Patreus story: "Tampa socialite"; WTF is a "socialite"?

Im so sick of hearing the media repeating that phrase, the "Tampa socialite". WTF is a socialite? I know her husband is a surgeon, and they live in a mansion in Tampa. So...what is she?? A "socialite"? Her profession is being married to a really rich guy, and flocking around the social scene in Tampa?

And they make the circuit if you know what I mean.

You gotta chalk it up to the pop-culture idiots they graduate from journalism school. Valerie Plame was a "socialite" but the word didn't seem to apply when she was promoted as an alleged victim of a republican administration..

I am not an expert by any means but I think a socialite is someone who has a lot of money, a large nice house, invites you to hundred of parties with great food and drink ... and who is superficial and rather boring.

Im so sick of hearing the media repeating that phrase, the "Tampa socialite". WTF is a socialite? I know her husband is a surgeon, and they live in a mansion in Tampa. So...what is she?? A "socialite"? Her profession is being married to a really rich guy, and flocking around the social scene in Tampa?

actually socialites are a very positive thing around army, navy, marine bases. They organize fund raisers, help out those in need, etc.
I know what your saying. But the position is being given a bad rap.

Forum List

Back