Patriot's Picnic

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Patriot's Picnic
Why it may be worth it to take a stand. There's many links and other's comments here:

SINCE NOVEMBER, we’ve witnessed a dramatic change in the rhetoric from the radical left. They’ve shifted their attention away from President Bush, and are now directing much more fire towards the US military as an institution.

We’ve seen organizations trying to stir discontent amongst military veterans, families, and relatives of fallen warriors. We’ve seen encouragement and coddling of shirkers and deserters. We’ve seen anti-military graffiti and banners outside military bases, targeting the morale of the troops and their families. We’ve seen advertisements on buses for “military counseling,” advising the troops on how to get early discharges.

We’ve even seen groups targeting local high schools with “counter-recruitment” leaflets, discouraging teenagers from considering the military as a career. This morning, I went to Point Loma High School, which was the target of their latest effort, to pass out some leaflets of my own:

Support Our Troops?

The photo above was taken in Umm Qasr, Iraq in June 2003. That’s me on the left. I’m a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

I spent most of 2003 in Kuwait and Iraq. I’m not a baby killer; I didn’t destroy any mosques; I never abused or tortured anyone; and although I was never far from my weapon, I never had occasion to use it.

I didn’t join the military because I was poor, or because I wanted to kill people and break things. And I wasn’t a pawn in someone else’s game. I support our mission in Iraq.

I volunteered to serve because I appreciate the rights that we all enjoy as Americans, and I realize that someone has to be prepared to defend those freedoms.

I find it ironic that some choose to exercise those same freedoms by denigrating the efforts of those who risk their lives to defend them. But I respect their right to do so.

I’m not a politician. I’m not going to ask you to support a particular cause or party. It’s up to you to figure out where you stand.

I’m not a recruiter. I’m not here today to ask you to join the military; that is a very serious life decision that you will have to make on your own. It’s not for everyone.

All I ask for is respect – for my fellow veterans, for our volunteer military, and for their families. They deserve your support.

Thank you.

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protestor to burn the flag.

- Father Dennis Edward O'Brian, USMC

I suppose it was just a question of time. Leftist vermin have never supported the military. Their "I support the troops" assertion was simply a thin, cheesy veneer which they applied because they knew that attacking the military at that time would have brought all hell down upon them. So they toned down their rhetoric and bided their time.

Now the roaches are coming out of the woodwork again. How long before the flag burnings? How long before the military is again villified? The left has to have someone or something to hate. Without hate, there is no bond which holds them together. Bush hatred has begun to run its course, so now the left has to find a new victim.

Personally, I never ever believed any of the lying scum when they screeched about their so-called patriotism and when they claimed that they supported the troops. Hell, these bastards don't even support their own country.

Forum List

Back