Patriot Act Against a 16 Year Old

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Kevin_Kennedy, May 5, 2009.

1. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    [youtube]M9zGhYSIAP8[/youtube]

These are the consequences of allowing the federal government to ignore the Constitution.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5049867/

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." - James Madison

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  2. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    Give it time. Some idiot will turn this into the kids fault somehow.

Even if this kid did make threats from his home, this seems to be heavy handed. This should have been a local police matter. Once the premises were cleared of evidence of bomb making, it should have been handed over.

3. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    And he should certainly not still be in custody, especially considering the complete lack of any evidence.

4. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Well .. it's a good example of what happens when people are ruled by fear and paranoia ... there are hundreds of such issues that could easily turn into this kind of crap ...

... global warming is head in this direction ...
    ... pandemics will be soon ...
    ... gun control ...

It's why I don't like the media abusing paranoia so much ... this is the result of too many buying into it, the government takes a mile.

5. Smartt33

Smartt33 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +147
    I don't think we need to worry about the media, they are gagged already. The government is becoming a monster, and apathetic Americans are letting it happen. The current president is a perfect example of that. I personally don't believe he is even an American. I believe he is an implant, and the media has been stopped from addressing it. I believe we have a government that CANNOT be trusted. I believe there will be a revolution, and it will be carried out by our true American Military. I believe that will be the right thing.

I believe the homeland Security, Supreme court, and office of the President of the United States are all in the process of leading this nation into destruction, unless Apathetic Americans stand up and take the country back.

I am an American true and served in the Military. My Dad is an American WW II hero, and My Brother served in he Marines. We love this country, and though my Dad and Brother are now gone, I will stand on their behalf.

With that said, I believe I have to stand up, press forward, and leave my steps in the hands of God. I believe God is the answer, and the only answer. I don't believe this president or his administration recognize God at all. I believe Obama is Muslim, and serving another god, if he serves any god at all.

In his first 100 days he has begun what is wrecking this nation, and he has no apologies to offer, nor any desire to try to correct his stupidity.

He apologized to the world for the arrogance of the American people. He thanked the Muslims for their great contribution to America, and He stated outright that America is not a Christian nation. I really believe he is from another country so he can be as negative as he wants to about America, and it will serve him well.

I will stand for America, the one that My Dad fought for. I sill hold the flag high, and lift God to his rightful place over this nation.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  6. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,305
    OK, hero. Most of us here have served. And most of our fathers did likewise. As far as your opinions go on our current President go, if he gets us out of the present economic debacle without a Second Great Republican Depression, he will be a two term President.

Most Americans see President Barak Hussien Obama as a huge improvement over the prior incompetant.

7. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
    I thought Obama and the liberals were against the Patriot Act????? Why is this still in effect?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Yeah... those teenagers could not possibly do anything... I mean.. those nice teens we ran into in Somalia... oh... wait...

Besides... what mom is not going to say "my son could NEVER do something like that"?... and because of the gag order, you are only getting 1 side of the story... and that side is being sensationalized by the typical media move

So.... yes, teens can commit atrocious things and they can hide them and it can be without the parent's knowledge... and we don't have all the details here... so I would not go instantly bashing the 'Patriot Act' or our system of law enforcement that is trying to protect us from terrorism, foreign and domestic

9. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    I don't think there should ever be warrantless searches regardless, but this sounds pretty far-fetched. And, given that the prosecutors are prohibited because of the gag order from responding, I wonder if mom isn't being a little precious about her little darling.

Is it heavy-handed? If there was no warrant and none of the traditional exceptions to the need for a warrant? Of course it was.

But heck, I don't understand why the patriot act is still law anyway. One would have thought it would have been struck down by the Supreme Court.

10. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    You are aware, aren't you, genius, that it would take either another act of Congress or a determination by the Supreme Court that it's unconstitutional to get rid of it?

Damn, what a moron you are....

but go ahead, trash every interesting conversation that you touch...:cuckoo:

you guys don't even want to stop torturing people. now you're worried about individual rights?

you crack me up.