Patriotic to blame a victim?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Amelia, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Amelia

Amelia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,119
    Newt Ally Calls Ex-Wife Unstable, Unhinged - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

I don't much care for how Fred Grandy's wife invoked the word "patriots" here.

I realize that Marianne Gingrich committed adultery with Newt on Newt's first wife and so I don't feel sorry for Marianne exactly. But I don't think it's patriotic to call a woman unhinged, or to suggest that other Americans should call a woman unhinged.

Just sayin'.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    To be specific, her behavior is that of a woman that is mean, petty, vindictive and jealous. Taken to excess as the ex-Mrs has done can be described as being the behavior of someone so mean, petty, vindictive and jealous they are unhinged.

3. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,702
    I wouldn't call her unhinged. I'd call her a bought and paid for ABC whore.

4. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,089
    katz, if hillary had come out and said that of bill clinton as the newt ex did of him, would hillary have been ''unhinged'' as you claim of newt's ex?

And what would make Newt marry such an ''unhinged'' woman in the first place? Thinking between his legs instead of above his shoulders?

5. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,702
    If Hilary waited 20 years, and did it as vindictively as this woman did? Yep..

6. Sherry

Sherry You're not the boss of me Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,082
    My take on it was that we, as patriots, should not be distracted from focusing on who will best get our nation's economy back on track. Most of us probably know someone who's lost a job and/or home, and that can make people place a higher, or lesser, priority on certain issues. It's sad that we've come to this, but it is what it is...ABO is a real state of mind for many.

7. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Doesn't that require an assumption that Marianne Gingrich was mean, petty, vindictive and jealous before Newt married her?

8. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Not to even MENTION that patriotism or love of country has any connection to how someone's behavior is judged. Not unless you imagine that Marianne Gingrich is somehow so enwined with the nation that finding her behavior ridiculous is treasonous.

9. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,089
    has it been 20 years?

Honestly, the woman has no room to condemn...and what did she expect....didn't she have an affair with Newt while he was still married to number 1?

but I still don't think she is necessarily "unhinged", more like a woman who was hurt very badly or scorned....but "unhinged" as if she has some mental disability or is retarded, no, i just don't think so....

10. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,702

It's been a long time. They have grown daughters. Her story is one sided too. Newt denies her allegations. Here's how I judge the situation. It wasn't Newt who went public on ABC and bad mouthed his ex wife.. It was the ex wife,,, and i can think of two good reason.. money,,,,and to ruin his chances of becoming the nominee. I'm quite sure her daughters won't look on her as a hero.. I believe they petitioned ABC to not run the story..