Patraeus says that legalizing gay marriage threatens the troops

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan said the legalization of gay marriage in the US could put the lives of American troops in danger and damage the war effort.

Gen. David Petraeus said the Taliban would exploit it for propaganda purposes, drumming up anger toward the U.S. and making it harder for allied troops to carry out their mission of protecting Afghan civilians.

"It could endanger troops and it could endanger the overall effort," Gen. Petraeus said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal. "It is precisely the kind of action the Taliban uses and could cause significant problems. Not just here, but everywhere in the world we are engaged with the Islamic community."

Hundreds of Afghans attended a demonstration in Kabul on Monday to protest western acceptance of faggotry.

Afghan protesters chanted "death to America" and speakers called on the U.S. to withdraw its military convoy. Some of the protesters threw rocks at a passing military convoy, although officials told the rock-throwers to stop.

Military officials fear the protests are likely to spread beyond Kabul to other Afghan cities. In interviews with various media outlets, Bodecea, a vocal homosexual at USMB has denied that getting married will put troops in danger.

Gen. Petraeus declined to elaborate on precisely what kinds of threats or violence could occur in the wake of legalized gay marriage. But westerners in Afghanistan have been warned away from restaurants and other public places as tensions arise over the matter.

There is no link since this is only a spoof that I made up to make a point.

If you don't get what that point is you're not very bright.

:thup:

The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan said the legalization of gay marriage in the US could put the lives of American troops in danger and damage the war effort.

Gen. David Petraeus said the Taliban would exploit it for propaganda purposes, drumming up anger toward the U.S. and making it harder for allied troops to carry out their mission of protecting Afghan civilians.

"It could endanger troops and it could endanger the overall effort," Gen. Petraeus said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal. "It is precisely the kind of action the Taliban uses and could cause significant problems. Not just here, but everywhere in the world we are engaged with the Islamic community."

Hundreds of Afghans attended a demonstration in Kabul on Monday to protest western acceptance of faggotry.

Afghan protesters chanted "death to America" and speakers called on the U.S. to withdraw its military convoy. Some of the protesters threw rocks at a passing military convoy, although officials told the rock-throwers to stop.

Military officials fear the protests are likely to spread beyond Kabul to other Afghan cities. In interviews with various media outlets, Bodecea, a vocal homosexual at USMB has denied that getting married will put troops in danger.

Gen. Petraeus declined to elaborate on precisely what kinds of threats or violence could occur in the wake of legalized gay marriage. But westerners in Afghanistan have been warned away from restaurants and other public places as tensions arise over the matter.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Umm, the point is that you replaced Koran burning with gay marriage?

The implication of all of this is that we can't go about worrying about what some sand bathers think of us as a society under the duress that they might attack our troops.:eusa_whistle:

I get it, but it's not at all clever or called for.:doubt:

• Banned

The implication of all of this is that we can't go about worrying about what some sand bathers think of us as a society under the duress that they might attack our troops.:eusa_whistle:

Thanks, but I disagree.

I think it's at least a little bit clever and definitely called for, in light of all the dumbassery that's been on display in the other Patraeus thread.

Yeah... I know this is a spoof, but I always thought Petraeus seemed a bit light in the loafers. "Not that there's anything wrong with that" as Seinfeld would say...

Perhaps he's participating in "Don't Ask, don't tell". Just saying...

Not quite "on point" since Koran-burning would be a direct affront, while gay marriage is just another of those Western ideas they don't like.

• Banned
Not quite "on point" since Koran-burning would be a direct affront, while gay marriage is just another of those Western ideas they don't like.

Personally, I cherish the right to free speech no matter how offensive it may be or what it may be an "affront to."

And the mere fact that this particular "affront" may indeed be met with a violent response is PRECISELY what MUST be addressed if Islam is to ever peacefully co-exist with Western culture.

Personally, I cherish the right to free speech no matter how offensive it may be or what it may be an "affront to."

And the mere fact that this particular "affront" may indeed be met with a violent response is PRECISELY what MUST be addressed if Islam is to ever peacefully co-exist with Western culture.

Fine, then the response should be dialog, not book burning. How does that improve anything, except to show that some here are as Nazi-like as Hamas?

Fine, then the response should be dialog, not book burning. How does that improve anything, except to show that some here are as Nazi-like as Hamas?

I don't agree that it shows anything Nazi-like at all.

In the short run, Patraeus could very well be correct. But in the long run I think that if Islam is to peacefully co-exist with the west then all practitioners of Islam must understand and accept that WE ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT SURRENDER OUR CONSTITUTIONALLY PROTECTED LIBERTY TO AVOID OFFENDED THEM. We make no such concession to anyone else and we're not about to start now.

Bravo

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thanks, but I disagree.

I think it's at least a little bit clever and definitely called for, in light of all the dumbassery that's been on display in the other Patraeus thread.

It is a little clever. I am sure a comic genius could make the point better, but I could not. It is definitely called for.

I don't agree that it shows anything Nazi-like at all.

In the short run, Patraeus could very well be correct. But in the long run I think that if Islam is to peacefully co-exist with the west then all practitioners of Islam must understand and accept that WE ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT SURRENDER OUR CONSTITUTIONALLY PROTECTED LIBERTY TO AVOID OFFENDED THEM. We make no such concession to anyone else and we're not about to start now.

Though it creates the perception among people who have owe no allegiance to the United States that Americans do not respect their beliefs and further serves to alientate some moderate Muslims. Burning Korans would simply provides terrorists with another peg to help support their ideology, which ultimately is an ideology that is unjustifiable.

But I agree we shouldnt make a concession to anyone when it comes to our rights. But we should try not to act like complete retards.

Last year, such waivers were granted to 8,129 men and women -- or more than one out of every 10 new Army recruits. That number is up 65 percent since 2003, the year President Bush ordered the invasion of Iraq. In the last three years, more than 125,000 moral waivers have been granted by America's four military services.

Most of last year's Army waivers were for serious misdemeanors, like aggravated assault, robbery, burglary and vehicular homicide. But around 900 -- double the number in 2003 -- were for felonies. Worse, the Army does no systematic tracking of recruits with waivers once it signs them up, and it does not always pay enough attention to any adjustment problems.

Without adequate monitoring and counseling, handing out guns to people who have already committed crimes poses a danger to the other soldiers they serve with and to the innocent civilians they are supposed to protect.

But the Pentagon is discharging more than 700 people a year who are determined to be homosexuals -- who in nearly every case have performed their service honorably on behalf of their country and uniformed service.

The Military's Moral Blinders: Criminals Preferred to Fill Ranks Over Gays - The Washington Note

Transcript:
ACKERMAN: Well, it seems that the military has gone around and fired a whole bunch of people who speak foreign languages — Farsi and Arabic, etc. — after they trained them in their foreign language schools for 63 weeks, and presumably they all pass all kinds of security things, and many of them told on themselves and were fired. For some reason, the military seems more afraid of gay people than they are against terrorists, because they’re very brave with the terrorists. I mean, if the terrorists ever got a hold of this information, they’d get a platoon of lesbians to chase us out of Baghdad.

I love this sign:

TEABAGGER:

T otally
E nraged
A bout
B lacks
A nd
G ays
G etting
E qual
R ights

Forum List