"Patriot" Act to expire. Die!

Yes, not only does it cause problems for those US citizens being victimized as a result of it, It makes any government worker having to apply it to feel like they aren't even upholding the constitution. Can you imagine, swearing to protect the constitution, being all excited at your graduation ceremony only to find out a few years later that the very thing you are doing is totally unconstitutional. To have to live with ones self in that regard, makes those applying it worse than terrorists. At least those that terrorise have something to believe in. These guys, every day that they go to work is another day that they chip away at the very foundation on which they stand.

Rand Paul is trying to filibuster this. I have to admit, if more politicians were like him, we'd have a very different country with a government properly submitted to the people they serve and the US Constitution.

Funny thing about that Patriot Act. Democrats ran on repealing it UNTIL THEY GOT IN POWER. Now they won't let go of that power. Libertarians and true conservatives warned us about it's potential for abuse and now we're seeing that abuse by this president and the Democratic Party.

Funny thing about that Patriot Act. Democrats ran on repealing it UNTIL THEY GOT IN POWER. Now they won't let go of that power. Libertarians and true conservatives warned us about it's potential for abuse and now we're seeing that abuse by this president and the Democratic Party.
I don't trust either party with this law.

In matters such as this, there is no left or right, no up or down, only big people and little people..

Last edited:
Never should have passed it in the first place

It was passed in post 9-11 panic

carousel23.jpg

Renew! Renew! ;)

The funny thing is how the "patriot" act is so despised on the right and left and proves how little our government fears our displeasure and operates apart from the will of the people.

I'm all for the Patriot Act. I personally have never been whisked off toa black site, arrested without charge, or held incommunicado without due process. So I gotta assume any who have were guilty of something or other.

The funny thing is how the "patriot" act is so despised on the right and left and proves how little our government fears our displeasure and operates apart from the will of the people.

I'm all for the Patriot Act. I personally have never been whisked off toa black site, arrested without charge, or held incommunicado without due process. So I gotta assume any who have were guilty of something or other.
Then you are a true "patriot".

Then you are a true "patriot".

Actually no. Wouldn't pluck a hair for the US. But if you take up arms or support those that do you're no brother of mine. If they come for you in the wee hours of the night and put a black bag over your head oh well.

Forum List

Back