Pathological liars

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by AllieBaba, Oct 11, 2009.

1. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    After watching Ravi systematically create threads based upon lies, and then subsequently filled with further lies, it has lead me to do a little research on what it means when a person feels compelled to do this. Here's a little of what I came up with:

"Symptoms of a Pathological Liar:
    A pathological liar would always tend to exaggerate about things. He/she would always talk about many things in a much broader perspective. Their daily life often includes such far-fetched sentences about many things. It could be a simple issue that may not even hold too much importance for you.

These kinds of liars would be noticed easily because they tend to change their stories frequently. It may so happen that a pathological liar may not really be able to keep a record of stories that are fabricated as per his/her imagination and this may be noticed very easily in any normal situation.

These liars often lie in situations whenever they find it easy to do so. A simple situation is often used to their advantage by such liars.

They often go on the defensive whenever anyone cross-examines the person. This happens even if you ask an innocent question in relation to the given situation. A pathological liar would tend to feel threatened when questioned. This could explain their reaction to any questions asked.

A pathological liar must be handled carefully if you wish to help the person change this habit. These liars would need to be reminded gently about their behavior by pointing out their little bits of lies. Do not blame them for the lies, as many times, they are not even aware about what is being said by them. You might need to use professional help to tackle extreme cases. "
    Symptoms of a Pathological Liar

"...chronic lying in adults is often a manifestation of antisocial personality disorder (also known as sociopathy). Sociopaths are often deceitful and manipulative in order to gain personal profit or pleasure."
    Pathological Liar - iVillage Your Total Health

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Valerie

Valerie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,295

No offense Allie but I think you're exaggerating with this thread here. I didn't see any LIES in that thread, I was there. :eusa_hand:

IF you have SPECIFICS about particular LIES post them here, otherwise you might consider turning that cheek! ;)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. SmarterThanHick

SmarterThanHick Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    ::sharpens pitchfork::

4. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    I did post them there. She lies every time she says the question hasn't been answered. She lies every time she opens her mouth.

Anyway, just got me thinking about pathological liars.

5. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    The only time politicians tell the truth is when they call each other liars...

6. Valerie

Valerie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,295

I think you're probably right that the question was answered over and over, and she kept turning it into something else, may be she really didn't understand the answers or maybe that's just her way of keeping you posting, but I wouldn't call that a lie.

FTR, I wasn't offended even though I had to repeat myself FOUR times! :lol:

The meaning of a LIE should not be so easily diminished, is all I'm saying...

7. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,289
  8. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    I don't know about pathological, but she DOES lie a lot as a poster. I have no idea about her personally.

9. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,769
    Did I actually say the question hadn't been answered in that thread? I don't think so...methinks you are the pathological liar, Babble.

10. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    You said repeatedly it hadn't been answered. And it was. Yet another lie.