Patriotism Test

What makes America really great is I can get on the internet and tell blowhards like DGS49 to go fuck themselves.

Sincerely,
manifold

So YOU as OBAMA have a problem with American Exceptionalism?

NOTED along with the fucking DERPS that thanked YOU for this idiotic post.

Well done...ALL of you.
the American Exceptionalism!! you rave so much about is a fantasy..real american exceptionalism..is letting anybody and everybody have their say...

What makes America really great is I can get on the internet and tell blowhards like DGS49 to go fuck themselves.

Sincerely,
manifold

Well done...ALL of you.

Funny seeing such an archaic old geezer using terms like 'derp'.

Sincerely,
manifold

no that is not it. try again. How about opportunity for all that will work, even people of limited ability like yourself for example.

Sincerely,
manifold

Well done...ALL of you.

Funny seeing such an archaic old geezer using terms like 'derp'.

The Term 'Geezer' is subjective, myophic and an excuse for you to be stupid. By all means?

Use it. I won't stand in your way.

You have the freedom to decide what you want to do with your life.

How well you do is based on the choices you make.

Sincerely,
manifold

no that is not it. try again. How about opportunity for all that will work, even people of limited ability like yourself for example.

Wow...that's what Dems want....opportunity for ALL that will work....even people of limited ability. Because until procreation by those "limited" people is banned(I could see that as a GOP agenda item at some point), there's always going to be people with strong backs and weak minds having kids that need fed, clothed, educated and housed.

Not to mention that the simple fact is....when the workforce does well....it trickles UP to the wealthy...more wealth for more people means more demand..more demand means more goods and services are sold..meaning more profit for them...meaning more jobs...and so on.

Right wing rhetoric says that businesses drive the economy, and in part, they are right...but the real driver is demand...you'll never create demand by marginalizing the vast majority of the population. It's stupid to even suggest that it will. Talk about people with limited ability.

Last edited:
Checking back...

Not too many substantive responses, but I guess I didn't expect much.

To those of you who are aware of what's going on in the world, do you suppose that the Prime Ministers of, for example, France, Germany, Great Britain, and Israel don't, each individually, believe that their country is in some way superior to all the rest? That their way of governance and life should be an example to all? Of course they do; it is apparent in almost every public appearance in international forums.

And yet we in America spend so much time fretting about our problems and shortcomings that "we" no longer believe in American exceptionalism - even when it is so obvious to anyone who is paying attention. We have the greatest economy in the world by far, the greatest influence politically,militarily, academically, artistically - even in international sports with the exception of (gag) soccer. And who cares about that? Who is the presumptive favorite in most events at the Olympics. It's U.S. vs ROW, and generally it comes out about even.

And our President goes around apologizing for our actions and bowing to petty potentates from afar.

It is a disgrace.

Although Patriotism is not dead in this country, in polite circles it has become the equivalent of a social disease - like smoking. If you say or imply that you love your country you are considered an idiot or a zenophobe. If you say or imply that NOT EVERY BASTARD WHO WASHES UP ON OUR BORDERS ought to be allowed to stay here and feed on our riches, you are called a racist and/or a bigot.

I dropped out of college and enlisted in the Army at the height of the Vietnam War because I felt a duty to protect the interests of my country. I never regretted that decision for a minute. Does that make me a Patriot? Maybe.

But outside the South, such a sentiment is virtually non-existent in this country today. The constant bad-mouthing of government, criticism of core institutions, and cynicism about political leaders, has resulted in a couple generations of people who have no fucking idea that they are privileged to live in a country like this, where you can achieve whatever your talents and perseverence warrant, where you can stand up on a literal or figurative soapbox and spout just about any sort of nonsense you want, and have an army of lawyers, pro bono, fighting for your right to say it.

If you COULDN'T write an essay about what makes America exceptional, you are no patriot and you really don't deserve to live here.

But feel free to stay. You are in the majority.

Checking back...

To those of you who are aware of what's going on in the world, do you suppose that the Prime Ministers of, for example, France, Germany, Great Britain, and Israel don't, each individually, believe that their country is in some way superior to all the rest? That their way of governance and life should be an example to all? Of course they do; it is apparent in almost every public appearance in international forums.

And yet we in America spend so much time fretting about our problems and shortcomings that "we" no longer believe in American exceptionalism - even when it is so obvious to anyone who is paying attention. We have the greatest economy in the world by far, the greatest influence politically,militarily, academically, artistically - even in international sports with the exception of (gag) soccer. And who cares about that? Who is the presumptive favorite in most events at the Olympics. It's U.S. vs ROW, and generally it comes out about even.

And our President goes around apologizing for our actions and bowing to petty potentates from afar.

It is a disgrace.

Although Patriotism is not dead in this country, in polite circles it has become the equivalent of a social disease - like smoking. If you say or imply that you love your country you are considered an idiot or a zenophobe. If you say or imply that NOT EVERY BASTARD WHO WASHES UP ON OUR BORDERS ought to be allowed to stay here and feed on our riches, you are called a racist and/or a bigot.

I dropped out of college and enlisted in the Army at the height of the Vietnam War because I felt a duty to protect the interests of my country. I never regretted that decision for a minute. Does that make me a Patriot? Maybe.

But outside the South, such a sentiment is virtually non-existent in this country today. The constant bad-mouthing of government, criticism of core institutions, and cynicism about political leaders, has resulted in a couple generations of people who have no fucking idea that they are privileged to live in a country like this, where you can achieve whatever your talents and perseverence warrant, where you can stand up on a literal or figurative soapbox and spout just about any sort of nonsense you want, and have an army of lawyers, pro bono, fighting for your right to say it.

If you COULDN'T write an essay about what makes America exceptional, you are no patriot and you really don't deserve to live here.

I see where you are coming from now. I thought you were some kid in college fishing for a homework assignment

There is nothing wrong with America being exceptional per se. The problem arises when we use our own perceived exceptionalism as an excuse for not having to ackonwledge our faults or recognize the opinions and needs of other nations. Don't you realize we are exceptional?

Having faults and openly recognizing them and fixing them is not a challenge to our exceptionalism.......it helps reaffirm it

Last edited:
Checking back...

It is a disgrace.

I see where you are coming from now. I thought you were some kid in college fishing for a homework assignment

There is nothing wrong with America being exceptional per se. The problem arises when we use our own perceived exceptionalism as an excuse for not having to ackonwledge our faults or recognize the opinions and needs of other nations. Don't you realize we are exceptional?

Having faults and openly recognizing them and fixing them is not a challenge to our exceptionalism.......it helps reaffirm it

I'm sorry too. Many of us thought the same thing.
There really are quite a few college kids who come in here and try to get their homework done for them.
My Bad dude. :redface:

Checking back...

It is a disgrace.

There really are quite a few college kids who come in here and try to get their homework done for them.

Just the same, you don't come on the board demanding that posters write an essay for you

What made us unique at the beginning of our nation is that American exceptionalism refers to the special character of the United States as a uniquely free nation based on Republic ideals and personal liberty. With the three branches having their own type of powers but separate and the Federal Government being relative small with people being free from government and the people having the
power to rule it.
The most important part was you could make it better here, as a living and that your children had it better than you. Sadly that is not the case any longer.

As President Jefferson and many of our founders said, we were an experiment. We were the first to have this type of Government and we still are the only ones who have this this type of Government.
It worked beautifully, till Government became too powerful and too micro managing, over the last 100 years or so.

What the Founder's forgot to put in our Constitution was protection against the Minority ruling over the Majority.They put in plenty of protections of the Majority ruling over the Minority.

Last edited:

Just the same, you don't come on the board demanding that posters write an essay for you

Very true !
This is why we thought what we did.

There are many ways that my nation is exceptional.

There are many ways that my nation needs to improve.

A true patriot is aware of both of these facts. And works to continue the first, and correct the last.

Even when people accuse him or her of being unpatriotic for the latter.

Sincerely,
manifold

Wow...that's what Dems want....opportunity for ALL that will work....even people of limited ability. Because until procreation by those "limited" people is banned(I could see that as a GOP agenda item at some point), there's always going to be people with strong backs and weak minds having kids that need fed, clothed, educated and housed.

Not to mention that the simple fact is....when the workforce does well....it trickles UP to the wealthy...more wealth for more people means more demand..more demand means more goods and services are sold..meaning more profit for them...meaning more jobs...and so on.

Right wing rhetoric says that businesses drive the economy, and in part, they are right...but the real driver is demand...you'll never create demand by marginalizing the vast majority of the population. It's stupid to even suggest that it will. Talk about people with limited ability.
This

https://www.google.com/search?q=sta...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Is more than ample proof that you are wrong. There is no lack of demand in those places. Yet, there is no booming economy either. If economic prosperity were driven by demand, then these would be the richest places on Earth.

To reply to the OP:

No thank you. Any kind of essay (funny how everyone here seemed to have missed that) by its very nature, would not be inclusive enough to be persuasive, as you can see by those who look only to see the wrongs, and never the rights.

In order to write about the Exceptionalism of America, we would need to write a whole encyclopedia set.

I'm just not up to that this afternoon. Sorry.

Checking back...

It is a disgrace.

Thanks for your service my dad served during Vietnam and great except saying just in the south that's ridiculous patriots ate all over especially cons in Michigan :cool:
We have more and more people that don't even understand how capitalism works sir (govt job expansion fools). That's what I think you meant a different bunch but pride is alive.

Could you write a short essay on the topic, "What Makes America Special?"
Texas.jpg

Checking back...

It is a disgrace.

Talk is cheap.
I am American but Southern by the Grace of God.
Actions make the individual, never words.

Forum List

Back