Patriotic to blame a victim?

How would the daughters know what kind of sexual matters Newt and Marianne discussed? If the reason they "know" it is because he told them there was no discussion of that ... well ... we know that Newt has a problem with honesty so why would we believe that?

They simply wouldn't know.

Why would Newt have his daughters speak about that? Seems to me that Newt is using his family as a sort of shield. More so than usual for candidates. So what if he is a wonderful grandfather now? We're not voting for America's Granddad.

All those people who love him maintain that he has changed? Well, it's great that he has built satisfying family ties. But all this recent feel-good stuff happened in a different setting, away from the Washington stress factory. What will he be like when he gets back into a position of 24/7 political responsibility? Is he stable enough to be president?

Invoking the word "patriots" with that insulting language about Marianne just struck a wrong note for me. As if there were two choices: either believe that so-and-so Marianne or do the patriotic thing and embrace Newt.

His experience from the 1990's is part of his resume. And dismissing Marianne is too easy.

to my knowledge he didn't "have them" do anything. Prove that if you can. They are adults and it's probably been a good number of years since they did what he told them to do..

I never mentioned patriotism. so you lie.

Marianne got what she wanted money and revenge.. if that's patriotic to ewe then so be it. I can't argue with your taste buds now can I?

No, Willow, I did not lie. Did I say you mentioned patriotism? This thread is about Fred Grandy's wife using the word "patriots":

"What I'm hoping is that the Americans who watch this, the patriots who watch this, will look at this and say, 'OK, this is a woman who is angry, seems unstable, a little unhinged,' because that was her rep."

This patriot will take what Marianne says with a grain of salt, but I'll also try to be realistic about Newt. Excoriating Marianne won't make Newt any more honest or any more stable.

He is what he is.

If there is a patriotic duty to invoke, it would be that we try to intelligently assess his strengths and weaknesses. IMHO. I don't see how putting Marianne down helps us do that. And I just didn't appreciate how Mrs. Mann-Grandy framed it in that language of supposed patriotism. That's all. :dunno:

Last edited:
Mann-Grandy said she hopes Americans dismiss Marianne Gingrich as a loose cannon. "What I'm hoping is that the Americans who watch this, the patriots who watch this, will look at this and say, 'OK, this is a woman who is angry, seems unstable, a little unhinged,' because that was her rep."

Newt Ally Calls Ex-Wife Unstable, Unhinged - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

I don't much care for how Fred Grandy's wife invoked the word "patriots" here.

I realize that Marianne Gingrich committed adultery with Newt on Newt's first wife and so I don't feel sorry for Marianne exactly. But I don't think it's patriotic to call a woman unhinged, or to suggest that other Americans should call a woman unhinged.

Just sayin'.

Another mark of Newt's lack of Christian manhood.

This patriot will take what Marianne says with a grain of salt, but I'll also try to be realistic about Newt. Excoriating Marianne won't make Newt any more honest or any more stable.

He is what he is.

If there is a patriotic duty to invoke, it would be that we try to intelligently assess his strengths and weaknesses. IMHO. I don't see how putting Marianne down helps us do that. And I just didn't appreciate how Mrs. Mann-Grandy framed it in that language of supposed patriotism. That's all. :dunno:

well vote for obama then.. and listen up.. one more time.. we haven't put Marianne down.. she tried to pull Gingrich down and it backfired on herself and two major networks.. she earned her Judas payment and got her 15 minutes of fame.

Last edited:

He is what he is.

well vote for obama then.. and listen up.. one more time.. we haven't put Marianne down.. she tried to pull Gingrich down and it backfired on herself and two major networks.. she earned her Judas payment and got her 15 minutes of fame.

WillowTree, if you had been her, I think you would have acted the same way, knowing that this story would out. She is trying to control her sordid past and protect her self.

These are not people we want in the WH. You vote Obama, I am voting Romney.

He is what he is.

WillowTree, if you had been her, I think you would have acted the same way, knowing that this story would out. She is trying to control her sordid past and protect her self.

These are not people we want in the WH. You vote Obama, I am voting Romney.

I will not vote obummer. I will vote for anybody but obummer.

Forum List

Back