Patriotism...what makes you feel it?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
20171015_150652.jpg

Zoom in! My whole house shook.

Is this one of those things that if you stare long enough a sail boat or some shit appears?

In Colorado, I live on a mountain, and below on the flat land is Pete Field. Sometimes I would be out on the porch, and the jets would just appear right in front of me. It was thrilling. I'd jump up and down and they would tip their wing. Sometimes it was helicopters. Kinda reminded me of that movie with Patrick Swayze and the kids in school somewhere in Co. and the helicopter just appears out of nowhere. Kind of eerie.

I feel patriotism from the knowledge that this country's forebears went through a lot of hard work, and blood/sweat/tears sacrifice to give me the 1st-world life I enjoy. I think of patriotism as a way of saying thank you.

Many members of my family proudly served in various branches of our military so patriotism is a part of life. And I believe that most of our residents share a deep love of this great country and that we’ll always find a way to overcome our many problems.

It sometimes saddens me, and almost always angers me, to see a lot of losers disparaging our country. But those who do so are usually the same worthless troublemakers who have never contributed anything to this society anyway. So they should probably just be ignored.

Knowing immigrants from all over the world built this country...a true diverse melting pot.

Forum List

Back