team of "pro bowl caliber players"...but the best overall team. Simon and Butler were both backups. The Patriot's backup was better prepared than the Seahawk's backup and that resulted in a win for the Pats. That's on the Seahawks coaching staff.

This has nothing to do with the Seahawks. It has to do with the Patriots cheating through the season and in the playoffs. The problem with the Super Bowl is not that they beat the Seahawks, it's that without cheating they may not have gotten there in the first place. The text messages show that they were doing this all year and probably last year too. Had they played it straight they probably would not have had the W/L record they had that gave them homefield advantage and now the whole dynamic of the playoffs changes. Unfortunately, the champions cheated so we will never know who the best team last year truly was. Don't get pissed at us for calling a spade a spade. Get pissed at Brady for cheating.

They've been "doing this" since the NFL changed the rules and allowed quarterbacks to have their own game balls.

And once again you're using words like "probably" and "may not have". The truth of the matter is that you don't have a shred of proof that the Patriots cheated to win games. You just ASSUME they did because you don't like the Patriots!

Ok so lets say you go into your daughter's room and find a wet patch in the carpet that smells suspiciously like bong water. Then you read a text on her phone that says "Dude I can't believe you broke my bong. You did the same thing last year". Ok....the evidence suggest your daughter is smoking grass and has been for at least a year. Or are you just going to blow it off and say "well I never actually saw her smoke grass...maybe she didn't inhale." And you are calling me a homer? Sheesh....talk about denial. What a clown!!!

That's an awful analogy. You know what this whole thing is about? Perception. You come down with those fines...that length of a suspension...the loss of those draft choices because the Patriot's game balls were slightly under inflated? Really? That's fucking ABSURD!

You want a better analogy? Let's say someone's driving down the road doing five miles an hour over the speed limit and they get pulled over by the Police. They're then given a speeding ticket not because of what they did THIS time but because EIGHT YEARS AGO...they were caught doing twenty miles an hour over the speed limit. That's akin to what happened here. You don't come down on anyone for a few pounds of pressure missing out of a game ball that the officials didn't take note of.

What a fucking joker. They engaged in an orchestrated effort to circumvent the rules, dude. They got nailed and instead of being a man and saying "yep...my boys done fucked up and I hope Brady learns his lesson as he sits his ass on the bench for a while" you are being a pussy, kicking your feet, and pounding your fists and crying that everyone else is picking on you and your team. Just like a little child crying "but Mommy it's not my fault. He did it. He did it!" What a wuss. Man up and represent your team with some fucking dignity.

trollstyle always goes into meltdown mode when he gets his ass handed to him on a platter and taken to school.:biggrin:

Only this time he has many joining him cause its a scary thought for them to have to face reality that a sport that is near and dear to them is now going to be remembered as the greatest scandal in sports history next to the black sox scandal.we know it,they know it.

What a fucking joker. They engaged in an orchestrated effort to circumvent the rules, dude. They got nailed and instead of being a man and saying "yep...my boys done fucked up and I hope Brady learns his lesson as he sits his ass on the bench for a while" you are being a pussy, kicking your feet, and pounding your fists and crying that everyone else is picking on you and your team. Just like a little child crying "but Mommy it's not my fault. He did it. He did it!" What a wuss. Man up and represent your team with some fucking dignity.

trollstyle always goes into meltdown mode when he gets his ass handed to him on a platter and taken to school.:biggrin:

Only this time he has many joining him cause its a scary thought for them to have to face reality that a sport that is near and dear to them is now going to be remembered as the greatest scandal in sports history next to the black sox scandal.we know it,they know it.

You claiming that "Deflategate" is the greatest scandal in sports history next to the Black Sox scandal...handed me my ass on a platter?

You're an idiot. Not misguided. Not confused. You're just a complete and UTTER idiot!

You claiming that "Deflategate" is the greatest scandal in sports history next to the Black Sox scandal...handed me my ass on a platter?

You're an idiot. Not misguided. Not confused. You're just a complete and UTTER idiot!
IOW's he handed you your ass AGAIN!!! :lol:

Which are bigger sports scandals...Lance Armstrong doping and having all his Tour De France titles stripped from him...Ben Johnson taking steroids and having his Olympic gold medal taken away from him...Tanya Harding having Nancy Kerrigan's knee taken out...the Calciapoli soccer fixing scandal...some 80 major league baseball players being named as steroid users in the Mitchell Report...the point shaving in college basketball back in the 50's...SMU being given the "death penalty" for paying players?

Footballs being slightly under inflated is such a MINOR scandal compared to the rest of these things that it's laughable that you make the claim that it's a major scandal!

And if you agree with 9/11 that "deflategate" is the biggest sports scandal since the Black Sox World Series...then you're as big an idiot as he is, Dottie!

And if you agree with 9/11 that "deflategate" is the biggest sports scandal since the Black Sox World Series...then you're as big an idiot as he is, Dottie!

It really depends on how long they have been using the deflated balls doesn't it.

Every one of the Patriots Super Bowls, and every opportunity to make it to the playoffs has been riddled with a whole lot of close games.

I believe a deflated ball is an advantage for Brady...so does Tommy or he wouldn't feel like he needs the balls to have lower than regulation pressure.

If Brady was throwing with a regulation ball his whole career would it have made a difference? I'm sure Tommy thinks so or he wouldn't have illegally requested them. The real question is just how long this has been going on isn't it. No, in the game with the Colts it obviously wasn't a big deal.

Which are bigger sports scandals...Lance Armstrong doping and having all his Tour De France titles stripped from him...Ben Johnson taking steroids and having his Olympic gold medal taken away from him...Tanya Harding having Nancy Kerrigan's knee taken out...the Calciapoli soccer fixing scandal...some 80 major league baseball players being named as steroid users in the Mitchell Report...the point shaving in college basketball back in the 50's...SMU being given the "death penalty" for paying players?

Footballs being slightly under inflated is such a MINOR scandal compared to the rest of these things that it's laughable that you make the claim that it's a major scandal!

I'm not sure where Brady falls in all of this however, here is a list of major scandals over years. I excluded off field incidents, such as murder and other issues that did not influence the game.

DeflateGate
Black Sox Scandal
Lance Armstrong PEDs
Baseball PEDs
Pete Rose's Gambling
Tim Donaghy's Gambling
Spygate
1972 Olympic Basketball Men's Final
Tyson vs. Holyfield, the Big Bite.
BountyGate
Tonya Harding vs. Nancy Kerrigan
Rosie Ruiz's Marathon shortcut
SMU Death Penalty
Boston College Point Shaving Scandal
George Brett Pine Tar
2008 Crashgate
Danny Almonte Little League Scandal
Tour de France PED scandal
Reggie Bush/Pete Carroll USC Scandal
Salt Lake City Olympic Bribery Scandal
1996 World Cup-Maradona Hand of God
40's & 50's College Basketball Point Shaving Scandal
Ben Johnson PED scandal
Univ. of Minnesota academic Scandal
1962 College Basketball Point Shaving Scandal
1997 Arizona St. Point Shaving Scandal
1998 Northwestern Point Shaving Scandal
Operation Slapshot 2006
Ndamukong Suh Intentional Hand Steps
Soap Box Derby, in the 70's

Not deflecting but trying to think of Brady in the big picture and how it will look in 10 years. PEDs to me seem the bigger offense. McGwire, Bonds, Clemens screwed with all sorts of records and the effect almost destroyed baseball.

It really depends on how long they have been using the deflated balls doesn't it.

Every one of the Patriots Super Bowls, and every opportunity to make it to the playoffs has been riddled with a whole lot of close games.

I believe a deflated ball is an advantage for Brady...so does Tommy or he wouldn't feel like he needs the balls to have lower than regulation pressure.

If Brady was throwing with a regulation ball his whole career would it have made a difference? I'm sure Tommy thinks so or he wouldn't have illegally requested them. The real question is just how long this has been going on isn't it. No, in the game with the Colts it obviously wasn't a big deal.

Since the rule allowing quarterback to use their own game balls was passed in 2006 and prior to that all balls used in game were provided by the league...Tom Brady's Super Bowl wins in 2001, 2003 and 2004 COULDN'T have been accomplished with deflated balls...just as his win in 2014 couldn't have been accomplished with them either because the officials were making sure they were regulation.

So don't even TRY going there with the ridiculous notion that the only reason Brady has had the career he has is because of deflated balls!

Brady likes his ball to be on the lowest part of the allowable pressure...Aaron Rogers likes his ball to be overinflated. So why isn't Roger's being attacked for being a "cheater"? When an opposing defensive back tries to intercept one of Roger's passes isn't that made more difficult because he's not used to catching a ball that hard? Doesn't that give Rogers an advantage? Just saying...

Brady likes his ball to be on the lowest part of the allowable pressure...Aaron Rogers likes his ball to be overinflated. So why isn't Roger's being attacked for being a "cheater"? When an opposing defensive back tries to intercept one of Roger's passes isn't that made more difficult because he's not used to catching a ball that hard? Doesn't that give Rogers an advantage? Just saying...

I willing to guess that ALL footballs used in the future will be within regs.

I willing to guess that ALL footballs used in the future will be within regs.

That didn't answer my question, Huggy. Why isn't Rogers being given the same treatment as Brady?

And just to put this issue in context...remember that the Patriots are being punished so harshly because they are "repeat offenders"! Because they were found to be guilty by the league eight years ago in what came to be known as "Spygate". The truth of the matter however is that Spygate was always a crock as the following article points out rather well.
The Truth About Spygate Punishing Success and Promoting Parity Bleacher Report
So not only were the Patriots unfairly punished for doing something that wasn't against the rules for Spygate...they were doing something that was done by a number of other teams and well known coaches.
Then to make this whole situation even MORE ridiculous...the unfair treatment they received for Spygate has now become the justification for the even MORE unfair treatment they are receiving for "Deflategate"!

Last edited:
And idiots like 9/11 and Dottie conveniently ignore the fact that the Patriots won games both before and AFTER their supposed "advantage" was taken away from them! So why didn't the Patriots stumble and start losing games once they could no longer tape opposing sidelines or use softer footballs? Quite obviously neither was the reason they were winning in the first place! That was simply the excuse that people who were envious of their success came up with as to why they were winning.

that was brought up by steven smith and skip bayless not too long ago how all their superbowls were close games and that it had to be a factor in those games which any non biased person here would agree on.Its just the BIASED people such as trollstyle and pooper who wont look at the facts,that are in denial on this.

it wasnt a factor in the superbowl with the balls not being deflated but as all non biased people know,they were not the team from the AFC that should have been there.should have been the ravens where the deflated balls were a factor.

this is a great video with steven smith and skip bayless.whats funny about it is there was a video made before this one with those two where smith was being rambling trying to defend Belicheat.Now in this one,he has done an about face and pretty much agrees that they are cheats.:biggrin:

I'll see if I can find that other video where smith was defending him before this one where he pretty much agrees with most everything skip bayless says.

whats cool about this video is bayless has been a huge fan of tom brady for years and of the patriots team and admits their wrong doing.too bad people like trollstyle,pooper,hangover and others cant be mature like bayless is and deal with reality like he is.:rolleyes-41:

Brady used illegal footballs back in 2004 opposing QB New York Post

Brady used illegal footballs back in 2004 opposing QB New York Post

This is really making my stomach turn given the billions $$$ and huge endorsements involved. I think the Justice Dept might want to take a look at their *cough* business plan..

Forum List

Back