Patriot Act wire taps vs. TSA search guidlines

Do you agree with the NSA & TSA search methods?

• Total voters
Wiretapping should only be done if there is no other way to catch a criminal in the act.

Searching people boarding commercial flights is the only real way to catch people smuggling bombs on their person.

It's not rocket science.

End the war on terror...save a lot of aggravation and a boatload of money.

:thup:

How many people have boarded airplanes with bombs on their person? Two? Just how effective is the TSA screening?

Why the TSA Practices Could Result In Public Rebellion or a Terrorist Attack

Airport security scans are considered under law to be administrative searches that do not require a warrant. Airplanes are jet fueled missiles which can be boarded and potentially hijacked by anybody despite their paper "record", meanwhile the objectionable x-ray scan itself does not reveal anything other than the PHYSICAL person; it does not stand to incriminate a person in the same the way the Patriot Act could.

The Patriot Act was special act of Congress signed into law by President Bush.

"The Act dramatically reduced restrictions on law enforcement agencies' ability to search telephone, e-mail communications, medical, financial, and other records; eased restrictions on foreign intelligence gathering within the United States; expanded the Secretary of the Treasury’s authority to regulate financial transactions, particularly those involving foreign individuals and entities; and broadened the discretion of law enforcement and immigration authorities in detaining and deporting immigrants suspected of terrorism-related acts. The act also expanded the definition of terrorism to include domestic terrorism, thus enlarging the number of activities to which the USA PATRIOT Act’s expanded law enforcement powers could be applied." USA PATRIOT Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have the new searches ever been challenged? This administrative search argument is being applied to areas the original case never covered. Searching bags and walking through a metal detector is completely different than aggressive pat downs and exposing people to hazardous radiation. If you were more honest you would stop trying to use old law to defend something it does not cover.

Wiretapping should only be done if there is no other way to catch a criminal in the act.

Searching people boarding commercial flights is the only real way to catch people smuggling bombs on their person.

It's not rocket science.

Tell me, since the TSA came into being.....can you give us one single solitary instance where their actions have ever caught or thwarted a terrorist attack? A dedicated suicide bomber can easily get a bomb past even todays invasive pat downs. Full body scanners and invasive pat downs can not detect a bomb hidden in a body cavity. So, what's next....an anal probing? Israel has kept their airline travel safe for years without pat downs. I wonder how they do that? :eusa_think:
I don't know...they do arrest people with weapons, but I don't know if it is possible for them to know the intent of the people boarding planes with weapons. Here is one example:

TSA: Four Discoveries and Three Arrests in 12 Hours at Tampa

As for the profiling, as I was looking for an answer to your question I found that they do profile, and of course that also raises some civil liberties questions (interesting article):

TSA's 'behavior detection' leads to few arrests - USATODAY.com

If you think Israel doesn't pat down people they suspect of terrorism you aren't very bright.

There is a difference between searching someone you suspect of terrorism and searching everyone who tries to board a plane. If you do not understand that I am not the one whose intelligence is questionable.

I don't know...they do arrest people with weapons, but I don't know if it is possible for them to know the intent of the people boarding planes with weapons. Here is one example:

As for the profiling, as I was looking for an answer to your question I found that they do profile, and of course that also raises some civil liberties questions (interesting article):

If you think Israel doesn't pat down people they suspect of terrorism you aren't very bright.

SUSPECT is the key word in your sentence. Of course Israel would pat down someone they suspect of terrorism. They'd be morons if they didn't. Tell me how that equates to the US patting down children, disabled people, nuns and the elderly? What are they suspected of?

Airport security - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
What do you suggest, we give nuns (easy to get uniforms on ebay) and people with plastic bags full of liquid tied to their bellies a pass? bwahahaha!

Quit bitching at me...I have been against this nonsense from the beginning and am laughing at the discomfort of you morons that didn't care until last week.

btw, Obama's first pick for TSA head wanted to model our security system on Israel's but all the rightwingoon's outcry made him to decide to drop out.

You reap what you sow.

I love it when people distort facts. Didn't Southers lie to Congress, and Obama, about accessing information about his ex-wife's new boy friend, and potentially violating his privacy and federal law? But the only reason he was opposed was because he liked the way Israel screened passengers.

SUSPECT is the key word in your sentence. Of course Israel would pat down someone they suspect of terrorism. They'd be morons if they didn't. Tell me how that equates to the US patting down children, disabled people, nuns and the elderly? What are they suspected of?

What do you suggest, we give nuns (easy to get uniforms on ebay) and people with plastic bags full of liquid tied to their bellies a pass? bwahahaha!

Quit bitching at me...I have been against this nonsense from the beginning and am laughing at the discomfort of you morons that didn't care until last week.

btw, Obama's first pick for TSA head wanted to model our security system on Israel's but all the rightwingoon's outcry made him to decide to drop out.

You reap what you sow.

I love it when people distort facts. Didn't Southers lie to Congress, and Obama, about accessing information about his ex-wife's new boy friend, and potentially violating his privacy and federal law? But the only reason he was opposed was because he liked the way Israel screened passengers.
No, it was Harding, and he had ties to defense contractors, much like that toad Cheney. But it didn't matter with Cheney, because he was a REAL (Republican) American.

You reap what you sow.

No, it was Harding, and he had ties to defense contractors, much like that toad Cheney. But it didn't matter with Cheney, because he was a REAL (Republican) American.

The Republicans opposed somebody that Cheney liked?

Aren't right wingers funny. They will give the government complete access to their medical records, their credit, the most intimate part of their lives and call it "Patriot" Act.

But they are terrified someone might actually take a look at their "Kibbles and Bits".

It's hilarious. Seriously hilarious.

Aren't right wingers funny. They will give the government complete access to their medical records, their credit, the most intimate part of their lives and call it "Patriot" Act.

But they are terrified someone might actually take a look at their "Kibbles and Bits".

And if you support the TSA but not the Patriot Act then you're just as hypocritical.

They're suspected of naively believing in the 4th Amendment.

Don't worry, we're from the government and we're here to help. It's for your own good.

Now we have reports of terrorists hiding bombs in their bowels so we need you to bend over.

Don't worry it's for security.

Aren't you the one who supports Obamacare?

The strangest part about this is not that you think I support the Patriot Act, but that you think I support government in anything it ever does. Even the few things it is necessary for would get done better without it.

And if you support the TSA but not the Patriot Act then you're just as hypocritical.

Why should I want to let the government crawl around in my medical records, looking into my credit or listening to my phone calls? It's not like I have anything to hide, but why is it necessary?

On the other hand, I've been to countless nude beaches. I was stationed in Germany where steam rooms and saunas are "co-ed". I have zero problem with someone seeing me through a scanner. I don't see what the big deal is?

It's not rocket science.

I don't think there has ever been a person in the US who was caught boarding a plane with a bomb on their person. They come from other places. Profile Profile Profile.

Why should I want to let the government crawl around in my medical records, looking into my credit or listening to my phone calls? It's not like I have anything to hide, but why is it necessary?

On the other hand, I've been to countless nude beaches. I was stationed in Germany where steam rooms and saunas are "co-ed". I have zero problem with someone seeing me through a scanner. I don't see what the big deal is?

And that's why you're a hypocrite.

You reap what you sow.

Wha do I suggest? Profiling. It works. I don't worry about getting stung by butterflys. I do shy away from hornets. If you are looking for tomatos, you don't look on a rose bush.

You might want to remove your head out of you ass if you don't want to look stoopid. I didn't just start caring last week.

You reap what you sow.

Wha do I suggest? Profiling. It works. I don't worry about getting stung by butterflys. I do shy away from hornets. If you are looking for tomatos, you don't look on a rose bush.

You might want to remove your head out of you ass if you don't want to look stoopid. I didn't just start caring last week.
So you say...I have never seen you, Kevin Kennedy, or any of the other so-called libertarians make a peep over the invasion of privacy in shoe removal.

You reap what you sow.

So you say...I have never seen you, Kevin Kennedy, or any of the other so-called libertarians make a peep over the invasion of privacy in shoe removal.

Well I advocate abolishing the TSA completely, so I think my position on shoe removal is pretty clear.

I don't have a problem with the traces as long as it's only dealing with national security. I also don't have a real problem with body scanning but the pat downs seem like they are a little overboard.
The truth is that terrorist could make the same splash by just going into a crowded airport and stand in the middle of thousands of people and setting off a bomb.
Would people show up to fly on planes if this happened?

I guess my answer is maybe in some cases the pat down would be OK just like in some cases the wire taps would be OK.

You reap what you sow.

I wasn't on this board when that started.

Just saying.

New Topics

Forum List

Back